I am experiencing something strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
This is going to sound bizarre, but I've have a perceived drastic strength or intensity of my nicotine hit with the only change being a 510 drip tip.
Even more strange is this effect is not present on any of my other tanks.
I just received a Themis mesh tank and I noticed that it contained a 5-10 adapter I had just received recently some custom 510 drip tips and I thought I would see what it would be like.
Now I've been vaping all day on this new tank and nothing like what I'm experiencing happened until I put this custom 510 drip tip on it.
The intensity of my nicotine hit is scary as in scary not in a good way really incredibly strong Nick hit.
Normally for my brain to be in its Happy's place I need three to four puffs. With this drip tip only one puff is required and the nicotine hit is crazy hard scary hard.
Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Do you mean .05%? Which would be 5mg/ml. Which is an odd number, dont see many juices in that unless its a diy. At any rate, nic salt is supposed to get in the bloodstream quicker but at that low level you say youre using, it shouldnt cause any probs. And the 510 drip tip is a fair sized bore so you are getting fairly large hits. How long have you been vaping?

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
For now I've removed the drip tip and put the stock tip back on, and my vape experience is back to what I expect three to four puffs it's all good. The custom drip tip or just drip tip is a vase shape and the inner diameter is a bit small so I would say the draw is a tad restrictive but I don't see how or why it would so drastically affect the strength of my nicotine hits,
Perhaps the restricted draw causes a much denser Vape and thus more nicotine at a time it's the only thing I can think of to explain it.

• Agree

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Thanks for clarifying the nic level. For the type of tank you are using, and im again assuming the mesh is sub ohm, 50mg is entirely way too high. Sub ohming anything over 6mg/ml will cause nicotine issues. Even in someone who has a fairly high tolerance. I havent tried it myself but i might could go 9mg/ml juice at sub ohm due to my personal tolerance. I do have to ask also, what resistance is that mesh? If its less that 1ohm, then you need to drop your nic level way down. Way down.

• Agree

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
The mesh coil ohms out at 0.12
I've tried all the various smaller nicotine dosages like 3 9 and even 18 of the Free Base juices and I can't feel the nicotine hit at all from these products.
Nicotine salts have been the only thing that satisfies.
The wattage ,that varies between my different tanks 30-60 watts.
All of my other tanks aren't mesh there various RTA's. My resistance in those coils aren't as low as this mesh tank the average .33 to .50
I'm a d l vaper, I like to fill my lungs full then xhale.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
A drip tip makes a difference as it is one factor in the airflow of your tank. More airflow, more vapor, more nic. Still a 50 mg juice is going to pack quite a punch in a tank like that. But you have to go with what works for you. From the sound of it, that tank configuration is especially sensitive to small changes in airflow over your other tanks, and sticking with the stock drip tip may be your best option.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Do you MTL or DL hit you vape? The 510 driptip is more for DL hits.

IMO, you have that backwards. DTL vapers (especially subohm cloud chasers) use the much larger bore driptips, because they want/need a very airy draw. MTL vapers prefer the smaller 510 because they like/need the tighter cigarette-like draw.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Changing from a large to a small bore driptip may make a difference, as you are (albeit indirectly) changing airflow and also how the nicotine "hits' your system. The mucosal membranes are fairly effective at absorbing nicotine so if you are placing a large concentration into your mouth and then continuing on to your lung hit (sometimes that change can seem unnoticeable, but I think it still happens to a degree) that may affect absorption.

If you like this new drip tip, then lower your nic concentration so you can vape it in that tank. If you are fine with your "other" driptips ,then hey, continue on. Either solution should work.

I will admit, I'm not quite sure how you are still standing using that high a concentration of nic salts in sub0hm devices, but I guess everyone's nic tolerances are different.

Best of luck, if I were really enjoying the "vaping change" as it were, I'd probably be more likely to lower my nic and just enjoy vaping that way, but either option should work.

Anna

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I don't find this strange at all. I switched to a wider bore drip tip for more flavor and it stands to reason more nic would come with that. Too wide a drip tip(for me) will reduce the flavor so I try to stay between 10mm-15mm range. I always just thought it was because I had been a heavy smoker for many many years that my taste buds were permanently damaged so I needed something to hit a broader area of my tongue.

Using nic salts DL will give me a light headed feeling like a buzz and I will get overdosed on nic quickly. So I just stick to freebase.

YMMV
:)

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
IMO, you have that backwards. DTL vapers (especially subohm cloud chasers) use the much larger bore driptips, because they want/need a very airy draw. MTL vapers prefer the smaller 510 because they like/need the tighter cigarette-like draw.
My bad, i got it mixed up. I just thought the wide bore tips on my smok tanks were 510, just like the 510 resin tip i bought for my tfv12

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Sub ohming anything over 6mg/ml will cause nicotine issues.
That is very much subjective to the individual person.I vaped at .3 ohms with 18mg nic for over 2 years with no issues at all.I now vape at .2-.3 ohms with 12mg nic every day all day with no issues for well over a year,so it will vary widely depending on the individual person.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Other questions....what wattage are you at? Do you MTL or DL hit you vape? The 510 driptip is more for DL hits. What is the resistance of that mesh?

Actually the 510 designation refers to the hole in the top of the tank AND the threads on the tank itself.....the size of the 'bore' refers to how wide the opening in the drip tip is. eq. wide bore 510 drip tips.
$2.89 Authentic Wotofo Wide Bore 510 Drip Tip - 15mm / resin + stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread