Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello,
I have not seen recipes for the flavorings you are asking for but others will come along that can point the direction you should go.

Do you have syringes/some kind of measuring tools for the nic and flavors you end up buying?

Do you have any bottles that will hold the recipe you plan on mixing?

You will also need a calculator (free) to help you put the correct amounts of each ingredient you have to mix...

:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Also I usually point new diy'ers toward what is known as a one shot type of flavoring, A good example of these are offered by onestopdiyshop. Look at their blends/flavorings. They also carry a few of the 'other flavor maker' products.

The beauty of these one shot type of flavors means that all we have to mix is pg/vg, nic and the amount of flavoring we want in the recipe. I have tried most of what they offer and I love them.

Starting out with a one shot can show you that you really can do this plus it can provide time vaping it while you look around, ask questions and get to know all things that a diy'er needs.

Other than that it becomes a little involved when you are trying out new mixes. Remember there are lots of flavor makers that make the same type of flavoring(each has their versions of the same types)
e.g. FlavourArt(FA)makes a really good lemon flavoring AND
so does The Flavor Apprentice(TFA), but they are not equal in taste.

Your One Stop Shop for Flavorings, Best Prices and Best Customer Service

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have some favorites, Mint Chocolate chip ice cream (for me it needs a hint more mint) Banana's Foster, um, Lemon Rhubarb tart, English Trifle.

But everyone's tastes are different. Sugar and Spice has given you some good advice. I'd also recommend a few (small) tester size single flavors, and to start mixing them at various percentages as well as going to a "taste bar" brick and mortar if you have one near you. I did that to start my DIY adventures and it served me well... In figuring out what flavor profiles I liked and disliked and etc. I also read a ton of recipes as well, although I don't usually follow them but to give me ideas.

One shots are a great way to get going without a great deal of testing AS you try different individual flavors and manufacturers. You can vape them quickly without much (or sometimes any) steeping.

In the meantime you can "test" flavors in small tester sizes, trying them at a week in and then a few days after that, to get a sense of steeping times and what individual flavors work or not, for you. I would then COMBINE my flavors in my tank to get a sense of what "went" with what, although it wasn't a substitute for fully steeping flavors together, it gave me ideas.

Using this method (take notes, good notes, and keep them, including "best" steep times and flavors that may "fade," over time. You will fine your skills build on themselves. I'm happy to say I never used someone else's recipe entirely although I have gotten great ideas from them. It's how I learned to cook and after a while you'll get a sense of flavors, combinations, steeping times and manufacturers you love. Etc.

There is certainly no reason to NOT follow a premade recipe either, although you'd be flavoring to someone else's taste not yours. Also in the beginning you may prefer stronger flavoring (and some vendors, like flavor art, are known to be quite strong) and you may find over time you need less flavoring percentage when you start.

Finally, a good sweetener may be useful when coming from storebought. I like FA Supersweet, which is sucralose (although some flavors like merengue and marshmallow are naturally sweet and can round out a mix or offer some mouthfeel as well as sweetness. Use them judiciously as they contain Ethyl maltol, many of them, which can mute other flavors.

Sucralose is really "shake and vape" so start LOW on your flavoring and then add more if needed. I've never really needed too much more than a drop or two per 30 ml, but I like sucralose, I am used to it, and I understand how it works. Sweet, dark and naturally extracted tobaccos can be hard on coils, so start low with any of those flavors and see how they work out.

As to bottles and calculators you can learn more on the DIY forum. You can mix by weight or volume and a good juice calculator will allow you to try either.

Best of luck, hope some of this was helpful. I had a slow start, but I don't regret it, and DIY is one of my favorite things about vaping.

Good luck,

Anna

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Great advice! Wish I’d listened to this advice when I started. Do you have a favorite or favorites from 1SDIY?
Yes I do LOL.
Blueberry Raz slushy
Southern Sweet Tea
Succulent Strawberry
All are in my daily rotation. This week I am favoring the strawberry, but last week it was the tea.

The sweet tea has just the right amount of sweetness and I don't add any more to it. Its good at 5% but if you like a stronger tea taste you can go up to 10%.

5% is where I start with OSDIY flavors and blends, can always add more if needed.

I also like the Baked Cinn Role and the Arnold Palmer tea. The lemon in the APT does not fade.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Yes I do LOL.
Blueberry Raz slushy
Southern Sweet Tea
Succulent Strawberry
All are in my daily rotation. This week I am favoring the strawberry, but last week it was the tea.

The sweet tea has just the right amount of sweetness and I don't add any more to it. Its good at 5% but if you like a stronger tea taste you can go up to 10%.

5% is where I start with OSDIY flavors and blends, can always add more if needed.

I also like the Baked Cinn Role and the Arnold Palmer tea. The lemon in the APT does not fade.

I have the blu raz and strawberry. Though I’ve mixed the strawberry a couple ways, I haven’t found the best way to use it yet. Any advice or mix you don’t mind sharing? I’m glad you mentioned these teas because tea is one of those I’d never purchase without being told they’re tasty. Thanks:p

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I have some favorites, Mint Chocolate chip ice cream (for me it needs a hint more mint) Banana's Foster, um, Lemon Rhubarb tart, English Trifle.
These look tasty and I’ve noticed I usually like things you mention. You mentioned really liking English Trifle a few weeks or so back. So I wanted to try it but they’ve been out. I’ll keep trying though. Thanks for sharing:)

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
@NatashaTMT , If you want to try some, l got a fairly large bottle. If you want me to send you some to try I'd be happy to. Just PM me. :) It is pretty great, I think. But yes, I didn't get a tester sized bottle, I'd be happy to send you a ml or two.

Anna
:)Thats just too kind! I’d be surprised if they don’t get it back in soon. I actually haven’t checked in about a week now. It sounds like something I’d love!

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Well it remains out of stock, just PM me. Some of those English flavors can be hard to get. I seriously doubt I'll go through the entire bottle in 2 years . I like it, but nothing I make is an ADV. Also, my puny MTLness, LOL.

Anna
Hate they’re still out! Loving you’ll share though:) Sorta feel guilty but if you know you won’t use it all... Anything I might have you’d like to sample? I have plenty to choose from! Same name on that recipe site.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Yes I do LOL.
Blueberry Raz slushy
Southern Sweet Tea
Succulent Strawberry

I just ordered some Arnold Palmer, I like the drink so I figure the vape will surely please, yes?

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN

What they block e-liquid-recipes dot com here?

...?
I’m not sure exactly why but we aren’t supposed to link it or mention by name (I think). Though most know what we're referring to when mentioning ELR etc.

Last edited:

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Search for elysian elixer Ambrosia clone recipes, there are a few.
Pick up (besides the recipe flavors) additional flavors like butter, marshmellow and sweetener. That may get you a starting point for something you may like. Use the additions sparingly, like drops to start.
I believe when I made this for my Mom I used 2 drops butter and sweetener per 10ml.
Good luck:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread