I bought a REO Mini from the Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeadyKate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
Eastern WA
Nice little guy. He is Silver with a black door. The seller sent two bottles, two feed tubes with o rings and caps, noalox, business card for Rob, and three batteries. I know it was used. But it also included once of those nice stainless ming tips too. ;) Ok I have been reading through the Reo forum for a few days. Read about cleaning the device. There seem to be various methods. But does anyone know how to take the feeder tube out of the Reo. I unscrewed the screw where the firing pin is and pulled down that little cover. I did attempt to gently pull the feeder tube off. But it looked like it would break if I pulled too hard. Any ideas? Other than that I got the unit all cleaned up. Unfortunately after I cleaned it with some good rubbing alcohol and soapy water, the only polish laying around our house was Brasso. Yuck, it does not smell so good. Have to invest in some of that Mothers Polish. :) Any tips would be great, thanks! I have other units I can vape on till this little guy drys. Just throwing that in there. :vapor:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Hi BeadyKate :) Sounds like you got yourself a nice setup! :)
So the tube is held on by a little dot of superglue. It may be helpful to drop your mod in some very hot water for a few minutes (minuse the battery, atty, and juice bottle, of course.) Then gently pull straight down on the tube. it will stretch some, but eventually the tube will come free from the nipple. May I ask why you want to remove the tube?

BeadyKate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
Eastern WA
Oh, well then that makes sense. Um, I was just trying to clean all of the parts. It was used. And I am a bit of a germaphobe, lol. And there is a drop or two of juice that is visible, that would not come out. I thought since there was two in a kit, even when you buy one, that it could come off rather easily. I guess it will stay on there, unless it breaks. Then I will replace it with the other tube. Thanks for clearing that up for me, Rhapsodies Fire. :oops: I just use my other e cig till my little Reo dries. Gotta say, love how small it is. :)

BeadyKate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
Eastern WA
Congrats and WELCOME REOnaut BeadyKate NEWEST ECF VET!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Can't be juice in there...just run the whole thing under hot water. You should be able to see water flushing through the tubing. Gotta love the Mini. I'm a Mini gal, myself! :)

Yep I did that with a syringe filled with a little water and dishsoap a few times. Then flushed it with plain hot water a few times, then I flushed it with a little rubbing alcohol a few times. Washed interior with q tip and rubbing alcohol. Then polished the outside with Brasso. Man that Brasso smells horrid now. (It seemed to smell better when I smoked analogs. Darn Army Brat lol) So yes, I am a clean freak. ;) Thanks it's been a long journey. But thankfully I am completely off those dang cancer sticks. Have been for awhile.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Oh, well then that makes sense. Um, I was just trying to clean all of the parts. It was used. And I am a bit of a germaphobe, lol. And there is a drop or two of juice that is visible, that would not come out. I thought since there was two in a kit, even when you buy one, that it could come off rather easily. I guess it will stay on there, unless it breaks. Then I will replace it with the other tube. Thanks for clearing that up for me, Rhapsodies Fire. :oops: I just use my other e cig till my little Reo dries. Gotta say, love how small it is. :)
They are wonderfully small! :) I love mine! You can flush it with hot water or alcohol if that will help ease your mind! No need to concern yourself about damaging anything on the metal REOs. If you have it handy...compressed air really speeds up the drying time :D

BeadyKate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
Eastern WA
Yes WashVap,

I was able to sorta "field strip" my Reo all the way down to just the feeding tube and other parts that do not come out. Then washed all plastic/rubber parts in soap water. Sanitized with a small hand held steam cleaner.

Rhapsodies Fire, My early Christmas present in October was a Provari. Love it. But it is heavy to hold. This little Reo is Awesome. So light, and with a lr boge atty on it, it rocks my socks. :) Easy to clean too.

Nerak, Thanks for the helpful advice. You all are quite helpful on this forum. A bit more than in other parts of ECF. Thanks again.

Maybe later I will put a few pics of this little guy up. Gotta do a few chores around the old homestead first. :)

BeadyKate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
Eastern WA
Here it is. Front and back picks. Newly cleaned, polished, and dried. And man does this Reo vape good! Love the stainless steel ming tip that came with my classy purchase as well. It vapes way better than my plastic drip tips. My Reo Front.jpg My Reo Back.jpg :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread