Status
Not open for further replies.

gel drops

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2011
South Carolina
Taifun GT and the SQ-uape I don't think it will present a problem when it comes to a build on these two I hope,I think the mode of transportation must be by boat! 13 days and counting.Back to the kayfun,when i first top it off I get a cotton taste but it goes away in about 15 to 20 minutes and no I'm not inhaling it those 15 or 20 minutes lol..probably a stupid question but I don't know the answer how does the juice actually get to the wick and coil on the kayfun,I'm assuming it gets there through the two vent holes on the base.

Last edited:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
No, though the air holes are part of the process. The base where the chimney screws on around the build deck has two channels in it... These are the juice channels (your wicking should lay over these). When you draw on your mouth piece, it creates a negative pressure in the chimney (using the venturi principle), drawing the juice up the channels into your wick.
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

gel drops

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2011
South Carolina
No, though the air holes are part of the process. The base where the chimney screws on around the build deck has two channels in it... These are the juice channels (your wicking should lay over these). When you draw on your mouth piece, it creates a negative pressure in the chimney (using the venturi principle), drawing the juice up the channels into your wick.
Ok i appreciate it I was not sure.

gel drops

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2011
South Carolina
I finally got vape mail,The Taifun GT made it still waiting on the SQ-uape.After viewing several videos pertaining to the Taifun my very first build was a success 26g K,3/32 drill bit about 8 wraps i am using OC for wick,.9ohms I love the deck on this one,what surprised me was getting it write the very first time all this work and help is paying off.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
The taifun GT has been extremely challenging for me,I do like it a lot but there is a very tight margin area when your wicking it..
I have heard that, but haven't had any hands on time with that device myself yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3, because I'm too lazy to go to the computer.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
I'll admit I haven't read this entire thread, but it appears you got a few RBAs going. I saw someone recommend the Lemo further back...and I'll second that motion. Just got mine yesterday, and I am loving it. My first true rebuildable. I'm actually using the prebuilt coil that came with it. At 23mm, it has a huge build deck which was a big plus for me. It just looked a lot easier to work in that larger space.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Try for dual coils at .8 ohm with 28 gauge.
I haven't used one, but I've pulled one apart and inspected it. You should have enough airflow to handle that, though it doesn't look to me like there is enough airflow to go much lower. It looks like it will wick fast enough for .8 also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread