I can't find a liquid i LOVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDvon91

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2015
UK, South Yorkshire
Hi Everyone,

I've been vaping full time for about 4 weeks now (12 months on and off) and i cant find a liquid i REALLY like, i find some i can put up with... but cant find my go to liquid.

Everything i try seems to have a certain taste i don't like, i either find the metalicy (funny taste of metal in my mouth) or they leave a funny "sting" on my tongue.

I really like fruity and sweet liquids like bubblegum, energy drink, skittles etc

I was wondering if someone had any recommendations of the best in that kind of category IN YOUR OPINION of course.

I use a stock TECC Vscope mod incase anyone needs to know with the stock Dual wick tank.​

Last edited:

oldmanatc

Jul 24, 2010
Virginia
VG does add a slight sweetness to juices that its in. A lot could be happening. The "funny sting" sounds to me like you may be using too high of a nic level. Especially if you're pushing the power of your device. I would first try and turn down the Wattage/Voltage and see if the sting goes away. If it gets below the power that you find satisfying, decreasing the nic level may be the answer. Also make sure your drip tip is free and clear of any juice. Juice condensates in a drip tip as you vape and you'll have to blow it out every once in a while to keep it clear. Other than that its just a matter of trying as many different juices as you can to find one you love.

BigDvon91

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2015
UK, South Yorkshire
you may be right with the nic levels, ive recently stepped from 1.1% to 1.8% as i found my self using it alot and not feeling satisfied when on my ... break at work! BUT, it seems to me the higher the nic level the less taste you get.

The VG/PG levels... ive looked on my bottles and cant see anywhere that indicates what the mix could be. Ive only ever bought "off the shelf" liquids from a local shop before... what is the most likely mix of those?

Saiyge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
CT
I second the theory that your nicotine level is too high, or your power may be. Also - if the juice tastes good in the shop but not when you get home, that will also support the nicotine theory as the juice in tasters is usually 0. Nicotine has a peppery taste, if that is helpful. :) It is super easy to start dropping your nicotine levels once you break away from cigarettes. (Having too high a nic level in my juice when I first started was a huge part of my problem. Everything tasted awful!)

Now - if it isn't Nic level, and it isn't your power being set too high, it could be the flavors you have been trying in general. For me, I currently am very big on fruits, Smooth Vaporz Fireball. Kind Juice Geisha Moon Song - that sort of thing, and while so many sing the praises of custards, I cant stand any buttery/creamy juices I have tried so far. (That might be the popcorn smell you are detecting, but I'm not sure.)

Also! Sweeteners might have something to do with it! That is what tends to send my palette curling away and trying to escape, as I'm allergic to them.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I am a bit more focused on flavor. I look for samplers that are cheaper than just buying single bottles of juice. Especially if I can choose the flavor and PG/VG ratio.

I started a spreadsheet early on to track purchases and ratings. It really helps me in that I don't buy the same lousy brand/flavor again. My rate of successful flavors where I am will to return and purchase is about 10% :p

As you read posts here you will notice some of the more well-known brands. There are many, many more though.

When I order and the PG/VG level is not listed, I call or e-mail the business and ask. I sometimes have trouble with PG and need to stay closer to 50/50. They always tell me.

Hope helps

whisternefet

Oct 14, 2010
Seattle
I generally go into my local vape shop and try the various liquids. I can tell really quick if I'm going to want to vape something more than once.
Tastes are so subjective that it's hard to say what anyone will like. I've got a bag full of liquids that I ordered as samplers, or bought bottles thinking I'd like it, but never vaped. I give them to friends when they want to try out new stuff.

Let's see... What have I loved over time, and vaped multiple bottles of?

Alice in Vapeland - Mystic Mandalime (Mandarin Orange / Lime)
Ruthless - Swamp Thang (Apple Jolly Rancher)
Jackson Vapor - Tanjello (Tangerine?)
Firebrand - Polar Chill (Peppermint / Menthol)
Vapeoholic - Kryptonite (Lime Soda)
ECV - Big Red (Like the Gum, cinnamon.)

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I totally feel you Dvon, it took me a long, long time to find some flavors that I enjoy. Premade juices are pretty hit and miss with me, so I actually do recommend dipping your toe in the premium water, aside from checking your levels like others have suggested.

On the fruit front- I just couldn't find any that tasted....normal. Everything was too sweet or too candy-fake. But since those might be more too your liking, I'd try some Mount Baker flavors. I was on a big on their Hawk Sauce/Faux Sauce for awhile when I started. 2 shots of extra flavor make them excellent. That might be up your alley.

But if you want to try something more real for fruit- Heather's Heavenly Vapes really does have the best fruit flavors that I've found, since they actually taste like just fruit, but still sweet. I'd highly recommend doing a sampler and trying their Blueberry specifically. I also enjoy their Bah-In a ton (pear and peach combo. I add mild menthol to all of them, and it's pure bliss. It's my highest recommendation of the countless fruit flavors I've tried.

Last edited:

BigDvon91

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2015
UK, South Yorkshire
Guys, Good news i found the one!!!
This weekend i went into my local shop and had a long discussion with the guys there, and was recommended VAMPIRE VAPE, i bought 3 bottles. Bubblegum, heisenberg and pinkman.... and oh boy am i in love!"

I dropped my nic level to 6mg and havent looked back since!

If you like sweet flavours i can highly recommend them!

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I couldn't find any adv's for over a year. Now I have a dozen. I thought I liked fruity and candy. Turns out what I like to vape, isn't what I would normally pick. I vape caramels, butterscotch, creams... I wouldn't eat caramel or butterscotch to save my life, but boy do I like to vape it.

I can not tell you how much juice I bought. Mostly fruits.
I never found a strawberry I could vape and I love strawberry everything to eat.

I love to eat coconut, but don't like to vape it.

I was also afraid to spend money on expensive juice.
Until I did that is.
I like shopping at giant vapes and they have free shipping.

Some favorites of mine are
Cyclops vapor, Artemis
G2 vapor, mr cookie
Kings crown, the Kings throne
Cyclops vapor, colossus
Classified, indulge
Alice in vapeland, twas brillig
Alice in vapeland, duchess de leche
The vapor room, caramel

I also recently switched from tanks and drippers to 510 atties and cartos.
Totally changed the vape game for me as far as flavor goes. And ease of use.
I buy mine from avid, and the aero's are my favorite if you wanted to try one.
Also 510 atties are great for taste testing new juices.

Also, make sure your juice steeps. One week to one month. If I don't like it after a month, i pif it.
Some juices really start to pop after a couple weeks. Some juice will lose flavor even.

Once you figure out the flavors you like to vape.... Not eat.... You will have better luck picking out ejuice.

I know for me I don't like citrus, coconut, chocolate, strawberry, Apple, kiwi, cinnamon, mint, menthol

I do like, cakes, creams, pear, blueberry, blackberry, butterscotch, caramel,

Also nic levels. I like most of my juices at 12, some at 6. 3 mg I never like, and 18 puts a lump in my throat.

I wish you luck on your journey to vape bliss, it took me over a year to find mine, but I finally did.

I

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
It took me a while, but finally found a good 3-4 juices I really enjoy and I rotate them often so I don't get used to them. I found myself liking more minty flavors then anything. My current OMG juice is Hawk Sauce by MBV. Lately I've been trying more premium juices but still resort back to Hawk Sauce as my go-to juice.

It's funny I never had this issue with tobacco. For some reason I never got tired of the tobacco flavor - but I feel sick when I vape a tobacco flavor. Perhaps I get nasty flash backs?

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I read a lot of post with people saying let them steep... is this referring to DIY juice or just shop bought juices?

Any and all juices can require some steeping.. IMO, Synthetic flavors, can need more airing. Problem is with the synthetic flavors, that tend to be alcohol based, can loose flavor via steeping.

Stinging tongue could be due to dehydration. Vaping requires the consumption of MORE water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread