• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I deserve some kind of a medal not just a pat on the back......

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamAurora

ECF Veteran
I have had the most trying, stressful 7 days but still have not reached for a cigarette although I have been sorely tempted. Last Saturday we buried my sister-in-law who passed away of stomach cancer at the age of 55. On Tuesday I found out that I may have cancer (awaiting an appoint. with cancer-care). On Wednesday my b-friend's sister decided she is going to split with her husband of 25 years to run off with the town's casa nova. The whole family is devastated. Today, my b-friend has to take my 21 year cat to the vet to have her put to sleep.
I definitely think I need a medal, I haven't smoked in 3 months. Although, it would be so easy to just reach for a smoke, my willpower is a lot stronger than I thought.
Thanks everyone on this forum for the help on my vaping journey! I have come to rely on you guys with your success stories and the way we all support each other.
:toast:

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Egads! It never rains but it pours, eh? I can't even imagine what kind of stress you must be going through. If I had a medal to send you, it'd already be in the post. Not having a cigarette after all that is just incredible.

As it is, you are in my thoughts, and I am sincerely hoping that what can turn out well for you will. Nobody deserves all that.

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
Wow. You do deserve a medal for being a hero to yourself (and to those affected around you as well). I'm really sorry to hear that you are going through all of that, but glad to be here and to be a part of your support system.

Hugs from rttch

Second that Aurora. Sometimes life isn't fair and the best you can hope for is to be surrounded by friends. Rest assured that the vaping community is behind you, and hopefully your diagonosis is negative :)

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
Wow I thought I had a tough week, after a nasty piece of metal penetrated my foot which became badly infected and the pain was excruciating and I couldn't walk or work all week, and the meds or something made me hate all of my juices and just found out my 20 yr. old beloved cat has cancer and only 1-3 mths to live, but you've certainly topped it by far. Very sorry to hear all the bad news piling up and hope it starts getting sunnier from here on in.

I felt like caving a few times this week, but I didn't. That would have made it all that much worse.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
I have had the most trying, stressful 7 days but still have not reached for a cigarette although I have been sorely tempted. Last Saturday we buried my sister-in-law who passed away of stomach cancer at the age of 55. On Tuesday I found out that I may have cancer (awaiting an appoint. with cancer-care). On Wednesday my b-friend's sister decided she is going to split with her husband of 25 years to run off with the town's casa nova. The whole family is devastated. Today, my b-friend has to take my 21 year cat to the vet to have her put to sleep.
I definitely think I need a medal, I haven't smoked in 3 months. Although, it would be so easy to just reach for a smoke, my willpower is a lot stronger than I thought.
Thanks everyone on this forum for the help on my vaping journey! I have come to rely on you guys with your success stories and the way we all support each other.
:toast:

It seems like when tough times strike, a lot of things happen all at once. Fantastic willpower - good for you!

IamAurora

ECF Veteran
Thanks so, so much everyone for all the positive comments! I can feel so much positive energy radiating from this forum. Yes, when it rains & pours! I know there are still people out there that have it way worse than I do. But today is a brand new day, and I'm gonna try not to take anything for granted from now on.
I keep thinking that bad things usually come in 3's. So 3 definite bad things have happened and the one that's a ?, is going to be a booboo on someone's part.
The only definite thing I know now is that I have definitely quit the smoking habit, which makes me very very happy!!!!
All of you have the most wonderful, beautiful day you can and keep on vapin'!!!

I also have a wonderful support system and I have the most wonderful man in the world, who is my rock. It's just nice to be able to vent to strangers once in awhile (it's like therapy) because my man's family is going through so much of their own grief and turmoil right now.
XOXOXO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread