The Reality of Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnReagan

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
I'm very sorry Sassy. Deeply sorry. Watching someone near you fight cancer can be one of the most heartbreaking things in this life. One doesn't really 'get it' until they or a loved one is going through it. I recall Peter Jennings (famous American ABCNews journalist, anchor) had quit smoking for many years and had taken up the habit again in later years which resulted in his incurable cancer and untimely death.

Then, watching my father go through 10 years of therapy for bladder cancer as a direct result of smoking really took a toll on my nerves. He's still with us and going strong at 77. It really takes a shock to 'wake us up' as it were.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
WHO'S LYING?

The anti-smokers commit flagrant scientific fraud by ignoring more than 50 studies which show that human papillomaviruses cause at least 1/4 of non-small cell lung cancers. Smokers and passive smokers are more likely to have been exposed to this virus for socioeconomic reasons. And the anti-smokers' studies are all based on lifestyle questionnaires, so they're cynically DESIGNED to blame tobacco for all those extra lung cancers that are really caused by HPV. These studies have been freely available to the public for over ten years, but not one member of the public ever bothers to look at anything other than mass media propaganda! That's how they get away with it!

http://www.smokershistory.com/hpvlungc.htm

HPV causes bladder cancer, too.

http://www.smokershistory.com/hpvbladd.htm

And they commit the same type of fraud with every disease they blame on tobacco. The Surgeon General's supposed mechanism of tobacco carcinogenesis is known to be caused by several carcinogenic viruses, and some that aren't. And, all their so-called "independent" reports were ring-led by the same guy, Jonathan M. Samet, including the Surgeon General Reports, the EPA report, the IARC report, and the ASHRAE report, and he's now the chairman of the FDA Committee on Tobacco. He and his politically privileged clique exclude all the REAL scientists from their echo chamber. That's how they make their reports "unanimous!"

http://www.smokershistory.com/SGlies.html

And another thing: The tobacco companies LET the anti-smokers get away with this scientific fraud! They haven't mentioned any virus causing any supposed "smoking-related cancer," or other disease, in any court of law or elsewhere. No, they just let the mass media propaganda machine get away with parroting that "Big Tobacco lied!" "Big Tobacco corrupted science!" and all the rest of that crap. And what do these alleged "lies" consist of? Saying that all the evidence isn't in yet? Well, that's for damn sure! And they're helping the anti-smokers get away with covering it up! Saying that there isn't proof? True again! The anti-smokers' lifestyle questionnaires can't link any particular cancer to any particular carcinogen, or even to smoking in general. In contrast, the research on viruses identifies those viruses in the tumors and the mechanisms they use to cause cancer. Yet that genuinely scientific evidence is never mentioned in court! And this points to only one conclusion: That the tobacco companies were taken over by the anti-smokers, and that they throw those lawsuits on purpose. On that point it's interesting to note that Ed Lasker, the step-son of the head of the American Cancer Society and the most powerful health lobbyist in history, was an old friend of the president of Philip Morris and a director of that company for 20 years. Another fact which the media didn't see fit to share with the public!

Impunity is proof of power, and the fact that the anti-smokers can get away with scientific fraud for decades while using the mass media as their private propaganda machine is proof that they are very, very powerful - probably the most powerful people on earth. So powerful that they can get away with making a complete travesty of our judicial system and totally corrupting our government! So anyone who slavishly parrots that stupid garbage is a certified brainwashed sheep!

And one final parting thought that you should REALLY consider seriously: The anti-smokers can use their fraudulent studies to falsely blame e-cigs for the same diseases they falsely blame on the regular ones. Remember, smokers are more likely to get those viruses for socioeconomic reasons, and they don't lose the viruses just because they take up e-cigs. The anti-smokers' studies are rigged to exploit it!

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Recently, before I started vaping 6 days ago, my buddies mom died of lung cancer. I have always been a little paranoid about being sick (hypochondriac) but nothing like then. I don't even have health insurance so I cannot even go to find out if I am healthy or sick. But, I DID quit smoking COMPLETELY. For the last 6 days. Yesterday and today I'm sick actually (cold going around my house) so I haven't even been vaping. But I know that when I get better, I'll never touch a cigarette. Ever.

Thank you ECF and Liberty Flights

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
Recently, before I started vaping 6 days ago, my buddies mom died of lung cancer. I have always been a little paranoid about being sick (hypochondriac) but nothing like then. I don't even have health insurance so I cannot even go to find out if I am healthy or sick. But, I DID quit smoking COMPLETELY. For the last 6 days. Yesterday and today I'm sick actually (cold going around my house) so I haven't even been vaping. But I know that when I get better, I'll never touch a cigarette. Ever.

Thank you ECF and Liberty Flights

That's some excellent news Levitas. It's the best thing we can do for our health and body. Your family/friends/pets...oh heck...anyone you come in contact with.....will be glad they won't have to smell that nasty "smokers odor".
Keep at it and never look back. Hope ya get to feeling better too.:thumb:

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Here ya go, I'll feed you a bit: Your points are very valid. I've checked them. Your social skills however, are pathetic.

You must mean that your definition of "social skills" excludes anybody who doesn't agree with you. That's how the elites operate. That's how they exclude anybody other than their own little clique and make their reports "unanimous" even though they're bogus. I suggest that YOU need to open up your mind a little. It's not as if I'm intruding into your private messages, this is an open board.

A timely reminder. I'm coming up on a year of being almost entirely smoke-free, and was intending to "reward" myself with a pack of analogs, halfway expecting to love it, halfway expecting to hate it - figured I'd get halfway through the pack and toss it in disgust, but it seemed like a "fun" way to celebrate having quit for a year, kind of a middle-finger-up sorta thing.

This thread has me thinking that I should "reward" myself next week with a new mod, a juice sampler, maybe a handful of cartos (which I never use, keep meaning to try the "good" ones) or the VapeMate.

Hell, maybe all the above, but definitely not another pack of smokes.

SaturnineDenial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree completely with the reality of cancer. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It is extremely difficult to watch someone die from this disease and it is even more difficult to compare the reality that the disease can be caused by a once favored habit.

Three out of my four grandparents died from cancer. They were all two pack a day chain smokers and they never really realized what it was doing to them. Even knowing this, both of my parents continued to smoke until a few years ago. They stopped smoking with patches and it gave them both relief. Though, I do know that it was almost too late for them. Sadly they did influence all of their children to start smoking before they quit. I switched to electronic cigarettes only a few months ago and I have not had much success in convincing my siblings to switch for health's sake. I think that the reality of cancer is truly the only thing that can convince someone to give up a habit such as smoking. Even when our perspectives on our addictions have changed it is still difficult to give up the habit for most of us. I think that electronic cigarettes are the only option available that can truly replace smoking. If the FDA does not completely obliterate its chances of being a viable option. I hope that the PV community continues to grow. There are risks to vaping, but I feel that they greatly outweigh the risks of other alternatives besides quitting cold turkey.

MissKitty47

ECF Veteran
Codex, that would be an awesome idea...get a really, really pretty one, one that makes you feel 'special!' Spend $ on yourself that you normally wouldn't...get a real big ticket item that gets you excited about vaping all over again. Or some accessory you've been denying yourself (as women tend to do). You have kicked ash for so long now...I'm proud of you for making through this young industry along with the hiccups and false starts it's had. Just look at how far you've come!!

OMG: a new meaning for "You've come a long way, Baby!"

LOL, MissKitty - I'm dude, no impulse control whatsoever, and odd taste in avatars obviously. There is a pic of me on my profile, though.

But point taken: I would like something with a little more style than the eGo-T and the black 510s - I'm thinking about the GLV2 or one of the NHaler mods, I particularly like the looks of the "Meucci Mookie", perfect for listening to music and drinking wine at home or taking with to the pool hall, but maybe not the day-to-day "back pocket vape".

LOL on the girlie thing, I use the same avatar and another similar one (same band, different album cover) in political forums, and I'm always getting told off to the tune of "look, Missy..." - ROFLOL.

MissKitty47

ECF Veteran
Too funny, Codex!

I just wanted to come back to this thread and let you all, especially Sassy, know that since it's payday...I checked the account...$ deposited...eGo's and cartos ordered! I got my son a blue one, the daughter pink. I can't wait to give them to my precious babies...ok, 30 & 26, but still my babies! I also told them WHY and they said to say thank you, as well. I hope your friend is still here with us so you can tell her. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

SweetPuff

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
USA
Sassy, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, it is heartbreaking. I believe all of us former smokers have the same thoughts creep through our minds, no matter how much we try to silence them.

Thank you for sharing that with us. My hope is that it will give all of us strength to never turn back to cigs. My prayers are with both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread