I did it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ECF

I want to say hi and thanks to everyone who makes this such a great site.. I'm new here and to the ecig/vaping world.. Guess I'll start with a little history.

I started smoking at 13 and am 36 now. It was always Marlboro red shorts and up to two packs a day.. Well about 2.5 weeks ago a friend gave me a new Ego ecig.. I had never tried one of these and knew nothing about it besides it needed juice.. I headed to the local ecig store looking for juice and directions on how to fill the tank..

I did this just for fun and never planed to quit smoking I loved smoking which brings me to this post today.. I am now 9 days without an analog? Cig you know the one that needs a lighter.. I still carry a lighter lol not sure why..

For those who are trying to quit smoking analog this is how I did it remember I like smoking and didn't plan to quit..

First four days, analog for breakfast, lunch, dinner and when I woke up and went to bed. That's five a day
Day 5-7, analog when I woke up, after dinner and bed time..
Day 8 to today. Only using my ecig!!
I did try an analog on day 10 and was very turned off by the taste and that's the reason I've stayed tobacco free.

thats my short story and I will post more about my journey with leaking tanks and juicy fingers on another post..

Jason

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Congratz Jason and Welcome to the Forum. Here you will find a wealth of information and many very supportive peeps!

Sometimes the information overload can be a little overwhelming, but sit back, read, ask and absorb!

I smoked 1 1/2 PAD for 40+ years and 18 months ago left them behind - it is a liberating feeling, and all the great benefits are pretty good too! ;)

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Good for you! I wanted to quit a lot when I had my first e-cig (Green Smoke) and it worked for me from the first day. That said, I quit just when the Polar Vortex was coming through and no way I was going outside to hit the drugstore for cigs. By the time it was warm enough to go outside I was already hooked on my e-cig/vaping and felt no need for another smoke ever. I have had cravings a couple of times when I've seen folks smoking in some TV show, but when out and about and see/smell folks smoking, I am totally turned off.

Welcome to this forum. Lots of info and great people who can help you with anything. :toast:

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
Aint it a great feeling! I remember being so weary of the ecig when I started. I was like, "there is no way this is going to work." But, yes it did work. I was so elated! I called my mom and told her, " I have not smoked in 2 weeks. I am quite encouraged!" The rest is history, I have to thank the great folk at ECF for all the help.

Thanks for the replies!! I'm really enjoying the whole ecig experience and like the DIY and mod parts a lot.. I think that's one reason quiting is easier for me. I have new toys to keep my simple mind busy..
I am using a vivi nova right now and like it except for the leaky tanks.. I've got two and they both leak but provide a much better smoke then the clearomizer? that came with my ecig..
Jason

Legolas

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
In the slower lower ... Delaware
Thanks for the replies!! I'm really enjoying the whole ecig experience and like the DIY and mod parts a lot.. I think that's one reason quiting is easier for me. I have new toys to keep my simple mind busy..
I am using a vivi nova right now and like it except for the leaky tanks.. I've got two and they both leak but provide a much better Vapor then the clearomizer? that came with my ecig..
Jason

Awesome Jason
I took the liberty to make a change in your post. Take no offense

Say10

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2014
Chicago
Congratulations. I quit on December 31st 2013 at 11:59pm. I bought a kanger set up after trying a coworker's but didn't want to use it till the new year started. I haven't wavered since and I was a pack and a half a day for 23 years (Marlboro Lights)

There are some very knowledgable and quality posters on this site so pay attention and if you continue to vape it'll make it easier and save you money. Although I've now spent more on equipment and juice than I would have on smokes. I've built a nice collection but I feel a million times better and I can't put a price on that.

Keep it up Jason

The Ministry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
I still carry a lighter lol not sure why..

I figure the ability to create fire is awesome, I truly do. I carry a lighter to the day with no other intention of :

1. Survival if The Walking Dead happens

2. Pesky people asking for a light.

Tis a useful thing :)

Congrats on the success, keep it up, you won't know yourself soon health wise! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread