Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Ok so I used a premade coil but still! I managed to coil and wick a limitless rta. I also wicked a tfv4 mini! To be honest I could only get one coil on the limitless but it works. Thank y'all so much for all advice. I thought this was beyond me but now I have hope of double and maybe more builds in the future!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Ok so I used a premade coil but still! I managed to coil and wick a limitless rta. I also wicked a tfv4 mini! To be honest I could only get one coil on the limitless but it works. Thank y'all so much for all advice. I thought this was beyond me but now I have hope of double and maybe more builds in the future!
Nothing wrong with using a premade coil. I use them all the time.

:)

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Nothing wrong with using a premade coil. I use them all the time.

Thanks for saying that. I felt like I hadn't fully accomplished this since I didn't make my own coil. I tried but my attempt was laughable and unusable.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks for saying that. I felt like I hadn't fully accomplished this since I didn't make my own coil. I tried but my attempt was laughable and unusable.
You should have seen some of mine. :facepalm: I did learn tho it doesn't have to look pretty to work correctly.

But I vastly prefer premade. My hands don't always want to cooperate so I just stopped fighting it.

I get most of my premade coils at Fasttech. They are so inexpensive its silly not to buy them.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
That reminds me of a pic I saw recently.

1366a45a70d0109d3c287dbb35520037b8742a0e.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Izan

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Congrats @Anise! LOL, it's all downhill from here. OH how vividly I remember my first build, LOL I don't learn that type of stuff gracefully. So, you used a prebuilt coil. Still AWESOME .I find building coils easier than installing them actually so congrats! You'll just keep gaining confidence as you go, you'll see.

But, congrats, well done, felizidad etc!

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Way to Go Anise !!!

I think you'll find that your 2nd Build takes a lot Less Time and Effort than your 1st. And after about a Month, you will be Cranking Out Builds like it is No Big Deal.

:thumb:

BTW - Something that made Building a lot Easier for Me when I started was to keep all my Building Tools/Stuff in one place.

I use a Big Cigar Box.

It's Nice when you go to do a Build to just pull out the Build Box and Everything you need is Inside of it. Verses spending 5 minutes looking for the Wire Cutters that I think I left on the Desk. And that Pair of Tweezers that were last seen in one of the Bathroom Drawers. And God only knows where that Nice pair of Scissors are that worked so well to cut Cotton.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Congrats @Anise :D

its such a cool feeling using an RTA you have built yourself :)

I did my first build on an RTA last week and it went perfect. Decided to try again and it was a complete fail :D Tried again (aiming for a spaced coil this time) and it went flawlessly.

It was actually a really good learning curve, and a great way of figuring out what not to do - and what works.

There's no rush in wrapping your own coil - getting the coil on the deck, securing it, wicking, and then having it register correctly - plus not leaking are the main things.

I have a coiljig winder - but found wrapping the coil on the jig myself (used ss316 28 gauge) was better. Compared to the rest of the build - that was the easy bit :)

Anise

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    BTW - Something that made Building a lot Easier for Me when I started was to keep all my Building Tools/Stuff in one place.

I use a Big Cigar Box.

It's Nice when you go to do a Build to just pull out the Build Box and Everything you need is Inside of it. Verses spending 5 minutes looking for the Wire Cutters that I think I left on the Desk. And that Pair of Tweezers that were last seen in one of the Bathroom Drawers. And God only knows where that Nice pair of Scissors are that worked so well to cut Cotton.

Thanks y'all!
    I have a box for my tools and another box has prebuilt coils , cotton and another box holds my rbas, rtas and rdas and any other r. I'm usually very disorganized and lose everything. I was determined to be organized this time.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I have a box for my tools and another box has prebuilt coils , cotton and another box holds my rbas and rdas. I'm usually very disorganized and lose everything. I was determined to be organized this time.
    I'm kinda organized too. But, I need to work on it. It's just a little off.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Congrats! I just did my first build a couple weeks ago, never looking back! And I too thank everyone on the forum, whether they know it or not, their advice is the only reason I even attempted it.

How is the vape different from a factory coil?

The flavor, number one. The cost, number two. The Prime is faster, and there’s no guessing is it ready or will I burn that coil? Plus, if you want to change flavors, you’re only out a wad of cotton.

There is a bit of a learning curve with each rta, and I find I need to change out the cotton more frequently than a drop in coil, but the coils themselves last a lot longer. How long? Can’t say, I haven’t had to change any out yet.

But it’s great for me with my super sweet funky coil gunking juices.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Congrats! I just did my first build a couple weeks ago, never looking back! And I too thank everyone on the forum, whether they know it or not, their advice is the only reason I even attempted it.

The flavor, number one. The cost, number two. The Prime is faster, and there’s no guessing is it ready or will I burn that coil? Plus, if you want to change flavors, you’re only out a wad of cotton.

There is a bit of a learning curve with each rta, and I find I need to change out the cotton more frequently than a drop in coil, but the coils themselves last a lot longer. How long? Can’t say, I haven’t had to change any out yet.

But it’s great for me with my super sweet funky coil gunking juices.
    Tx for your response. I know I wasn't being too specific.

I kinda meant just the vape in general. Like, during the course of a factory coils life it changes somewhat. I don't know how or why that happens. One day I'm like "wow, I should change this coil soon", a few hours later "wow, awesome vape!", lol.

I'm an unflavored user tho so maybe my focus is different. I imagine the typical vaper is just focused on flavor output whereas it's very noticeable to me when the vape is drier or wetter or whatever the heck it goes thru, lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread