Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Just don't get discouraged. rta,s can be temperamental. I had one that kept leaking for no reason and I couldn't figure it out. Ended up being elevation change commuting from 4200 feet to 200 feet.
Thank you all for the encouragement. I tried to wick a cloud beast and it was hell. I got it done finally but it just shows I still have a lot to learn.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Tx for your response. I know I wasn't being too specific.

I kinda meant just the vape in general. Like, during the course of a factory coils life it changes somewhat. I don't know how or why that happens. One day I'm like "wow, I should change this coil soon", a few hours later "wow, awesome vape!", lol.

I'm an unflavored user tho so maybe my focus is different. I imagine the typical vaper is just focused on flavor output whereas it's very noticeable to me when the vape is drier or wetter or whatever the heck it goes thru, lol.

I do notice flavor loss before vapor loss, usually. And I know what you mean about factory coils, sometimes get a less than stellar hit, whether it’s not so much flavor or vapor. I don’t find that so obvious with buildables as it is with drop ins. When the cotton in a rebuildable is bad, it’s bad period, that’s been my experience anyway.

The con is, yep, it’s messy and takes a couple minutes to replace. I don’t always feel like it, so I just keep several tanks full and ready all the time, and switch if one goes south on me.

The plus though, is it’s almost free it’s so cheap. I never feel like I gotta pinch pennies and use that $2 coil another day to get my money’s worth out of it lol. I can have a fresh, clean, brand new coil any time I want. It’s kind of luxurious.

Yours would last a lot longer than mine, just because I do use flavor, which ruins the cotton way more quickly. Especially as sweet as I make my juice.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I do notice flavor loss before vapor loss, usually. And I know what you mean about factory coils, sometimes get a less than stellar hit, whether it’s not so much flavor or vapor. I don’t find that so obvious with buildables as it is with drop ins. When the cotton in a rebuildable is bad, it’s bad period, that’s been my experience anyway.

The con is, yep, it’s messy and takes a couple minutes to replace. I don’t always feel like it, so I just keep several tanks full and ready all the time, and switch if one goes south on me.

The plus though, is it’s almost free it’s so cheap. I never feel like I gotta pinch pennies and use that $2 coil another day to get my money’s worth out of it lol. I can have a fresh, clean, brand new coil any time I want. It’s kind of luxurious.

Yours would last a lot longer than mine, just because I do use flavor, which ruins the cotton way more quickly. Especially as sweet as I make my juice.
    Oh yeah, it's a great solution for coil-cloggers. I feel bad for the folks that can't do this and use those eliquids.
    You're right that I've really no reason to use these, I was just wondering if that "Wow, great vape" factor was there for every vape even for folks like me.
    Maybe someday. I don't like messing with things that small and fussy.

Bast wishes on your journey!

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Thanks for saying that. I felt like I hadn't fully accomplished this since I didn't make my own coil. I tried but my attempt was laughable and unusable.
    I use premade and I also make my own - but only single coil simple builds.

this is what I use to make the coils

$2.16 Iwodevape CW-25 2.5mm Wire Coiling Jig Tool - authentic at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

This is what I use to help straighten them as I screw them down plus it has a bunch of sizes so you can also use it to wind your own coils.

$1.52 Vaping Coil Winding Jig Tool for Rebuildable Atomizers - stainless steel / 1.5mm + 2.0mm + 2.5mm + 3.0mm + 3.5mm sections at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Reactions: Anise
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread