I don’t understand…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyAmethyst

Apr 3, 2011
Rifle, CO
I recently had a lady ask me how I could stand using a battery powered cigarette. She had seen me vaping. I tried to explain all of the advantages of “vaping” instead of smoking and she just didn’t seem to get it. Yes she smokes. But she doesn’t want to fool with batteries!

I don’t get it. People “fool” with batteries every day. What about your Camera, Cell Phone, iPod - MP3 Player, Blackberry, Remote Controls for TV/DVD etc… She says “that’s different”. I ask why it’s different and all she says is that it just is! :confused:

Errrr……

LadyA

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
I agree....sounds like they aren't ready to even consider that there might be an effective alternative to smoking. I was that way too...the only reason I did, was because MXBNW did....only it took me 5 months longer to succeed. :)

*edit....actually, I had a conversation with the wife of a recently quit 50yr smoker ....she told me that she thinks vaping is a bad idea and it will lead him back to smoking and therefore won't tell him about vaping. Poor guy has been chewing well over the maximum recommended dose of Nicorrette because he's having a rough time after 3 months....:facepalm: I gave her my card and told her if she ever changes her mind, to let me know. :)

Last edited:

IOU

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Laguna Beach, California
Yes, you can lead a horse to water......
I always say smokers (and I include myself in that group) are some of the best excuse-makers in the world. We are always making excuses for our habit i.e. yes I will quit when _________ __________ __________, fill in the blanks.
I have found that you cannot force smokers to switch. We all know smoking is bad for us. We all know smoking kills, so innately we know we shouldn't smoke and each smoker has to constantly rationalize why we continue to do so. This is called an addiction, but eventually we know we should do something and many times the excuses is just "someday".
I personally think it is enough to just plant a seed in every smoker's psyche (sp?) that there is a very good alternative available and let them do the rest themselves.
Good luck everyone! :)

Nic_Fan

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
You know, I have to admit. When some friends first showed me their Joye 510's and were raving about how it got them off smokes, I was totally uninterested. In fact I thought it was goofy as hell and promptly went out for a Winston. Funny how things turn out though. For me it took someone to buy me one and then I tried it 'cause it was there. Rest is history.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
When I first read about electric cigarettes several years ago I couldn't imagine using one. While I remember reading the article in the newspaper I dismissed it pretty easily not giving it anymore thought other then thinking only wierdos would use something like that. Honestly it just sounded wierd and not something I would ever consider. IF I'd seen someone in person using one I doubt I would have thought any different then I did just reading about it.

Guessing the lady you spoke to had similar thoughts to mine. Who knows, in the future, at some point, she might change her mind just I did.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
In the imortal words of Ron White:

"If your eyesight starts to go bad, you can get Lasik surgery and they can give you 20/20 vision at any age. If your hearing starts to fail, they'll put a little device in your ear that makes you hear as good as when you were born. But let me tell you something folks- you can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take. There's not a class you can go to. Stupid is fo-evah."

LadyAmethyst

Apr 3, 2011
Rifle, CO
Wow TNT, you aren't gonna believe this but my cable guy just left. I just made the switch to a new ISP. :laugh:

There were two guys here doing the installation and I was vaping part of the time. They were both interested so I gave them my opinion of vaping :vapor: but I also told them to come to ECF and do some checking before they bought anything! Oh and of course I put my plug in for my fav device!:p

So ya win some, ya lose some!
LadyA

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
I do have to admit these are more work than regular cigs... some people are just that lazy. I was actually worried hubby would get tired of fussing with it and go back to smoking but so far so good. I was also thought it might be too much fuss for my sister... well they're at least not too much fuss for her to try we'll see how it works out for her. If she converts I see her bringing others with her since she's more social than I am.

silentt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Virginia
I try not to even bring it up at work anymore because everyone is ignorant and smokes over a pack a day of analogs. From day one they didn't want to switch or learn anything about my personal vaporizers. So after a couple months now I just vape away and they smoke away and no questions asked.

edit: i say ignorant because they say the things like " fake cigg ".. etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread