I dont need big clouds, maybe I am weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumukl

May 24, 2014
Morrilton, AR, USA
Hello. I have been vaping for almost 2 months now, and am completely off the stinkies!! Yeah!! Celebration dance! Anyway, I may be weird, but I am not so much concerned with huge amounts of cloud. I have two shops that are about half an hour away from me. Every time I stop in there and ask questions, or look for new juice, they emphasize the equipment that I should buy with a comment about the big clouds I can make. I have been relatively happy with my "disposable" clearos, but did just buy a x.jet spider, since I was told that the flavors would be stronger, and I seem to have a problem with not tasting many flavors. I am fine with the ego batteries I have, and am only looking for a battery that lasts longer, and a clearomizer that gives me lots of flavors. The cloud does not matter to me. Actually, the less cloud, the better. May have something to do with the fact that my DH does not like some of the smells coming from me. He does prefer it over smoking, so he puts up with it. I expect that somebody will point out that I should just get juice high on PG, and the clouds will decrease. Hard to come by. The shops that I can get to dont sell that kind. And I got burned with online shopping, without tasting the flavors. They were either not what they were described as, or they were very weak.
Long rant, point being, am I alone in not needing the big clouds? I kind of like it when I can vape as unobtrusive as possible. :closedeyes:

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
I like a medium cloud. If I get little clouds I'm disappointed, but I don't need them huge. I experimented with lower resistance builds and I had higher resistance builds doing almost the same but I didn't have to deal with the battery drain being so quick. I stuck with clearos and ego bats for almost half a year, I only upgraded because I was intrigued by the kayfun and ProVari.
I still use some clearos every once in a while and they do almost just as good in the cloud department.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I don't care about clouds, either. I'm more into flavor. The people at the shops near me, some don't even know what's in the juice. My advice for you is to seek gear advice here, because there is such a range of ideas. And you may find DIY gets you the juice you want. I never would have thought when I started vaping that I'd be making my own, but I am and I love it. It's much easier than I would have guessed.

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
Not weird at all I started off with just enough vapor to a nice feeling in my chest. That was something I could never get from the cigalikes. I am 3 months into vaping and apparently my lung capacity is much better so I had to use other gear like Drippers and some hot builds to get the vapor to fill my lungs the way I like it. My vapor is considered cloud chasing by many at my local shops, for me though is getting the satisfaction to remain off the analogs. And I will admit I do cloud chase when hanging in the shops.

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
I started with the Cig A Like stuff and was in search of more vapor. Then I got more vapor from Aspire ET tanks then Nautilus then Kayfun.

I am now not a cloud chaser. In fact I still like the vape I get from the Halo G6 batteries and cartomizers.

If you're weird so am I.

I do still use all the gear I bought and yes some produce more clouds than others. But my main reason for vaping is so I done smoke cigarettes anymore.

I'll never buy a Mech, I don't see the point, or a High Wattage device because I don't vape at high watts, 8-11 is fine for me.

mssam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Illinois
You're not weird, it's just the sign of the times. Cloud chasing is where it is at these days, which is why that shop is pushing that nonsense. The balance of VG/PG in an eliquid is a personal choice. It is true that the large clouds will come from a high percentage mix of VG (provided you're not dripping, which you're not). If you don't want that, then opt for a lower percentage of VG. However, you may not be able to do that at the B&M's because they usually sell some sort of premade eliquid that is probably 50/50 or something like that which shouldn't produce too big of a cloud. You could order eliquid online in the future if the shop's eliquid isn't floating your boat. I only use VG because I love the clouds (and PG bothers me), but sometimes vaping eliquid period will cause the eliquid to come through your pores and your cloths. Especially, some of the darker liquids, so I have experienced. I frequently hear "you smell like a vape shop!" It mostly comes from the cloths that I wore to a cloud chasing contest lol. Whatever, the smell of "vape" may be something to be conscious of depending on the circumstances, but not anything to worry about. It a'int like the crappy tobacco so whatever...

dailywalker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Fantastica
Cloud chasing is a fad to me. My son does this but I am happy he is no longer a smoker. I am happy with not smoking myself. I am into flavor mostly. Cloud chasing dont bother me. It just shows that people are putting some kind of thought into things I guess. I see it as some kind of vape journey to keep things more interesting, I suppose. YMMV.

I always ask the hubby (he is a vaper as well) if what I vape offends him. He told me one liquid smelled like burning wood. I mixed two flavors I dont remember what they were. I didn't vape that again for both of our sake.

Vape ON

pumukl

May 24, 2014
Morrilton, AR, USA
I am a juice ..... though.......... I tell you! Oooo look...Pretty bottle. Oooo that one smells yummy....ooooo squirrel! If i dont have 50 bottles all lined up, i panic. What if there is a zombie apocolypse? I will run out. Hahahaha

Well. I guess I am weird and a juice ..... as well! Can't walk into a shop and walk out without a new bottle..... And I so agree on the apocalypse.... screw the gun or the machete. Where is my juice supply??? panic!! Gotta grab the box with the clearomizers. And the bag of ready to vape ones. and the bottles. and the charger.... Oh my.... what are we going to do when the power fails and we can't recharge???????

pumukl

May 24, 2014
Morrilton, AR, USA
Cloud chasing is a fad to me. My son does this but I am happy he is no longer a smoker. I am happy with not smoking myself. I am into flavor mostly. Cloud chasing dont bother me. It just shows that people are putting some kind of thought into things I guess. I see it as some kind of vape journey to keep things more interesting, I suppose. YMMV.

I always ask the hubby (he is a vaper as well) if what I vape offends him. He told me one liquid smelled like burning wood. I mixed two flavors I dont remember what they were. I didn't vape that again for both of our sake.

Vape ON

Mine does not like anything with chocolate in it. He says it smells like ...... SO I just indulge on those when he is not around....

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Springville, Utah, United States
Well. I guess I am weird and a juice ..... as well! Can't walk into a shop and walk out without a new bottle..... And I so agree on the apocalypse.... screw the gun or the machete. Where is my juice supply??? panic!! Gotta grab the box with the clearomizers. And the bag of ready to vape ones. and the bottles. and the charger.... Oh my.... what are we going to do when the power fails and we can't recharge???????
To hell with investing in more gear. I am going to be investing in a solar generator. I'll give you my addres...we can ride it out together. Bring the snacks ;)

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I like just enough vapor and flavor to mimic a ciggie, been smoke free 3 years this way. My mind still thinks I smoke, my lungs have no clue what is happening....it is a psychological game you see. And I am winning!:D .....Moral of this short story, there is no purpose served cloud chasing other than a visual effect.:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread