Status
Not open for further replies.

ctkid57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Pine Bluff
Here was his reply.

Thank you for contacting me about your concerns with the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) authority over the electronic cigarette industry. It's good to hear from you, as always.
As you know, the FDA tried to regulate e-cigarettes as medical devices, but the decision was rejected by a federal appeals court. With the FDA expected to release new regulations for the e-cigarette industry, many are concerned that this new mandate could be an attempt to hold e-cigarettes to the same standards as tobacco, to include taxes and advertising restrictions.
While the purpose of the FDA is significant in the protection and promotion of public health, the power that comes with this responsibility can be abused as the size of government swells. Like you, I am concerned about overreaching regulations put forth across the federal government during the Obama Administration. And, please be assured that I will continue to monitor the FDA's decision as it develops further.
I hope that you will continue to keep me informed of your opinion. A well-functioning representative democracy relies on active, engaged citizens like you to inform and hold their elected leaders accountable.
I'm truly honored to serve as your representative; please know that your interests and affairs have my unceasing attention. As always, feel free to call my office at (202) 225-3772 or visit www.cotton.house.gov.
Sincerely,
AR04_Tom_Cotton_Signature.jpg

Tom Cotton
Member of Congress

Reactions: MacTechVpr

ctkid57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Pine Bluff

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Tom Cotton is a candidate for the Club for Growth (basically pro-growth anti- regulation) and is running for the Senate against Mark Pryor. Not sure if Pryor has ever said anything about ecigarettes. Pryor is considered by some as the most vulnerable Dem in the Senate for the 2014 elections.

Club for Growth // PAC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread