I give up on this site for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Reminds me a lot of the old forum, so it's not so hard for this old phart.

One thing I'd like to see changed after browsing for a few days is move the join date up, and the pretty little buttons down out of sight.

AND ..... way less "achievement" BS in the notifications!!!!!!!!

There ... added a pretty little button in discussed. So now I'm a "Reactor" ... what ever that is ...........

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Reminds me a lot of the old forum, so it's not so hard for this old phart.
    Nice!!! I like the new and improved ECF. There is less clutter. Folks are still working to fine tune everything.

One thing I'd like to see changed after browsing for a few days is move the join date up, and the pretty little buttons down out of sight.
    Please consider heading to this thread and posting that over there. The folks (Alex, Classy and others) working on ECF regularly monitor that thread for issues, problems, suggestions and whatnots (whatever those are). Help can also be found in that thread. Other ECF users are also contributing to user questions.
    Scattered about in that thread are many tips for using the newly improved ECF.

AND ..... way less "achievement" BS in the notifications!!!!!!!!
    You will notice Acheivement alerts dropping off, mine have. Yours likely have slowed down as well. It is normal to see a Flood of Achievement alerts when first logging in and for a little while after. That's the new system catching up with each user as they login and use the new system.

There ... added a pretty little button in discussed. So now I'm a "Reactor" ... what ever that is ...........
    Each member can add up to 3 of their Achievements.

Reactor means you gave one or more Likes ect. to other users posts.

A full list of your Achievements can be found here...

Reactions: DPLongo22

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Each member can add up to 3 of their Achievements.

Reactor means you gave one or more Likes ect. to other users posts.

A full list of your Achievements can be found here...
    That's fine ... but we don't need that crap in our face!
    Put them down in the pop-up ...... and, put the "join date" up where it belongs.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    That's fine ... but we don't need that crap in our face!
    Put them down in the pop-up ...... and, put the "join date" up where it belongs.
    I'm fairly certain those are things that cannot be changed. They are written into the Xenforo software code.

You posted about that in the proper thread. Alex and/or Classy might be able to do something with those. They have the ability to make 'under the hood' changes. I do not.

BTW, what's wrong with the location of the 'Joined' date???
    Screen shot 2022-08-29 at 9.47.31 AM.png

To me, it looks like it's in a Logical place.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I'm fairly certain those are things that cannot be changed. They are written into the Xenforo software code.

You posted about that in the proper thread. Alex and/or Classy might be able to do something with those. They have the ability to make 'under the hood' changes. I do not.

BTW, what's wrong with the location of the 'Joined' date???
    View attachment 979613
    To me, it looks like it's in a Logical place.
    Yes I know, you can "hover" to see it,
    BUT, you should be able to see it at a glance (without hovering)
    Also location should be visible.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Totally agree about removing achievements and level ups from notifications! Personally for me it's just annoying irrelevant clutter. I understand some members enjoy those so it should be a choice. I stumbled on some settings that cleared up some of that for me but honestly can't remember where in my account it was.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Totally agree about removing achievements and level ups from notifications! Personally for me it's just annoying irrelevant clutter. I understand some members enjoy those so it should be a choice. I stumbled on some settings that cleared up some of that for me but honestly can't remember where in my account it was.
    If you go to your account settings, under Preferences, you can scroll down and turn off alerts for all that stuff.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    i disabled the notifications for 'likes' ages ago but have not checked if the same can be done for achievements.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I'm having a rough time adjusting too. I think I just need to spend some time poking around with the settings to see if I can change the layout and colors. Like a lot of you already said, I'll get used to it eventually. Far too much information on here for me to give up completely.
    Wish I came with a quick response response system like. How do I Make a Like or Optimistic flag lol!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    i disabled the notifications for 'likes' ages ago but have not checked if the same can be done for achievements.
    Please please tell me! I’ve never down these medal things before and don’t really care to start now. Yeah I know HUMPTY DUMPTY LOL. But is there a way to just get plain old old again. Spand add as I I get use to them?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    This "update" sucks. The page looks awful and the functionality is awkward.
    I'm not around here very often lately anyways, so I don't want to relearn things that worked more or less flawlessly for me before the update.

If you have issues with forum functionality, are experiencing problems or have suggestions post those here...

...that is the thread the developers monitor and look at in order to address outstanding issues. It also has been serving as a Help thread.

Improvements to ECF continue. There is a list @classwife, the other mods and Alex are working from.

Reactions: DPLongo22
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread