Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I’m really sad about this...
I may have to give up vaping :eek:

My skin is never spot free.
I don’t have dairy, I have green smoothies, I work out, I drink lots of water (like seriously lots), I’ve tried all pg 70/30 60/40 50/50 30/70 20/80 10/90 100% vg. 3mg,6,9,12 and it’s always the same. Flavourless, just tobacco etc...

I’m going to attempt going vape free for a bit and see if they go away. If they don’t, I’ll try something else
If they do :( I’ll have to sell all my gear and try without a vape

Bad times...

Anyone here solved it yet?

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
My skin is never spot free.

I’m going to attempt going...........free for a bit and see if they go away. If they don’t, I’ll try something else
If they do :( I’ll have to sell all my gear and try a life vape free

What kind of "spots" are you talking about? Also, did you leave out a word up there where I've unlined it and put the ...........?

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
No. Just mean vape free. I’ll correct it.
Zits (I think I mean :facepalm:) all over my beautiful face. It’s horrible.

So annoying. Never believed it could be vaping but I’ve tried everything and I’m over 3 yrs in. I’m going to try 100% vg again and no sugar, coffee, gluten etc...
What a miserable life.
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy vaping and so I’ll attempt it. If either way works it won’t exactly be a triumph though :(
It feels like a lose/lose situation.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Do you mean spots on the skin.
Are they itchy.? Do you have psoriasis?
Are the spots watery. Did they come and go or are they always there? Were
they there before you started vaping?

No, none of that, can’t feel them, no skin complaints other than that.
I was fine a while in. Can’t remember how many months but it wasn’t instant.
Now it’s a battle to control and it’s such a grind...

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I try to approach things logically.

What is it about vaping that could cause zits? VG vapor?

You've used 100% VG so you know it's not PG.

VG is often used as a moisturizer. It's used as a base in moisturizer too, and cleansers. It's in a ton of anti-zit products.

Is it more likely it's due to something else? Zits are most often caused by hormones. What are age you? Diet can change hormones. Burning fat can release hormones too.

Anything that can block pores also cause zits. I know if I sweat too much (i.e. work out a lot), I get zits. That plus the increase in testosterone.

What's the logic behind gluten or coffee causing zits? How does gluten cause pore blockage? How does caffeine affect your sabeceous glands?

Are you sure it's due to vaping? Could it not be natural, something hormonal and normal?

I don't understand the link between VG, gluten, or caffeine with how zits are formed.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I suppose that could be the case. However, approaching things in this manner sometime provides more questions as opposed to answers.

I haven’t been to the gym in a couple months but they’re getting worse again.
Had my blood extensively tested 3 weeks ago.
I am not nutrient deficient in anything. My test is average.
My pituitary gland was thought to have suffered shock as a result of a huge knock to the brainbox.
This is why the testing was done. I was convinced this was the reason, it would seem not so.

Regardless. It may be the case that I and I alone have a problem with vaping.
Saying that, a quick look at one of the main acne sites doesn’t agree with that.
There were many who have exactly the same issues.

Either way, vaping might go.
I’m far from an anti vape man. I wouldn’t say it and don’t want it to ‘work’.

It may :cry:

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Why not keep vaping and work with a dermatologist on treatment until you can figure out what "agent" is causing the acne? You may be able to cure everything with a bit of simple treatment, there are plenty of things you can use to stop acne, regardless of the cause. I have meds that give me zits, and a combination of clindamycin lotion and Retin A do the trick. I understand that adult acne sucks, but what I use is pretty non invasive, and far better than trying to get off my meds.

I view vaping as equally important, honestly, as I know I would go back to smoking if I stopped. This is a medical condition, and while cause matters to a degree there are plenty of really reasonable, affordable, and non-invasive treatments out there. I actually think switching to smoking REDUCED my acne if anything. I've had super clear skin the last few months and my wrinkles have faded IMMENSELY. You do feel how you look, as vaping has also made me find the found of youth, generally. LOL.

I'd just hate to see you give up vaping for something that is fairly manageable in most cases. Even if the acne is cystic, I am betting a good dermatologist could help you. Why not work with one a while as you experiment with different vaping "cocktails"????

Anna

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Everyone will think I am crazy but look into the zero-carb carnivore diet. I have been on it since xmas. There is a lot of anectdotal evidence that it helps acne and other skin conditions. Some of the stories I recall about acne in particular were from vegans and or vegetarians that couldn't cure their acne until they cut out all sugar/carbs and plants.

• Informative

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
As an esthetician, albeit not practicing now, I’d say work with a dermatologist and/or esthetician and see if you can get it under control. Whether through rigorous skin care protocols, or medications, or whatever ESPECIALLY if not vaping would mean a return to smoking. Or, if you feel that you could give it all up and be smoke and vape free then by all means do it. Best of luck!

• Agree

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Everyone will think I am crazy but look into the zero-carb carnivore diet. I have been on it since xmas. There is a lot of anectdotal evidence that it helps acne and other skin conditions. Some of the stories I recall about acne in particular were from vegans and or vegetarians that couldn't cure their acne until they cut out all sugar/carbs and plants.

If they're vegan they don't eat meat or animal products. If they also don't eat sugar, carbs, or plants it makes for a pretty restrictive diet.

Do mushrooms count as plants?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
If they're vegan they don't eat meat or animal products. If they also don't eat sugar, carbs, or plants it makes for a pretty restrictive diet.

Do mushrooms count as plants?
i meant vegans that switched to full carnivore were able to get relief from their acne. i.e. they gave up being vegan and switched to a zero carb carnivore diet. Here is someone that went from low carb paleo to zero carb and solved their acne -

You have to click thru the slide pics to open the page and read the caption/story.

• Informative

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Full carnivore??? o_O

heart disease and/or atherosclerosis?
Thank you for your contribution but I would rather have zits in their millions than do that.

I have been vegetarian for over 20 years. Vegan for years after.
In both examples I had carbs aplenty and beautiful skin.

Two things changed. I had a traumatic brain injury (I know, I seem ever so smart and it’s hard to believe but it’s true ;)) and began vaping as I wanted to increase blood circulation to aid in my recovery, which it has.
So, I believe my injury has caused hormonal imbalances which, in turn is largely responsible for vaping causing my spots.
It’s a tricky situation and one that my doctor has tested for and yet it remains unproven.

Last edited:
  • Informative

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I suppose that could be the case. However, approaching things in this manner sometime provides more questions as opposed to answers.

I haven’t been to the gym in a couple months but they’re getting worse again.
Had my blood extensively tested 3 weeks ago.
I am not nutrient deficient in anything. My test is average.
My pituitary gland was thought to have suffered shock as a result of a huge knock to the brainbox.
This is why the testing was done. I was convinced this was the reason, it would seem not so.

Regardless. It may be the case that I and I alone have a problem with vaping.
Saying that, a quick look at one of the main acne sites doesn’t agree with that.
There were many who have exactly the same issues.

Either way, vaping might go.
I’m far from an anti vape man. I wouldn’t say it and don’t want it to ‘work’.

It may :cry:

Late onset puberty, is your voice changing? :D...........:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread