• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I guess it's official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
if you read you will realize that the thread you quoted was a statement issued by the sultan, not the state govt. this one refers to the actual ban by the state govt.

Paiseh, middle of the night already HAHA, but the consensus is that (regardless of sultan or state) Malaysia is going to slowly ban

Raynecloud

Jul 7, 2015
There will always be a way, not gonna be as easy as now. But definitely, u can get the things u need here locally and best of all legally. Just need to put it all together, boom! We're back on track.

Just met one guy at workplace who vapes and gave me some tips how to cook our juice. But of course, no nicotine laa. Doesnt bother me much anyways.

Research will help u find ur answers.

shipunator

Oct 22, 2015
Paiseh, middle of the night already HAHA, but the consensus is that (regardless of sultan or state) Malaysia is going to slowly ban
agreed, i just dont understand why the ban is strictly on JB and not in other states. it's pretty evident that this is a multi million dollar industry and if taxed correctly, everybody stands to gain.

Libertarian101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2014
everywhere
Talk about hypocrisy. They should ban cigarettes as well because this is definitely proven to cause harm. Instead they ban vaping which "may" cause harm but is being labelled as harmful, despite all science to prove it is magnitudes less harmful than ciggies. If they were really concerned, then this would be the best time to ban both smoking and vaping. But we all know that will never happen. Hypocrites I tell you. And like anything that is banned, a black market will ensue. It's basic economics, not even rocket science. Just look at the attempt of the US to ban alcohol during the prohibition. Utter failure. The only successful outcome of the prohibition, if we can call it that, was the rise of the mob, the corruption of the public officials, and the influence of the underworld in government. Hooray. They never learn from history.

Reactions: ezjayy

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
  • Deleted by Epic_Sinner
  • Reason: This can be used as evidence for false claims

lunloon

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2015
because many investors in the industry are "you know la".

And the sultan's article made me feel like it's a measure to prevent some kind of idiots from making idiotic comments (that racial thing).

Health claims are dubious, while whether it makes smokers stop smoking (I stopped, my friend stopped, we stopped smoking) and develop another addiction (please ban sweets if this is the case, and fried chicken, and gaming, and gambling and etc), but culturally it's an issue when young people do it anyhow anywhere regardless (in other words, those who spoil the market by showing off in public, thanks ah), though underage smoking (some in uniform somemore) is still an issue.

lsecretl

Oct 20, 2015
The big tobacco companies actually tried, and fail, the gain a foothold in the vaping industry. Hence now they are probably behind the push for the ban..

When I was in Japan recently, the locals showed me the e-cig version by Philip morries (IQOS - A New Type of Smokeless Cigarette by Phillip Morris | E-Cigarette Reviews and Rankings)

You can have a look, all I can say is... Money drives the safe or not safe. Anyway I tried the iqos in Japan and frankly I don't like it lol.

Reactions: chia

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
When I was in Japan recently, the locals showed me the e-cig version by Philip morries (IQOS - A New Type of Smokeless Cigarette by Phillip Morris | E-Cigarette Reviews and Rankings)

You can have a look, all I can say is... Money drives the safe or not safe. Anyway I tried the iqos in Japan and frankly I don't like it lol.

The players in the vaping industries are mostly small and nimble.. Very adaptive to changes in vapers' preference, and very quick to launch new and updated products. Not so with the tobacco guys. With China companies picking up the pace now with newer and cheaper stuffs, it would be even more difficult for them to be major in the vaping industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread