I have a few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

djwyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Lake Charles La
Ok so I have seen several newbie post and what not asking which kit to buy and a lot of people point them to the RIVA 510 so today I had decided I was going to pull the trigger and try one. However to my dismay I went to the LF website and they seem to be out of stock. Since those are not in stock is there another similarly priced kit 510/ego compatible you guys carry?

Hiryu

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2011
USA
Okay, here's the confusion. Most people will point you to a certain kit they feel is the best for new vapers, and certainly the Riva is a pretty damn nice kit to start with.

However, the bottom line is that there is no such thing as the one kit to rule them all, and a lot of personal preference can go into getting one, even as a new vaper. What you do want, tho, is a certain key features.

1 - A fat battery. By that, I mean any eGo/Riva type device with 600 mAh or more. The mAh (milliamp hours) is a meassure of how big a charge the battery can hold. The higher the mAh, the longer it will operate between recharges, and also the longer the lifespan of the battery will be. (most are rated for a minimum lifespan of 300 charge cycles)

2 - An easy to use atomization device. The king in ease of use is the tank atomizer, so any new vaper should, IMHO, start with those. Cartomizers are not that hard to use, mind you, but they take more fiddling and some mechanical inclination.

3 - Make sure it is a 510/eGo or 901/808-D device. Why? because eventually you WILL want to try other atties, cartos and tanks. In fact, you will have to. Atomizers of any kind are semi disposable, and whatever atties your first kit comes with will need to be replaced around the 2 month mark. This means you want something that will be compatible with most atomizers and cartos in the market, not just a kit that is only compatible with its own parts.

So, in other words, I would recommend you get any other 510/eGo fat battery kit currently available in LF. Personally, I am gearing up to buying a Firefly tank kit soon, since I have been hearing great things about it. :)

Hiryu

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2011
USA
I personally would have gone with the tank kit, but the dual coil cartos are very nice too and a lot of vapers swear by them. Downside is that they use a lot more juice and battery charge, but they vape like a beast. Or so I hear. :p

And as we said before, since it is a 510/eGo device, you can easily get something else to burn your juice if you don't like the cartos, or use whatever you already had on your current 510 kit. Overall, I think you made a good choice. :)

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Okay, here's the confusion. Most people will point you to a certain kit they feel is the best for new vapers, and certainly the Riva is a pretty damn nice kit to start with.

However, the bottom line is that there is no such thing as the one kit to rule them all, and a lot of personal preference can go into getting one, even as a new vaper. What you do want, tho, is a certain key features.

1 - A fat battery. By that, I mean any eGo/Riva type device with 600 mAh or more. The mAh (milliamp hours) is a meassure of how big a charge the battery can hold. The higher the mAh, the longer it will operate between recharges, and also the longer the lifespan of the battery will be. (most are rated for a minimum lifespan of 300 charge cycles)

2 - An easy to use atomization device. The king in ease of use is the tank atomizer, so any new vaper should, IMHO, start with those. Cartomizers are not that hard to use, mind you, but they take more fiddling and some mechanical inclination.

3 - Make sure it is a 510/eGo or 901/808-D device. Why? because eventually you WILL want to try other atties, cartos and tanks. In fact, you will have to. Atomizers of any kind are semi disposable, and whatever atties your first kit comes with will need to be replaced around the 2 month mark. This means you want something that will be compatible with most atomizers and cartos in the market, not just a kit that is only compatible with its own parts.

So, in other words, I would recommend you get any other 510/eGo fat battery kit currently available in LF. Personally, I am gearing up to buying a Firefly tank kit soon, since I have been hearing great things about it. :)

Thanks! I couldn't have said it better.

I am a carto guy, and tend to recommend carto kits. But your logic behind tank atties is sound. Both the Firefly 510-T and Carto Deluxe are great kits, and worthy of recommendation. I have regular FF 510 atties in stock, including LR, but still have to get an order in for the FF 510-T atties/tanks. These are some of the best I've tried. They are every bit as enjoyable as the Gold LF 510-T atties we carry, but more affordable ;) But as mentioned earlier, The Firefly has a 510/ego thread, so you're pretty well set to try anything you like. The 510 clearomizers are nice, if you don't mind fiddling with them from time to time. And I really love the DCT's! I use a single coil 2.0 carto in them, at 3.7v. For any of the other DCT/SCT cartos, I recommend higher voltages, like 4.5-5v+ for best performance.

Cheers,
Ty

djwyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Lake Charles La
well my mail man just delivered my mail...IT IS IN :D I must say I am impressed with it. I opened up the white envelope to find this rather nice looking black carrying case with your guys logo on the metal piece. I unzipped it to find my 2 batts with the cones on them, 5 cartos, usb charger. first thing I did is take one of the batteries out of the plastic to play with it a few seconds and see the lights and stuff then stuck it on the charger. Then I opened up a carto and filled it with some juice That I have had steeping for about a week now and then I just had to try it so I stuck my freshly filled carto on to the other battery fired it up and well I guess I had no idea what I was missing when it comes to ego style batts and LR cartos cause wow I like it. I also LOVE the look and feel of these firefly batteries.

djwyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Lake Charles La
To update I figure I will give my impressions after the first 24hrs with this kit. Battery life is Awesome. It is almost time to charge battery 2 after vaping pretty heavy since I got these suckers. My only 2 complaints and they are small ones are that I wish the threads for the cones would have been a little cleaner as they seem to be just a little buggered but not bad. and the button jiggles around a bit on one of them. neither of those issues bother me that much. Over all I love the kit and the fact that they were cheaper than a Joyetech kit but with neater features makes it that much better.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
hey pal. you want an adapter with 420-500mA output. Any of the EGO/Riva style adapters will work fine.

Thanks for the thoughts on the device too. Usually the threads are really good. Though, every now and again we get some that aren't so clean. They should loosen up pretty soon. You could put a dab of noalox or vaseline on their too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread