I have been gone a few years, things have changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SueandCootie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2009
south central Mass
Very good advice.

The MVP2 is around for $40 now and is HUGE bang for the buck, if disposable income is a concern and/or if you want something you can take with you camping, hiking, the beach, etc. without having to worry about taking care of a $200+ device. I have one that I take when I go backpacking in the mountains. It's very nice, not to have to worry about whether or not I will lose it.

Of course the other nice thing bout takin the MVP out in nature is that if you bring your charging supplies for your phone/gps etc. you can use it as a backup charger/power source. Nice in case of emergency...

+1 for MVP2. Then start drooling over mechs. Then get every rda... The slope is just as slippery as it was in the cig alike days. Oh, I need an 801, a 901, ohhhh what is this? A 510... Then the eGo happened. It's been a glorious ride the last 6 years.

As far as advice goes- find a local shop with plenty of juice options available. The easier it is to refill and change up the better your chances are.

Welcome back!

Burn_notice_fan_NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ithaca, NY, USA
My favorite setup was a ProVari with a Kanger Aero Tank until my LED quit working on my ProVari and it started frying all my juice! So now my favorite setup is a MVP 2.0 Shine with a Kanger Aero Tank. The MVP Shine has the best taste around and even almost beat my ProVari in taste comparision.

Can I use this as my profile sig?!?!:lol:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I couldn't remember everything if you paid me!... :)

Yes, there were "mechanicals" that weren't strictly mech for sure... I can't remember what the first strictly mech was; it was another American company like Provape.

With all the modding going on I'll bet there were plenty of mechanical devices around before a company started selling them. I still have some Fluval and teabags in my vape box. People are very creative. Can you imagine the first person who ate an artichoke?

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
With all the modding going on I'll bet there were plenty of mechanical devices around before a company started selling them. I still have some Fluval and teabags in my vape box. People are very creative. Can you imagine the first person was who ate an artichoke?

wasn't the Legacy a real mech? i think so... still is afaik

KerryK

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2012
Madtown, WI
yeah i'm back from way back when also! back with the original 510 and black carto's, that was all we had. it didn't stick the first time back then, but this time around i dove in head first and got the MVP2 with some Aspire BDC's and T3s, 70/30, 24mg juice and i've been 'free' for about 7 months, no cheating.
just ordered the MVP2 Energy in 'Oak' and it will be here Saturday, with some new Peach juice in tomorrow. Got the MVP from World of Vapes for $48 shipped, with 2 16s tanks and the juice on a recommendation from VaporBeast.

I do think the MVP2 is the best thing going in vv/vw for ME. got all my tanks color coded to flavor, just grab and go and not worrying about battery change etc.

man, back in the day, we were happier than a pig in ________when they invented a passthrough for a 510!!! and blue aquarium foam!

I loved my V2 passthru, 5v all day long! I was sad when it died...

But this is still my fav, my first mod....pulled the wicking out of the tip an dripped...or used the 901 carts..

Attachments

• DSE905v4.jpg
    DSE905v4.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Welcome back! I'm a relative newcomer with a bit over a year and am amazed when I look at the progression of e's through the years. Such a grand use of technology. I'm lucky we have this forum and did a bunch of research early on so I didn't end up with a drawer full of un-used stuff (and I HAD to be successful with stopping smoking). All my goodies are US made (except for batteries and cartomizers) and I've been completely satisfied. That said, whatever you choose is a-ok if it keeps you smoke-free! I'm also glad that Forum folks reminded me to have back-ups for my back-ups. Great advice! Cigs are available one very corner but not so when it comes to personal vaporizers :)
Enjoy your journey!

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
Vaping years is like dog years; seriously, so much has happened and its seems to me the last year got progressively more hard to keep up with new things: some really new and lots just twists on already developed gear.

So much so that I could hardly know what to recommend you....sorry, what follows is just a whirl in my head:

I started in late '09 and remember seeing a youtube by someone, a regular here at the time titled, "the evolution of vaping" or something, chronicaling and demonstrating things starting with cigalikes and thru the "mods" of that time. Haha, it reminds me of the evolution of rock bands from the '60s and into the 80's... just can't keep up. I've tried but just found what really works for me and here i'll stay (mechs and subohms w/ drip-tank style atomizers.

hmmm; my recollections of things i've tried more or less:
2009 - cigalike - ego, silver bullet, conventional atomizers; 510, 306, 901, and cartomizers...
Bottom Feeding: Reo metal w/LR atomizers, Phidias Woodimus,
2010- provari, darwin VV, VW
HH357 atomizers, Carto tanks,
-Genesis atomizers, RBA's
2011 (?) sub ohms Genesis *wireless Mechanical Tube devices, the Kick VW insertable.
GG Odyseus, Penelope, Ithaka sort of drip/tank
2012 (?) RDA drippers, and Drip/tanks

So now more DNA chip VW devices coming out, and Mechanical devices are hot today

Hmm, drawing a blank about the timing of the onset of strictly mechanical devices like Provape, and a few other American made tubes... and when came the European, Greek mech's... too many to name and they are pretty much blown up to include Asia (Pinoy, Malaysia, with tons of models still coming out all the time...

holy cow, someone help with what people are starting with these days!

I can say that when I started in 09 that Imeo had already had a few mods out. I picked up a few and stopped smoking in two day. I have a carto/tank or avs after a bit of atomizer use and it seemed like a dream.
I was so happy with my stuff I didn't really check out things here much for awhile.
I started with mechnicals and years later I still have mechanicals. Nothing against VW at all.
To me the big changes are rebuilding and attys.
The bottom part is the pretty part we lust after but the guts are above it.
Glad you are back

Hijack

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
Bournemouth, U.K
Backstory:

I joined 4 years ago today, made some attempts at quitting analogs, but it never stuck. I dug out my eGo twist couple weeks ago, grabbed a couple Vivi Novas and juice bottles from a nearby store, and quit analogs 12 days ago. I didn't pressure myself, just gave it an honest shot. The first day was moderately tough, but it has been surprisingly easy since.

It seems the technology and juices have really improved from scanning the forum tonight. I have a lot of reading to do! Anyone want to throw out a favorite juice or device? That can give me a pretty "modernized" quick list for study so I can get back up to speed. Glad to be back, and thanks!

Good to see your trying again.

I use my local vape shop to get my juices they make there own brand Le Grande and have have over 50 to choose from, so you can try before you buy, and ive found about 10 so far that I like so far.
Not sure what sort of list you are after reading or watching?
Try taking a look here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShPX44-EC3HtvKohu3Ws4A
or here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcTfQohClxDpYDBCnuS1azQ
and here is a basic written guide I have
The Basics For Vapers | Spinfuel eMagazine
You can also find a lot of good stuff in the Tutorials section on this forum.
Happy researching.

+ MPV 2 best place to go if your moving up from the eGo
check it out on indoorsmokers

Last edited:
Ok, I have done a lot of reading. I ended up buying Zmax V5 with a Nautilus tank. A friend has one and raves about it, so figured I would give it a try. I searched juice threads and ordered samples from Halo, High Brow, and 5 Pawns. The eGo C Twist with Vivi Nova is working fine though, no smokes for about 17 days. I like new toys though, and always want to see if the grass is greener lol. I really enjoyed the info everyone posted, it definitely gave me directions to pursue. I am sure within a month I will have a couple more toys too, the MVP looks cool, and Provari has quite the following!

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Favorite devices so far are an MVP2 and an Anyvape mini Davide tank. And Alien Visions Boba' Bounty is the best flavor I've tried.

I used to love my Davide Mini! I still have it, but I don't use it much anymore .. thumbs up on Boba's too, I just filled up my Taifun with some, yum!

@OP, welcome back and best of luck to you! I can relate to how you are feeling, I returned to ECF about 8 months ago after a 1yr hiatus, and I was blown away by how much EVERYTHING vape related had changed during that time. I actually loved that there was so much to catch up on at the time, so hopefully you will too. :)

I received the Zmax, Nautilus, batteries, halo/5 pawns juice today. WOW! This Zmax hits like a beast and looks fantastic in Gunmetal finish. I think the hype on Nautilus for taste is spot on, tried a few other tankos/clearos whatever they are called I had sitting around and the Nautilus delivers a better taste. The air flow adjustment is quite nice too. I am hitting some late night Halo Belgian Cocoa and loving it!

novamatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Washington, DC area
Sounds like you made some good decisions, and that gunmetal finish is really sleek. Make sure you have extra coils for the Nautilus on hand - it's one of the best clearos out there with a fresh coil, but they seem to go downhill a little more quickly than some of the other ones out there. What wattage are you vaping at?

Sacredgrooves

May 8, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Just as an update, I am still going strong and no cigs since April 26th. Halo, 5 Pawns, and a few others have been wonderful for me. Zero urge to smoke a cig since about the 3rd day, and really no significant urge since finishing day 1. I have saved about $75 after factoring in purchasing vaping items. That total should go up drastically now that I have what I need. Thanks again for the awesome advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread