I have to stop buying clearos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Every few months a new clearo is released and the new rage sets in. I was going through my pouch today and I couldn't help but laugh at the amount of clearos (and heads) I have going right now!

T3 (the king of clearos to me... Still haven't tried the new heads, I have old heads that are going strong!)
Vapeonly BCC (actually I have 2, one is a spare)
fast tech T4 (These are actually what I would have liked the eVod to be, uses the same heads but you can add your own driptip)
dBox Puritank (again, I switched these from Protank I, I hated how they vaped. The Puritank uses either eVod or Protank heads and has much better head contact).

On the mail a generic Protank 2 from fasttech and a Davide with Aspire heads. Fact is that my plastics last me a long time. The toughest runner were the FT T4 that came apart several times and all I had to do was press the bottom ring back on when it came apart. And vapes like crazy. Not like my 3 Protanks that came apart, and no, it's not the juice, otherwise the other clearos would also be in problems.

How many clearos do you have? Do you use them all the time?

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
I have a T3S, Evod, Protank 1, Dbox dude, 2 iclear 16's, and a MT3S. I alternate between my T3S, Evod, and Dbox dude quite frequently, I keep my tank cracker (absinthe) loaded up in my protank which I switch too off and on. I use my iclear's every day for when I'm out and about. I don't think you can ever have too many clearo's if you like them then it never hurts to have extras.

neos

May 21, 2013
oakbank
I have a stash of MT3 BCC (3 units, 3 spare coils), unknown Kanger T4's, unused Mini Vivi Nova. I agree when you find something you enjoy, settle in on it, something new always comes out. But after 2 tanks on each MT3, and every 2 tanks on the T4, I clean them. I just get really hot water in a plastic container with lid, insert, shake, repeat for a total of 3 times. I cannot seem to kill any. Even the disposable T4's.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I have (oboy):

1 x HyperTank
2 x ProTank1
2 T3 Minis, and 2 more unopened, new S-bases for each
1 MT3S
2 EVODs, 1 unopened
1 ProTankMini
1 ProTankMini 1.5's (from the week when the PTM2 came with a fixed drip tip)
2 unopened ProTank2's
2 unopened ProTankMini2's

So...that's 10 in rotation, 7 ready in backup.
But wait...10 tops, but I only have 9 batteries. I guess I DO need to buy a ProVari.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I have (oboy):

1 x HyperTank
2 x ProTank1
2 T3 Minis, and 2 more unopened, new S-bases for each
1 MT3S
2 EVODs, 1 unopened
1 ProTankMini
1 ProTankMini 1.5's (from the week when the PTM2 came with a fixed drip tip)
2 unopened ProTank2's
2 unopened ProTankMini2's

So...that's 10 in rotation, 7 ready in backup.
But wait...10 tops, but I only have 9 batteries. I guess I DO need to buy a ProVari.

And that right there folks is the PERFECT example of vapors logic! If you have a spare topper...gotta have something under it! :D

Just make sure you tell your significant other that you HAD to buy it...because it was on sale! :p

AWESOME!

Ramjet

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
USA
joekittock.blogspot.com
Yah, I have the same problem. Iclear16 heads arriving on the slow boat. Sure beats having a collection of all this though Matches-collection-1024x768.jpg
Not a whole lot more expensive either:facepalm:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I have a dozen... EVODs, T3s minis, iSmoka minis and Joye Ego CCs. The first three types sit in the backup drawer except for one iSmoka and that's only because I'm short one Ego CC for my ADVs. Unless Joye, or some other brand, comes out with some improvement (which I can't imagine) on the Ego CC, they're all I'll be using.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
I find what works for me and sell the rest on the classies.

Right now I have about 15 Evods, 1 PT II, 4 original PTs, 6 iClear 16s, and 2 iClear 30s (I like the warmer vape when its cool out.) I'm also hanging onto this Tatroe - not sure why, I don't use it. If I had to choose a desert island clearo (that sounds weird) it would have to be the ole reliable Evods. My protanks are sometimes sketchy and I can't find the common denominator.

I have used and then sold CE4s, Davide, Mini-Davides, and Puritank. None of these worked well for me.

I do the same with Mods - I have 3 eVics, 2 Easy Heads, 4 eGos, and 1 iTaste VV/VW. I've sold my MVP, K100, and Vamo. No need for a Provari here, I'm hooked on eVics.

Selling what I don't want on the classies really helps me justify paying for what I know works for me.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Oooh. Which Tatroe?
I've been looking at those...
:)

I find what works for me and sell the rest on the classies.

Right now I have about 15 Evods, 1 PT II, 4 original PTs, 6 iClear 16s, and 2 iClear 30s (I like the warmer vape when its cool out.) I'm also hanging onto this Tatroe - not sure why, I don't use it. If I had to choose a desert island clearo (that sounds weird) it would have to be the ole reliable Evods. My protanks are sometimes sketchy and I can't find the common denominator.

I have used and then sold CE4s, Davide, Mini-Davides, and Puritank. None of these worked well for me.

I do the same with Mods - I have 3 eVics, 2 Easy Heads, 4 eGos, and 1 iTaste VV/VW. I've sold my MVP, K100, and Vamo. No need for a Provari here, I'm hooked on eVics.

Selling what I don't want on the classies really helps me justify paying for what I know works for me.

SAG

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
STL
Well I can relate to this! I have in daily rotation:
2 T3S
1 PT v1.5
2 PT v2
1 iclear30 which will probably be retired when the coil goes.
1 mini PT2

I'm not going to open the cabinet to see how many boxes of spare coils are in there!
I'm not going to open the cabinet to see how many boxes and wrappers of extra PT2, PTmini2, evods,T3S are in there either!:blink:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Where to begin? K... leaks... none. Air holes are at the top so no opening at all at the threading for leaks to happen. Gurgles... none. No air tube for juice to get in. Draw... perfect for me. No airiness like the others or very little. Its been a while but if I recall right the EVOD was very airy and the T3s mini a little less but still pretty airy. I got a taste I didn't like from the EVOD ProTank heads. No bad taste with the Joye Type A atty either LR or SR. I think its all in the wick though. I also had one heck of a time viewing the juice level in the EVODs especially which comes closest to looking like an Ego CC. With no air tube running down the middle and a good sized window that's not a problem in the Ego CC. They're much easier to fill too without that tube in the middle. Aesthetically, I think its pretty classy looking. Hmmm, anything else? Yeh, price. It seems pricey considering the Type A atties but, so far, they're lasting at least three times longer than the ProTank or T3 heads. That's without cleaning but they're really easy to clean. My juices are clear and run from beige to rust color and my atties are still going strong at about 3 months. There might be two small draw backs but not for me. They're a bit longer than minis at least so take getting used to visually and the silver tip they come with is heavy. There's a black whistle tip thrown in with some kits also but I don't like those either so I just use other lighter drip tips. That's another feature I like. I can use my other drip tips on them. That's all I can think of right now... will come back if I remember anything else. Oh, they only come in black or silver if that's important. With my colored batts, I just use silver and match my tip to the batt... looks good.

Edit: knew it.... the type As are easy to rebuild... easiest I would say. Also, I use the Eroll out and about so the attys work in both. No more buying different stuff to suit whatever.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Where to begin? K... leaks... none. Air holes are at the top so no opening at all at the threading for leaks to happen. Gurgles... none. No air tube for juice to get in. Draw... perfect for me. No airiness like the others or very little. Its been a while but if I recall right the EVOD was very airy and the T3s mini a little less but still pretty airy. I got a taste I didn't like from the EVOD ProTank heads. No bad taste with the Joye Type A atty either LR or SR. I think its all in the wick though. I also had one heck of a time viewing the juice level in the EVODs especially which comes closest to looking like an Ego CC. With no air tube running down the middle and a good sized window that's not a problem in the Ego CC. They're much easier to fill too without that tube in the middle. Aesthetically, I think its pretty classy looking. Hmmm, anything else? Yeh, price. It seems pricey considering the Type A atties but, so far, they're lasting at least three times longer than the ProTank or T3 heads. That's without cleaning but they're really easy to clean. My juices are clear and run from beige to rust color and my atties are still going strong at about 3 months. There might be two small draw backs but not for me. They're a bit longer than minis at least so take getting used to visually and the silver tip they come with is heavy. There's a black whistle tip thrown in with some kits also but I don't like those either so I just use other lighter drip tips. That's another feature I like. I can use my other drip tips on them. That's all I can think of right now... will come back if I remember anything else. Oh, they only come in black or silver if that's important. With my colored batts, I just use silver and match my tip to the batt... looks good.

Edit: knew it.... the type As are easy to rebuild... easiest I would say. Also, I use the Eroll out and about so the attys work in both. No more buying different stuff to suit whatever.

Thank you for the indepth response!

I was JUSt going to say that the joyetech atties were so good, and bring up the eRoll, but then you added that, too. :toast:

There was another topic here somewhere about since joyetech raised prices, a few people said that consumers have "moved on" and all sorts of nonsense like that Joyetech only had a few products now.

My thought was that Joyetech ALWAYS seems to build thoughtful welll manufactured products. Heck, my genuine twists are 18 months old and still going. :) try that with a clone....already had a clone blow up one of my kitchen outlets, and one that won't turn off now :lol:

ANyway, thanks I think I might like one of these. Have no problem being dependent on Type A atties....they are a dream and very well made and give a great vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread