I Is Te Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergis7

Quitter
Jul 13, 2012
USA
Greetings!

I got a "Clean Electronic Cigarette" at a gas station on a whim a few months ago.

I liked the idea of "vaping" as you guys say, but damn those things sure didn't give much vapor, and burned through their tiny cartridges quick. Good enough to pique my curiosity about ecigs, but probably not the toppest notch brand.

A couple weeks ago I got a "Never Light Again" kit- it uses cartomizers you can refill a few times.

Waaaaaaaaaay better! You seem to get a pretty solid pull from them, and the batteries and carts last way longer.
Got a bottle of Tobacco flavored juice too. Seems like refilling works much better if you use a cart for a bit then add a drop before it runs out. Waiting till it's dry just makes it taste charred.

Anyway, now I'm here and not certain the NLA e-cig is the way to go either. Seems to work well, but my only frame
of reference I had was the Clean model. One of my co-workers has this thing that looks like a screwdriver, he just drops liquid in the top and MAN does that thing give you a big pull. Holy smokes, literally.

Is anyone who's been vaping awhile familiar with the NLA line?

Like the thread title says, I is te noob - any feeback on what rocks and what blows would be appreciated.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
hi and welcome to ECF,

First off congrats on making the switch. Sounds like your co-worker is dripping, that is one of the juice delivery systems a lot of people like.

I don't know the NLA name, tho would bet from what you have said its one of the cig looking e-cigs, if it is then there are much better choices out there depending on what you want, the size you are comfortable with and your price range.

synergis7

Quitter
Jul 13, 2012
USA
hi and welcome to ECF,

First off congrats on making the switch. Sounds like your co-worker is dripping, that is one of the juice delivery systems a lot of people like.

I don't know the NLA name, tho would bet from what you have said its one of the cig looking e-cigs, if it is then there are much better choices out there depending on what you want, the size you are comfortable with and your price range.

Thanks Nancy! Nice to meet you.

I'm still not sure if I want to stray from the aesthetic of the ecig - the more like an actual cigarette (in every possible way) it is the better at this early stage :) The NLA brand is nice cuz the smoke shop down the road carries a ton of stuff for them, they've got the carts a bit cheaper then the NLA site sells them for too.

What's the ecig of choice around here. Something refillable, reliable, hopefully a long lasting battery?

Thanks!

Edit: here's a pic of the one I'm using:

IMG_0311.jpg

Last edited:

Smoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Reno, NV
Best thing to do is read as much as you can on this forum and dig into YouTube a bit for reviews.

I was ultra nood just a few weeks ago and have done a lot of learning from just those two sources, and still don't feel like I know what I'm talking about at times.
But one thing is, figure out what you want, what you want to spend and ask questions (or search the forum as many have been covered)
I started on a cheap gas station e-cig 2 years or so ago and damn near melted it trying to get a good vape...gave up.
just recently found out about the ego-t and got one...wanted more and now have a vtube and couldn't be happier.
I still use the ego all the time and love it so for me cant go wrong starting there....

synergis7

Quitter
Jul 13, 2012
USA
Best thing to do is read as much as you can on this forum and dig into YouTube a bit for reviews.

I was ultra nood just a few weeks ago and have done a lot of learning from just those two sources, and still don't feel like I know what I'm talking about at times.
But one thing is, figure out what you want, what you want to spend and ask questions (or search the forum as many have been covered)
I started on a cheap gas station e-cig 2 years or so ago and damn near melted it trying to get a good vape...gave up.
just recently found out about the ego-t and got one...wanted more and now have a vtube and couldn't be happier.
I still use the ego all the time and love it so for me cant go wrong starting there....

Thanks for the info, starting to sound like the Ego-T is a great start.

LOL @ the gas station ecig. Same thing with the "Clean" one I found at a gas station. Tough to get a good draw, really inconsistent and I usually ended up with a mouthful of juice after a couple minutes of trying to get a hit :)

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Hello, welcome to ECF.

I have a biased opinion on PV's, not enough experience to give you a solid answer. People will most likely mention ego twist/C/T or the Kgo line for starter kits.

Whichever you choose, the beauty with these things is that your old kit will always be around, no need to completely change over. Feeling nostalgic? Top 'er up an be nostalgic! It can get pricey trying new things, don't buy bulk till you're comfortable with what you have. Most of the big big vapes are coming from variable voltage and/or dripping, and from what I can see they don't make em cig size. Needs bigger batteries for that output, or they'd run out of power quick-like.

Saying that, if what you are using is working, no need to switch any time soon. The important thing is you're not smoking, and if that means using NLA then so be it.

By the way, topping up a carto before it dries is recommended to keep them running in tip top shape, that burnt taste is not something you want to be tasting and can reduce the carto life.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
eGo-T or Riva batteries and a box of Boge 2 ohm cartomizers is a good start. You can buy a kit that contains two batteries, a charger, and a number of Boge Cartos from several sources.

There are also many good 510 thread ecigs with replaceable batteries like the E-power.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...173596-e-power-ego-like-ecig-1050mah-why.html

You might want to take a look at all the mods available. Click "Browse by Feature" to see all and be able to pick the features you want.

Best e-Cig Mod List | e-Cig Mods Database

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Well if you want a cig style e-cig, then you might check out volt, I have never used them but they are suggested often for new people.

If you do decide to go with an ego-T I highly suggest you look at a stardust or another type of cartomizer or clearomizer. I am one of many many people who have the ego-T and hate their tank system. they leak, they mute the flavor, and you have to be very careful how you draw from them.

But as Recidivus said if what you are using is working then no need to change yet.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
I forgot to mention, if there's any vape meets in your neck of the woods I'd suggest checking them out. It'll give you a chance to see (and possibly try out) other hardware without having to drop coin on it.

Other than that, for semi-future proofing you'll want to look for 510 threaded batteries, most aftermarket bits are made for 510's.

Last edited:

kinghorna

Jul 12, 2012
South UK
I would guess that the NLA you have is below 200 Mah
If you HAVE to stick to NLA the O.V.I.S. is like the Ego but I would get an ego from somewhere else (not sure where as I'm in the UK) and get some cartomisers (I always use boge, but a lot of people also like Kanger) and a bottle of juice.
The LR (low resistance) cartomisers pack a massive punch. The 510 fit Ego batteries
You could also get an ego twist (simple variable voltage and well worth the money) and use normal cartomisers

Josh Pierce

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Avondale,Az
www.tecuniverse.com
I agree with some of the previous posts. Reading through the forums here will teach so much. I've only been here a few days and already have more than trippled my knowledge on e-cigs. I personally started with the Joye 510-T which wasn't too bad for a new vaper. The starter kit ran me about $60. I had a few things I didn't like but those were mostly due to my lack of knowledge lol. I managed to kill both batteries by using too much juice etc. I'm waiting on my new LavaTube now (Thanks to one of the members here) and I've spent the last couple days reading up on it etc. I've learned so far that you can never do too much reading when it comes to this stuff.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield

Hey Smoot, noticed you were in Reno Nevada. I lived there for about 18 months between 2007-2008 right next to Rattle Snake Mountain; which is more or less a HILL.

I still stop by and visit Reno about four or five times a year. Do you know of any shops in Reno that carry a good array of eCigs?

We got our spectrum of Tobacco and Novelty shops here in Bakersfield but selection and knowledge on this matter is far from adequate...

Thanks

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Thanks Nancy! Nice to meet you.

I'm still not sure if I want to stray from the aesthetic of the ecig - the more like an actual cigarette (in every possible way) it is the better at this early stage :) The NLA brand is nice cuz the smoke shop down the road carries a ton of stuff for them, they've got the carts a bit cheaper then the NLA site sells them for too.

What's the ecig of choice around here. Something refillable, reliable, hopefully a long lasting battery?

Thanks!

Edit: here's a pic of the one I'm using:

View attachment 116548

If you are looking to stay with something that looks and feels like a cigarette, take a look at the volt from smokeless image. They are the most recommended mini here.

The volt batteries last between 2-4 hours. The cartos can be refilled several times and don't burn as easy as others. (mine lasted about a month each) The are very reasonably priced and have good promos and deals. YOURVOLT00 will get you 15% off. The customer service is second to none and they ship very fast. Every order I have placed has been at my door in 2-3 days.

They also have a promo in their forum that if you post a pic of yourself with your volt, they will send you a free battery, bottle of juice or pack of cartos.
If you want someone larger, like the size of a sharpie, get a kgo, not an ego. The kgo gives more power than an ego (3.7v vs. 3.3v)

Here is a video that demonstrates the volt line. It also shows the x2 battery which is the same as a kgo so you can get an idea of the difference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELM4QhceR7o&feature

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Smoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Reno, NV
Hey Smoot, noticed you were in Reno Nevada. I lived there for about 18 months between 2007-2008 right next to Rattle Snake Mountain; which is more or less a HILL.

I still stop by and visit Reno about four or five times a year. Do you know of any shops in Reno that carry a good array of eCigs?

We got our spectrum of Tobacco and Novelty shops here in Bakersfield but selection and knowledge on this matter is far from adequate...

Thanks

Yeah. myPVshop.com. aka Sierra Smoke Shop. They are in Sparks on Glendale Ave.
They have quite a selection of just about all you need. Not huge but just big enough.
They are very helpful and knowledgeable!!!! That's where I got my start.....

Last edited:

synergis7

Quitter
Jul 13, 2012
USA
Thanks for all of the tips!

I haven't had an analog in about 45 minutes, we'll see how it goes.

Yeah, the NLA has a refillable cartomizer, seems to work well. I've got a couple packs of carts and a bottle of tobacco high juice. It's a little sweet for me, but works ok. Once I've used what I have I will look at the EgoT or Volt, maybe a clearomizer. I'm a nicotine junky, so it's be reassuring to be able to see the juice level :)

Pitchel

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 15, 2012
Kirov
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
You could do so much better, save so much money, and get so much more satisfaction by not buying the ones from gas stations, and the odd brands from some smokeshops. With just a little bit of advanced planning (make sure you keep up adequate supplies and backups), they really aren't that much more convenient than the ones you have to order. And the selection and quality would be so much better. I know that part of the smoking mentality is to be able to run out to a convenience store and pick stuff up, but you'd be missing out on so much better stuff. So get over it, and move up to some real gear! :laugh::lol:

But seriously, that size would work if you moved up to a better quality, more reliable brand...like the one I use. The batteries stay charged longer, the cartos are more dependable - they just work all the time! And the flavors you can order from a ton of vendors online are phenomenal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread