• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I just found something I really liked!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
I have been vaging since the first of October and have been reading a lot on ECF. I've been smoke free for just over a month and am really enjoying vaping and DIY.
What I just found was this thread. I was just looking around on ECF and came across something that said it was a group for "Friends Of Bill W". I knew that I had heard something like that somewhere. Maybe it was at a meeting of some kind. Maybe it was at one of the first 90 meetings that I went to in the first 90 days of my new life. Yes, that is where I heard that before.
I might not be making to much sense right now. I am kind of excited about this find. I have already told my vaping friends about this thread and subscribed to it also. ECF is a great forum and I have really found a lot of help on here. Now that I found this thread I know there is even more help if I need it. I know this program works and it has kept me sober for quite a few years now. Maybe with ECF and this thread I can stay smoke free also.
I'm like a little kid right now, just waiting to here from some of you that are in the program.

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
A new life indeed! Congrats on being smoke free as well, enjoy your time here. I have found that there are some really funny people on this forum.

Thanks for the quick reply millerb.
I'm glad to here that there are some funny people on here. One of my biggest concerns about quitting drinking was how was I going to have any fun now. I sure didn't have to worry about that. Sobriety has it's ups and downs, but I have found I can still have fun and a more fulfilling fun at that. I don't know how to explain that, but I have a feeling that you will understand if you have been sober for a while.
I also wanted to add that I have subscribed to this thread and will get an email when someone answers here. If anyone needs to talk, just say so and I'll get back to you as soon as I get the email.
I said I liked fun and here I'm getting serious. Ok lets try something. We all know the old drunk jokes or old farmer jokes or whatever. I have yet to here any jokes about vaping. Are there any? I'm going to go to the new member thread and find out if there are. What did the smoker say to the vapor? Give it your best shot!!!!!

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
Hello all, just had a friend point me in the way of this forum group. Any friend of Bill W. is a friend of mine. Nice to meet you all, except no brag... Not quite sure what to think of him. Anyhow I am going to subscribe to this thread also as it seems like there might be some like minded people here.
What do you mean "except no brag" ? Must have something to do with your location. Something happens to people who live "south of 40"

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
What do you mean "except no brag" ? Must have something to do with your location. Something happens to people who live "south of 40"

I didn't understand this reference either. Struck me as very rude, but I thought maybe it was some kind of inside joke, like you know the person or something?

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
I didn't understand this reference either. Struck me as very rude, but I thought maybe it was some kind of inside joke, like you know the person or something?

MsOceanCity, You"re right, we do know each other. We go to the same home group. When I found this group I told him about it(might have been a big mistake HA HA) You have to forgive him, he's from south of 40(Kansas)

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
Yes MsOceanCity, it is all good. If brownbear hadn't said it first I would have said it about him. Its people like him that keep me coming back to meetings. I hope he doesn't read this cause I know it would go to his head and then I couldn't bear to be around him for awhile. Be careful to not get between us or you might get in on the teasing also. We both feel that being sober has to be fun or its not worth it. You should be at some of our meetings. You wouldn't believe all of the laughter and fun we have.(that is till someone has a problem, then you wouldn't believe how serious the meeting gets.) I owe my life to these meetings and the people there. I'm sure you know what I mean.
Oh, another thing, brownbear is the one that got me started vaping. Now theres another thing I owe him for. Now I really hope he doesn't read this.
Ah, I get it. It's all good then:)

brownbear

Aug 30, 2010
Kansas
Too late already read it, Now I have to buy new hats. And no brag is absolutely right, I didn't know how I was going to have fun and enjoy life when I quit drinking. Turns out these were the exact same kind of people that I spent countless hours in a bar with. They had just found a new direction for theirs lives, and to quote one of our senior members, "The laughter, the kindness, and the love, that's why I come". Don't worry I won't go into the old man upstairs.

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
I thought you were supposed to be working. Thanks for not getting into the last part of what you said. What do you think, eGo or Riva? I've been trying to figure that out all day.(I am on a day of vacation) I don't know if I want to go that way or just get some lr attys and stay with the box mod.
Too late already read it, Now I have to buy new hats. And no brag is absolutely right, I didn't know how I was going to have fun and enjoy life when I quit drinking. Turns out these were the exact same kind of people that I spent countless hours in a bar with. They had just found a new direction for theirs lives, and to quote one of our senior members, "The laughter, the kindness, and the love, that's why I come". Don't worry I won't go into the old man upstairs.

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
You guys are great! So glad to have you both here:) Don't know if I'd ever get the opportunity to get to any meetings out your way. Too bad cuz they sound fun! I do get out of New Jersey a few times a year and get to go to meetings in Key Largo Florida:) Talk about a serene scene! Folks down there call it "Gods waiting room":)

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
One of my favorite things is to go to a meeting have never been to before. I went to one a year ago that is just 40 miles from home. When I walked in I new everyone there from other meeting places. They still gave me a first time at their meeting chip. If you ever get in the area stop in.
You guys are great! So glad to have you both here:) Don't know if I'd ever get the opportunity to get to any meetings out your way. Too bad cuz they sound fun! I do get out of New Jersey a few times a year and get to go to meetings in Key Largo Florida:) Talk about a serene scene! Folks down there call it "Gods waiting room":)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread