I just received my Halo G6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeNice81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
NC
This is my first vaping set up. However, I have a few friends that use various e-cigarettes. That is the basis for a comparison statement I make below. I will update this when I get a chance to vape with it. Right now I am still charging my first battery. I will update this when I get a chance to use it.

The Equipment
Halo G6
1 Automatic Battery Midnight Blue
1 Manual Battery Midnight Blue
5 Blank Cartomizers (titanium)
1 USB Charger
1 Wall Charger

When I ripped open the box it looked like everything had been on a wild ride. However, I felt confident everything was fine. The blank carts were bubble wrapped even though they are in a plastic box. The bottle of HX3 was in a bubble wrap baggie. Plus the tin had foam rubber inside to keep everything in place.

Speaking of the sampler tin. The first thing I did was unwrap my HX3, pop out the center piece of the foam rubber, and insert the HX3. The tin is an awesome little caddy for storage and steeping. Which is what my juices are doing, kinda. I popped all the tops off and stuck the whole lot of them up on a high shelf.

When I opened the mailing box I was struck with a rubbery/chemical smell. It turns out the smell was coming from the G6 presentation box. The smell reminds me of when I brought my first guitar amp home and opened the box. It isn't a pleasant smell. However, the good news is the aroma will fade over time. The box is awesome though. The cut outs are the perfect size, it has a very nice appearance, and a good weight. It feels like quality and it looks good enough to leave laying on the table. It is discreet and classic.

I was pleasantly surprised by the batteries. The pictures on the website do not capture the quality of the finish. I ordered midnight blue. To me it is closer to a cobalt blue. The interesting thing is, when the light hits it a certain way there is a strong purple or indigo hue that comes out around the curves. Nobody is going to mistake this for a V2 or a Mistic. Again it is classy and understated. The whole kit has a feeling of refinement that I found highly surprising.

I tried to get a whiff of the vapors, but the smell from the box was a bit over powering. The one that cut through the odor was Midnight Apple. It smells spicy and masculine but has a tart apple over tone. The name definitely fits the smell. I was thinking HX3 would be the first juice I tried out. Nope, Midnight apple will be first. If it tastes as good as it smells, I am in serious, serious trouble. If it tastes as good as it smells this could get more expensive than cigarettes.

MikeNice81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
NC
I just wanted to update this.

I put the G6 manual battery through it's paces today. It held out for thirteen hours and almost two cartomizers. I was impressed by how well it held out. The down side was that after about nine hours it wasn't getting quite hot enough to fully activate the flavor. My Midnight Apple went from tasting like spiced apples. It was more like tobacco with the smell of incense. Overall I was satisfied. I've known several people that couldn't get nine hours out of their batteries on V2s and Blu systems.

MikeNice81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
NC
Actually it was a number of reviews from around the internet and the ability to get a manual battery as well. It was also a bit of ignorance on my part. I knew nothing about vaping and all of the options out there. I just wanted something to help me stop smoking and that would fit in my pocket at work.

If I had it to do over, I would start with a 650mah eGo or Evod battery and a couple of small 1.5ml tanks. The Halo system didn't hold up to the hype. I had to send one of my wife's batteries back.and my charger completely crapped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread