I just wrecked my ce4. Need help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atom427

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
Hello everyone, this is my first post. Sadly it is about an issue that has really wrecked my vaping experience. I ordered several flavors of juice from the same site. I realized after the fact that a ce4 could have issues doe to chemical reaction from some fluids. I messaged the site and they gave me a rather vague description of what juices to keep away from with plastic. After trying a few flavors through my ce4 i realized it was foggy and when i opened it up i could tell that juice had eaten away at the plastic. Now all i have to use until my new pyrex tank arrives is a "smok ego mega dual coil cartomizer." It is black and appears to be made of metal.

I need to know if all my flavors will be safe through this carto because it has to last me until my tank arrives. I also need to know if my new smoktech pyrex tank have issues with these juices. Is there any difference between metal and pyrex tanks other than pyrex being easier to break?
Thank you to all who take the time to read and respond to this.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
And also get some more backups. It might not be the juice next time, you could drop, sit on it, lose it, or have it stolen, or it could just gunk up and you've got nothing to fix it with or you're away from home.

If I didn't have at least three our four front line devices I'd feel naked. Then there's the backups for the backups - a draw full of stuff I don't use any more.

Same with batteries and other devices...

atom427

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
thank you for your posts. dragger, i have faith that my new pyrex tank will work much better. I'm afraid to ask what health issues could occur from the chemical reaction i was vaping. I wish i had seen that link sooner addic. It may have saved me some trouble. I intend to use only pyrex or metal from now on just to be safe.

I recently switched to a ProTank from my CE4 clearo because I was having drip tip issues & didn't want to worry about the juices I was buying - especially the mixes that sometimes are ambiguous in their flavoring labels. I still keep a few disposable clearos around as back-ups; as fabricator4 said, you never know what might happen. Good luck!

atom427

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
And also get some more backups. It might not be the juice next time, you could drop, sit on it, lose it, or have it stolen, or it could just gunk up and you've got nothing to fix it with or you're away from home.

If I didn't have at least three our four front line devices I'd feel naked. Then there's the backups for the backups - a draw full of stuff I don't use any more.

Same with batteries and other devices...

i have 10 boge carts on the way as backups. I will also order a metal vivi tank soon unless i find something i like more (open to suggestions but price does matter) i have also ordered an ego twist to see if variable voltage is something i like. I would have ordered 2 but funds are limited and i already have 2 ego-k's. Would it be ok to pre-fill a few cartos and leave them in my car In case i'm not at home and run out?

DlyDragger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
Zeeland, MI
thank you for your posts. dragger, i have faith that my new pyrex tank will work much better. I'm afraid to ask what health issues could occur from the chemical reaction i was vaping. I wish i had seen that link sooner addic. It may have saved me some trouble. I intend to use only pyrex or metal from now on just to be safe.

Here's a good explanation of what happened:
» Why Do Some E-liquids Crack Plastic Tanks?

atom427

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
You could get the Aro and some replacement heads. They are pyrex glass and won't react with your juices.

this does look like a good deal. they pyrex tank i have on the way is the vivi by smoktech. i might order one of these anyhow since it is bottom coil which i intended to check out at some point. I have wick and wire on the way as well so i should be able to rebuild the head with a little patience and practice.

Last edited:

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
i have 10 boge carts on the way as backups. I will also order a metal vivi tank soon unless i find something i like more (open to suggestions but price does matter) i have also ordered an ego twist to see if variable voltage is something i like. I would have ordered 2 but funds are limited and i already have 2 ego-k's. Would it be ok to pre-fill a few cartos and leave them in my car In case i'm not at home and run out?

I like protanks. The new protank 2 is great but you could possibly get the original Kanger Protank pretty cheap now. Bottom coil devices like these (also TS3, Evod etc) work very well but they are not for everyone. Fasttech have cheap Evod clones ($3) you could try but the tank is plastic. Protank is quartz glass.

As far as keeping spare filled cartos in the car: Theoretically the shelf life might be up to a year, but a car is a hot environment. I'd expect the VG and nicotine to react with each other when subjected to heat, especially cycling temperature changes. It might be better to keep your spares in a place where the temperature is more livable and constant.

atom427

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
Just about any smoke shop that has ecigs and pipes will have CE4 tanks you can pick up for a few bucks. I find they're about $6-$8 around here verses about $3 to $4 online.
Can always have a backup ready or for various juice flavors you like.

unfortunately from what i can tell the nearest smoke shop is quite a drive for me. i live in a small town so it's much easier for me to purchase online. almost cheaper with the price of gas these days as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread