Status
Not open for further replies.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Been "vaping" off an on for a few years with "Blu". They didn't replace cigs for me...just used them in places where I couldn't smoke. A few weeks ago, a family member turned me onto the Ego-T with the CE4 clearomizer tank. Totally switched to vaping...no more cigs, so yay.

I'm looking for a heavy duty low maintenance tank. While the CE4's are convenient and easy to fill, I am slowly realizing that their good performance is short lived, and that I cannot even use all liquids in these plastic tanks. So, with the suggestion of a family member, I purchased a Kanger mini pro tank. Made of pyrex glass.

Some questions if anyone can help me:

1) Will this fit onto my Ego-T or will I need to buy a special adapter for it?
2) If I regularly replace the coils, how long will this tank last me? Forever???
3) How/what is the best way to clean it? Just rinse with water and replace the coils?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer these questions and give me some advice. :confused:

Bkag

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The mini protank should fit on there without any adaptor. The tank should last you forever and as far as the coils by cleaning them regularly they should last a while, once they are burned out (usually the wick is the weakest link) you can either replace them or rebuild them. Rebuilding them is my personal preference because they can be built to suit your tastes and liquids. To clean it i use warm water to rinse everything well, remove the seals and them soak the metal parts in vodka, dry everything off and you're ready to go!

Kat9229

Aug 20, 2013
Pahoa, HI, USA
I just switched to the ce5 and i am more for it coming from a cartomizer type of tank which i hated, it would spit juice at me and die so quick and it was nearly impossible to clean. Now i am looking for something more durable for a long haul type of deal because if my ecig breaks i have no backup god bless my husband the day that happens. I am thinking about the kanger type styles and the mini is probably what i would like, let me know how it goes.

kkanix

Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
Athens, Greece
After a month with the mini I can tell for sure that is the one I will carry on using for a long long time. Loose draw indeed but you will get used to it, easy to clean and the most important it is durable! I was affraid of the pyrex glass but up to now it had dropped off my hands four times and not a scratch. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do! My only issue is that I have not found any e-shop to buy replacement o-rings, as these are the only parts that will need replacement at some point of time in the future.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
I just switched to the ce5 and i am more for it coming from a cartomizer type of tank which i hated, it would spit juice at me and die so quick and it was nearly impossible to clean. Now i am looking for something more durable for a long haul type of deal because if my ecig breaks i have no backup god bless my husband the day that happens. I am thinking about the kanger type styles and the mini is probably what i would like, let me know how it goes.

Hey Kat,
My mini was taking forever to get here, so I found a vape store near where I work and bought the original pro tank. The next day I received my Pro Tank Mini in the mail. Here are my thoughts.

1) Pro Tank: This thing is a beast. Can hold days worth of juice. Will never fill it up all the way because I like to switch juices often. Has a loose draw to it, however, produces good flavor and vapor. Got used to the looser draw very quickly after only a few hours. Is sturdy and super easy to clean. Can easily switch flavors after rinsing coil and tank with warm water. Love it!

2) Pro Tank Mini: If you are used to using a CE4, the pro tank mini is a great choice for an upgrade. Very slim, although much smaller than original Pro Tank. That is fine for me, however. Cleans just as easily. Also...has a much tighter draw than the original pro tank. Exactly what I was looking for in a new clearomizer.

Both of these tanks came with 2 coils. I bought an extra pack of 5 coils just in case. I found them for pretty cheap at a place online called Vapor Fusion. About $1.60 each. If you buy 5 or more you get a discount. I've read that coils can last up to two weeks depending on how much you vape, and what flavors you use. Darker colored flavors tend to wear things down more quickly. I've read though that some coils only last a few days. I've only been using these for 2 1/2 days now so I cannot tell. But mine is doing fine so far with no problems.

If you are going to stick with vaping, I would highly recommend these. However, I am relatively new at this, so take this for what it's worth. I am hard to please, though, so my standards are quite high. :)

I am going to buy an extra Pro Tank Mini. Always have back ups for your backups. Then I can relax and only worry about buying juice when I need it. I spent too much money trying to figure this thing out with clearomizers and what not.

So happy about these glass tanks, though. I was starting to doubt the whole vaping experience and go back to cigs. This really made a difference to me.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
How much liquid does it hold?

According to the box it came in..."Fill with 1.0ml to 2.5ml of liquid....DO NOT OVERFILL...."
I've always stayed at ~2.5...but it LOOKS like it could hold a bit more;the manufacturer MAY be erring on the side of caution for those who are apt to be a tad overzealous in their filling habits....!!!;)

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I use my big Protanks at home on a eVic. I use my Minis on eGo batteries when I'm at work or out and about. I especially like the Mini Protanks or eVods on the eGo mini battery with a low resistance coil, It's a great setup to stick in your pocket. The Smok 350mah battery is a pretty nice piece that maintains consistent voltage for several hours.

gangstafish

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2013
BethPage Long Island New York
After a month with the mini I can tell for sure that is the one I will carry on using for a long long time. Loose draw indeed but you will get used to it, easy to clean and the most important it is durable! I was affraid of the pyrex glass but up to now it had dropped off my hands four times and not a scratch. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do! My only issue is that I have not found any e-shop to buy replacement o-rings, as these are the only parts that will need replacement at some point of time in the future.
someone mentioned using rubber bands from braces.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Tank will last you until the day you misplace or Drop it. GLASS

The pro tanks are very thick pyrex. I've dropped my PT1 at LEAST 15 times....and everything is still in tact, 100%, and not a soul in the world would be able to tell I've ever dropped it.

These things arent made cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread