I kill batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Well, the life cycle is suppose to be 300 full charges. So, if your supernatural powers to kill batteries don't manifest themselves, you should have a year of happy vapor to look forward to.

I know that after my AW IMR 18650-1600mAh batteries were still going great at 6 months I started looking for a good price on the newer 2000mAh versions and then got a pair. But my 1600's are still going strong.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Wow, you have me beat tree. (The IMR's have been the only battery I have managed to get to last.) You're only vaping a little over 8 Watts and are well below the battery's and the PV's upper limits.

Have you tried hitting the reset on the battery bay after the battery in that bay is charged? How quickly does that bay's green light come back?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
OK, you'll need a Q-tip and some alcohol. I'll bet if you clean the battery contact in the ProVari that your charge life will come back. Go ahead and clean the battery terminals and the spring while you're at it, but the one at the top may be getting dirty and giving you the effect you're seeing.

(This has happened to me. Wasn't quite as big a drop as you've had, but I was changing out batteries every 6 hours before I discovered the black stuff on the contact inside the tube.)

Last edited:

NaturesEncore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Chicago
momsfortress.com
My grandfather was Electrically/Magnetically sensitive. At least that's what his doctors called it. He couldn't wear any kind of metal jewelry, whether pure or not. Any metal touching his skin would instantly turn his skin green, and would cause his heart rate to go up.

Any electronics near within 5 feet or so of him would act up in one way or another. It was strange. All of the smoke detectors in his house had the covers popped off and batteries removed. My grandmother was sick of changing the batteries daily.

I remember when I was a child, I just received an analog watch for my birthday. It was a wind-up style . . . no batteries. He asked me if I wanted to go back in time. Then, he held my hand, just below my new watch, and I witnessed the hands slowly turning backwards. In a matter of seconds, the hands went back at least five minutes. I thought he was magic!

He used to brag that he was never late for work. If he was a few minutes late, he would just give the supervisor a long, firm hand shake, long enough to turn his watch hands back a few minutes. lol

tree

Mar 9, 2012
usa
Update, still using same 4 18650's with ProVari but down to about 2 hour run time. Bought and charged up 4 more just in time recieved my Touchwoods today. The touchwoods are unbelievable and the best part is, Ian was able to use red oak I sent him that I picked up over twenty years ago and had made in to butcher block top a few years ago. Had this block left and it's nice I was able to use it.

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
Update, still using same 4 18650's with ProVari but down to about 2 hour run time. Bought and charged up 4 more just in time recieved my Touchwoods today. The touchwoods are unbelievable and the best part is, Ian was able to use red oak I sent him that I picked up over twenty years ago and had made in to butcher block top a few years ago. Had this block left and it's nice I was able to use it.

I love the Touchwoods,work great . But I'm afraid I'll run the batteries to low. Testing the AW IMR 18650's in Provari once in awhile but just guessing on the 18350's. What kink of battery tester do I need?

This is perplexing... The AW IMRs have a service life of about 500 cycles, give or take. That means after 500 full cycles, it should have 80% capacity. If they are dying this quickly, the normal answer is that the batteries are probably being overcharged or overdischarged. But you have a Provari and a Pila and AW IMRs...all of which are the best of the best...AND you are using them correctly. I am stumped. A cheap multimeter may be beneficial to measure the voltage fresh off the Pila and ensure the Provari is accurate, but chances are they will be dead on. I got my pocket multimeter for like 10 bucks.

Do you by chance live in an area with unusual weather? The AW's tend to lose some capacity at hotter and colder temps. Even then, the are durable batteries and with the correct care you give them, it shouldnt be an issue.

Are your 18350s the AW IMR? You may have better luck using the AW P provided the Touchwood can accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread