I made videos for newbies! In particular, broke newbies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Hello hello. I've just thrown together some videos for newbies about the basics. It's aimed towards the newbie on a budget. A bit rough, but I think they got the job more or less done, with everything you need to know to get started, on the cheap. Hope you like them!

They start *very* basic, and get more detailed as you go along.

Video 1 is about kits, extra stuff you may need, and cost.

Video 2 is about buying your first juices - nic strength, flavors, PG/VG, and cost.

Video 3 is about DIY e-juice.

Video 4 is all about the care and feeding of the Joye 510.

Video 5 is all about the care and feeding of the Kr808D-1.

Video 6 is tips and tricks and miscellaneous stuff I forgot in the other videos. :)

Links referred to are listed below their respective videos.

What kit to buy, what it should cost, extras you may need:

Kr808D-1 and 510 kits:
Electro-Nic-Stix the best electronic cigarette in the usa

Coupon codes:
Electronic Cigarette Coupon Code Master List - Electronic Cigarette Forum

Dig my pass-thru? It comes from CigNot:
Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store.

Buying your first juices:

Los of tobacco "brand" flavor e-juices:
My Freedom Smokes Inc.

FreedomSmokeUSA is awesome:
FreedomSmokeUSA

Coupon codes:
Electronic Cigarette Coupon Code Master List - Electronic Cigarette Forum

DIY juice tutorial:

ECF's Flavor Guide:
Guide to DIY Flavor

Juice Calculator:
eJuice Recipe Calculator

MyFreedomSmokes
My Freedom Smokes Inc.

One Stop DIY Shop:
One Stop DIY Shop

Care and feeding of the 510:

Cozzicon's atty cleaning video:
YouTube - E-Cigarette Atomizer Maintenance

Care and feeding of the Kr8:

Cozzicon's atty cleaning video:
YouTube - E-Cigarette Atomizer Maintenance

Tips and tricks:

Orthodontic rubber bands
Home page

That's it for now folks! Hope it was helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
I'm not broke or a newbie and I REALLY enjoyed your videos. Good job! :toast:

+1 on what Houdini said, although I am a newbie. I think the video would have filled in some blanks for me when my first package came in and I started putting things together. It's not rocket science but it sure helps to actually see the simple stuff you will take for granted after a while.

Plus there's that whole short and to the point aspect of doing a video like that. It sort of forces you to cover the important stuff without too many sidetracks. For example, when I try to write instructions on something I end up going back through and adding more detail and ending up with an epic.Then I end end up going back through deleting a lot of extra stuff that's just not that important to cover in one article.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Wow, wow, wow. Those are sooo great, Mistress! Good job. That is exactly what the newbies need. Also, I'm looking forward to one about DIY.....I haven't tried that yet, but have some unflavored nic juice on the way, and have a big bottle of VG waiting, so I'm going to get there. Where do you buy your DIY flavors?

Last edited:

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
Thanks so much everyone! Glad it's helpful. :)

I actually did have to re-do the first vid twice, because I kept getting into too many details, heh. Tried to just keep it at the 101 level. I will do more in-depth videos at some point soon.

An idea. How to vape properly. After vaping now for close to 2 weeks, I finally got it right today from the primer at the ecf library. The videos on youtube aren't as clear as I think you can demonstrate it.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I had just put a request in to the forum for how to videos and you are an answer to us newbies....wish they would take them and put them up top with sticky so every newbie will see them off the bat....GREAT job! YOU ROCK!

So glad! I tried to put myself back in newbie shoes for the vids (not that I've been vaping long - I'm still kind of a newbie to a degree).

Well, stand by. There's more to come. :)

floridamale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
The one thing a person new to vaping needs to understand is that for about the cost of what they will spend in 2 weeks smoking (not taking about states where smokes cost $6.00 + a pack) they can get really set up well with an e-cig. The other thing to know is how great a pass-through is, they extend your battery life, and can be used at any PC or while driving with an adapter, and vaping at the higher voltage is a nice plus and they are so cheap if you get set up to what your e-cig is. (ie: KR808d or 510)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread