I may be the oddball here.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

sariahhines79

May 23, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Ok, so Im fairly new to vaping. vaping for 2+ mnths, last cig was 5 weeks ago. Like alot of people here Ive spent a nice chunk of change trying different vendors, have a plethora of eliquid now, and have 3 total that are vapable. Finally found one that is my ADV, but am sure I will eventually wanna switch it out. So I kept my eye on Alice in Vapeland's juice reviews, stalked their website, finally remembered to order early Wednesday morning, and was pumped!! I ordered the sampler of 10,
Zombie Apocalypse
Twas Brillig
White Rabbit
B&W Cookie
A Quiet Morning
Cherry Blossom
Cupcake City
Lemon Loves Cake

...all with 18 mg nic. When I finally got my vapemail, I was super excited so I dripped the Zombie first, tasted nothing. Same with the Twas Brillig and Cupcake City...no taste whatsoever. B&W Cookie was the only one that had any flavor, and was pretty good. So Ive been letting them steep for 3 weeks now. No change in any of them. I even tried them on different voltages, I have an ego twist. So needless to say Im extremely disappointed, especially after all the awesome reviews. So just wondering am I the only Vaper here who has this issue with AIV? And i know its not vapers tongue because I taste all of the other brands just fine. Would just like some feedback, sorry for the long rant...

**....Ok, well now i honestly think I must have gotten a bad batch Im not quite sure. A friend of mine, who also had ordered a few from AIV, let me try some of her Zombie Apocalypse she had from one of the big bottles and it actually tasted really good. Just like the description on the website. So, Im going to give them another try and order a few of the larger bottles with extra flavor this time and hope they are much better than the samples. Will post again once Ive tried them

Last edited:

Jomoke

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Connecticut
You are NOT alone! I agree with you 100% I've been a vaper for a year and a half. I ordered a sample pack from them quite a while ago (I think when they first came on scene). I got a sample pack at 18 mg expecting great things from all the great reviews. I remember having the exact same reaction as you - very light flavor and hardly any throat hit. I don't think I even bothered to finish any of the sample flavors I got. I want strong flavor and strong throat hit and I just didn't get either from AIV. I know they have a big following, but just not for me (or you!)

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
So have you been buying e juice that has strong flavor and strong throat hit? What are they? Wht pg/vg ratio? Where from. How much nic?
Thanks. I DIY for stronger flavor and better throat hit. Most mine work out. Im interested to know what you found pre made so far. I like alice's stuff ok. It was good flavor but yes, mild.

You are NOT alone! I agree with you 100% I've been a vaper for a year and a half. I ordered a sample pack from them quite a while ago (I think when they first came on scene). I got a sample pack at 18 mg expecting great things from all the great reviews. I remember having the exact same reaction as you - very light flavor and hardly any throat hit. I don't think I even bothered to finish any of the sample flavors I got. I want strong flavor and strong throat hit and I just didn't get either from AIV. I know they have a big following, but just not for me (or you!)

sariahhines79

May 23, 2013
Dallas, Tx

Yeah, I wouldnt even say its light. I mean I was thinking maybe the flavoring didnt make it to my vials. All i get is a slight warm throat hit with thick, warm unflavore vapor. Sorry, not wanting to bash them because I really wanted to like them They're little company is just adorable. Just not my cup of tea I guess :(

sariahhines79

May 23, 2013
Dallas, Tx
So have you been buying e juice that has strong flavor and strong throat hit? What are they? Wht pg/vg ratio? Where from. How much nic?
Thanks. I DIY for stronger flavor and better throat hit. Most mine work out. Im interested to know what you found pre made so far. I like alice's stuff ok. It was good flavor but yes, mild.

Unicorn Blood from Fuzion...hands down the most flavorful vape Ive had yet. Tastes like a burst of Hawaiian Punch, its awesome...just sayin. The only juice Ive reordered so far as well...BIG bottle. I get 18 mg nic, not sure of pg/vg ratio. But its super thick, pretty good throat hit, with lots of vapor

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
No bashing here! Just different strokes for different folks I guess. Juice is the hardest part of the whole thing in my opinion. It wasn't for me either. I'd heard the flavors were light or delicate but I couldn't taste anything for the most part. The pear & cupcake city & vanilla I did end up liking after a while but I still feel as though the flavor is really light but everything else just wasn't for me.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Comparatively, AIV is a much lighter flavored juice than many... Unicorn Blood for example... is SO much stronger... that is a heavily flavored juice.

I have been vaping a few years now... and I definitely prefer lighter flavors... so AIV among a few other companies is perfect for me...

In time, you might prefer lighter flavors... or not... it's always difficult to tell.

In any case, if the heavier flavored fuzion is up your alley, then, make sure your next buys are similar...

sariahhines79

May 23, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Comparatively, AIV is a much lighter flavored juice than many... Unicorn Blood for example... is SO much stronger... that is a heavily flavored juice.

I have been vaping a few years now... and I definitely prefer lighter flavors... so AIV among a few other companies is perfect for me...

In time, you might prefer lighter flavors... or not... it's always difficult to tell.

In any case, if the heavier flavored fuzion is up your alley, then, make sure your next buys are similar...

I think you're right. Which vendors would you say fall into that category, or better yet who would you recommend? Ive tried Vapedudes, MBV, Indigo, AIV and Fuzion. So far I have only reordered from Fuzion. MBV was decent, not great. But I didnt care for the others...

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
stronger flavors... from what I have experienced or heard...
The Ahlusion juices I have tried were quite flavorful... Vapetrik... that's my new love...
Virgin Vapors, ms. t's - sorry I have a little brain drain at the moment... you shouldn't have any trouble getting suggestions though

Jomoke

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Connecticut
I ordered Fire and Ice from Thundervapes and I love it. It seems to satisfy all my needs - flavor; sweetness; throat hit.....it's all there. I just got Venom from MBV but haven't tried it yet. I find with MBV I need to add one flavor shot. Parkes Vaping is another favorite of mine although I didn't care for any of their tobacco flavors. I also like Mom and Pop Vapor Shop - I've tried about six from them and wasn't disappointed with any of them. I order 70pg/30vg. I tend to like the sweeter non-fruit juices and the RY4s. Crystal Canyon Vapes has a good RY4 - MysticRY4 - very good. I didn't put it down till I finished the bottle and ordered another one. I have a ton of juice from different vendors I haven't tried yet so I haven't stayed exclusively with one vendor. But I have re-ordered from several.

ziggytrix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Dallas, TX
I just got a sample pack from them as well. So far I've only tried White Rabbit, and it does have a mild flavor compared to the mostly candy and couple tobacco flavors I've tried so far. Wouldn't go so far as to say no flavor, but I've only been vaping for two weeks, so I don't have a solid basis for comparison yet.

You say you're using an ego twist, but what sort of carts are you using? I'm using generic 4V Ego batteries with CE4/5 clearomizers, Smoktech Ego DC cartomizers, and most recently Kanger Protanks (I know, I need to stop buying gear!) and I noticed a great deal of flavor muting in the cartomizers compared to the clearos.

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
I tend to like the stronger flavors myself, and I'm searching for vendors that have them myself. So far my only findings are from only 2 vendors. Kick bass vapor's ry4, and vapetrik's khlorine. I think I'm going to make a thread in the other e-juice part of the forum for people to post vendors that have STRONG flavor!

By the way about kick bass vapor, I've only tried 2 juices, their ry4 and their apple jolly rancher, I got an extra flavor shot in the jolly rancher and the apple didn't come out until almost 1 month later. Supposedly without the extra flavor it is a better juice, so im gonna try it that way and ill post my results.

AbqDave

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Albuquerque, NM, USA
This is probably a "different strokes" thing -- I doubt it's genetically possible to like Unicorn Blood and Quiet Morning simultaneously.

My impression of AIV so far is that it appeals to smell more than taste. If you smoke it like a cigarette then yeah you won't taste anything. Smoke it like a pipe... Deep draw, exhale slowly through the nose, let the vapor envelop your head.

Also it needs a little help to make much vapor. Dripping works best. If you haven't tried it yet, get a decent 2ohm dripping atomizer. Whoa Nelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread