I need a suggestion, I have unusual criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darwinvsjesus

ECF Veteran
I am looking for a a decent VV APV, obviously, or I wouldn't be here. Now, before I annoy mods and everyone else, let me make something clear; I'm not a beginner trying to make a 'which one do i get?' thread, not that there's anything wrong with those, but there's plenty of them out there, and this is not that.

Over the past 1.5 years, Ive tried various mods and I have been more or less disappointed. I think we've come a long, long way in 1.5 years, and VV is definitely the absolute best choice for most people's needs. In my case, I definitely don't have a lot of money to spend, but at the same time, I am willing to scrape together a little more than I'd planned if it means quality. This is vitally important. I will not sacrifice quality for anything. I cannot afford to buy mod after mod. I need to find a fairly priced 'kit' [or not, I've got 2x 18650 batts and a trustfire multi-charger that I used for a month]. Now the other condition I have to make is that this is going to be my only pv for a while [indeterminate amount of time], so it has to be reliable, sturdy, or easily repaired. Here's the main concern; I work in a tropical fish store, where the humidity is always 100% and the temperature is generally 90+ degrees F. I think the first start is to keep it not on my person all the time, I get splashed, salty, electrocuted a lot, and all of these are bad for electronics. My iphone 4s knows this.

So, in short:

1. This will be my only pv until {?}
2. Must be sturdy, fairly repairable, fairly priced, more or less.
3. Usable in a tropical-type environment.
4. I already said fairly priced, but let me reiterate. I pay out of pocket for my tuition at university, with literally no financial aid, I barely make more than minimum wage, and I eat an organic/vegan diet, which is somewhat costly. So I don't want to pay provari-esque prices, but I will go higher than I'd prefer if it honestly means a better built device that won't .... the bed in 2 months.

That said, my top choice is http://www.vaporbeast.com/product_p/sk26.htm

mainly because it is compatible with stardust clearos, looks like a rocketship [not really, but it does look nice, I think], and that kit is a bloody steal. Now, I've already said I have a battery set and charger, so I'm open to suggestions, or getting the vector regular sized, but I don't want something totally enormous. given than the mini needs both included batteries to run, I assume the standard is actually a much better deal. does anyone have any opinions on these devices?

So, that's my general price limit, give or take. I'd be willing to go with an affordable 5v device, too. I feel like I'll be hovering around 5v anyway.

thanks everyone, sorry for length.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
If you can make your way up to $120, that would get a notcigs infinity pro and two sets of batteries.

Otherwise a fixed voltage silver bullet approach is solid, if you use a single battery.

Otherwise maybe drop down to several ego twists. Decent little pv. Not the overall durability of the notcigs gear by any means, but i bought one specifically to use when diving, where it wouldn't break my heart if it got fried.

Good luck!

Ctor

static void Main()
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New Jersey
One other thing. Despite the ego threading, the stardust actually doesn't fit without an adapter because the base is larger than the standard ego tanks. I use Vivi Novas on mine for this reason.

Someone should have told me that, because I'm vaping very happily on a the Vector with a stardust and no adapter right now :).

darwinvsjesus

ECF Veteran
hey everyone! exciting development! last night , my wife reminded me that I for her birthday, I bought her an antique 'pantry
type cabinet, for about 150 dollars. My birthday is three weeks away. My budget just went up. With the money she is going to contribute [as an early birthday gift], my budget is now closer to 180, also, I would like to revise and simplify my criteria.

1. it has to be well-built, not easily damaged. Assume I won't have another device for a while and I won't have any capital for costly repairs. Case in point, my iphone 4s broke. Because I work in a tropical store, the humidity has tripped the 'water damage' censor. It's not water damage, it's a software problem. They won't fix it. I won't have a phone for an indeterminate amount of time.
2. I'd like it to be relatively small. The silver bullet is enormous. I walk everywhere, I don't own a car. It's going to be in a pocket, or a backpack, etc.

that's it. now, I definitely would prefer a VV. Case in point, I once spent 60 bucks at vaperite, ignoring their warning about 6v vaping, figuring I would deal with a little 'muting' of flavor. But what happened, of course, was burning awfulness. Had I been able to dial down the voltage, this would have been easier for me. However, I have a strong feeling that 5v vaping is going to be absolutely perfect all-around for me. that said, I absolutely love the GLV devices. Always have.

I'm currently considering

1.provari/vmax - but I hear the vmax is not worth the 25 bucks you save. Im concerned about the provari in a tropical environment. my store is bloody humid. I am always getting soaked, electrocuted, etc. I won't carry it on me, but even just the humidity might damage the circuity, you think?
2. apollo. But the concern is performance/quality/etc - isn't this basically a lavatube/lambo etc??
3. sabertouch 5v or VV
4. of course, the GLV2/3 whatever they sell now. I've always loved those.

thoughts?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I'd still recommend taking a close look at the notcigs products. I'm about to pick up another buzz pro just because they are such solid VV devices; I've had one since they first came out a year ago, extremely happy with it. "ECF Buzzkill" coupon code (it goes in during one of the later stages of checkout, I believe stage 4). For carrying, I use a little $6 Nemo pen flashlight holder on a belt loop, keeps it always readily accessible, while keeping it veritcal when I'm crawling around (happy homeowner stuff).

It uses a simple wheel adjustment interface, doesn't have an LCD screen. For me that is fine - I vape-to-taste, rotate the wheel a bit up or down depending on what I want at a given time. I get about 6 - 7 ml of vaping use between batteries swaps, running a 2.5 ohm carto at about 4.5V most of the time.

I also use their M1A1 tank, again since it first came out.

For cartos I run Ikenvape fusion 801. They work well enough that I ended up going to a dedicated 801 top cap, though if you might want to try other things you can always go with say a 510, plus a 510/801 adapter.

Good luck!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
just buy a silver bullet.
built like a brick.
and you can buy 18650 4.8v batteries for ~$6

all mechanical, so no electronics aside from the battery to be replaced.
and buy a kick if you really want to make it VV/VW

I agree. Get a Silver Bullet and add the Kick ($45) to it and you basically have a Darwin, one of the best variable models on the market. (it doesn't have quite the wattage range as the actual Darwin, but close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread