• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I need help with vg juice lack of flavor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
I AM NOT NEW TO VAPEING BUT HAVE FOUND I MAYBE ALLERGIC TO PG. I HAVE SINCE WENT ON THE QUEST TO FIND FLAVOR IN A 100% VG. I DON'T WANT TO MENTION VENDORS BUT RESEARCHED AND BOUGHT FROM MANY MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD. I'M USING THE FOLLOWING: EGOT PASSTHRU, 3.7 BOX AND A EGO TYPE 900 MAH. BATT. MY EQUIPMENT IS CE4, TYPE A ATTY WITH SMART CART, VISION REG., RESURECTOR 1.7 BC AND A NEW VISION CLERO BOTTOM COIL. SO FAR AFTER A COUPLE OF VAPES OF PINA COLADA, CEL. HONEYDEW, HYPE, CHERRY ON TOP, ETC, ETC. ALL LOOSE FLAVOR AND TURN INTO A HOT DRY vape? ANY SUGGESTION WOULD BE HELPFUL. THANKS:blush:

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
Sounds to me like you may be vaping faster than the VG can wick. VG juices are usally thicker than PG juices and so wick slower. You could try waiting a bit longer in between vapes to give the VG more time to wick to the coil or you can slightly dilute the VG with distilled water or PGA so it wicks a bit faster. Diluting will weaken the flavor slightly, though.

ego-fan

Moved On
Apr 7, 2012
Hi :)
I have allmost the same equiptment in e-cigs as you do...I have very strong tasting flavours...my 100% VG flavours are from Liberty Flights.UK. they have great fruit flavours...their banana split taste is ....naughty:)
Tobacco tasting VG liquid I get from Intellicig.com, their rich tobacco and the menthol taste are both smooooth and keeps the taste throughout.
Good luck :vapor:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Hi! I like vaporgods CandyCane. It's one that I vape off & on all day in a LR clearomizer. Sometimes I spike it up a notch with extra peppermint and sweetener or menthol just for a different taste. (I switch flavors throughout the day for variety.)Also the cappacino from VaporGodis is good but not sure if you're into coffee flavors. I, too, have found that most of the VG juices I've been trying from all sorts of vendors are very muted and some are waxy tasting YUK (stay away from the WOW Nobacco from V4L in my opinion. I tried their chocolate and cafe mocha which are awful!). Some vendors indicate 100% VG with the disclaimer that some flavors are PG based. Some of the ECBlends I've tried like Zebra Cake batter are good, but some of their other stuff tastes like stale perfume :facepalm: ....but maybe I have to let them steep a couple months LOL. D and D vapors has a nice Chocolate w/ menthol flavor. However, right now I'm vaping their Bubblegum flavor and it tastes kind of like when you've chewed the gum too long and the flavor is just about gone LOL, so won't be re-buying some of theirs. Each vendor I've tried only has one or two ejuices that I like and the rest suck. So now I'm constantly adding this and that to bump up the crappy flavors to make them vapable because I'd hate to throw away hundreds of $$ worth!
By the way, I haven't had to add distilled water or PGA to any of my VG juices in my clearomizers or tanks. No wicking issues so far. I do set my ecig on it's side and tilt or turn them frequently to make sure the wicks stay moist. Maybe I've been lucky, but I've not had any of the "VG is too thick issues" that I've read about on here.
Juicy Vapor has the most good VG flavors that I've tried, although they do state that flavors are PG or alcohol based etc. Must be small amounts though. When there's too much PG in a juice, I get irritated sore throat and coughing LOL. As long as I stick to the ones that say they are mostly VG I do OK. :p I've done 12, 18 and 24 mg nic strength and no issues. So it's not the nic strength that causes irritation like some people have suggested. It has to be the PG ratio that causes problems sometimes.
Just to throw this out there: I have noticed that if I chain vape, occasionally, I have to go gargle with listerine or whatever, to revitalize my tastebuds LOL :facepalm: Otherwise my ejuices lose their flavor too while I'm chain vaping. Just some food for thought.
There sure is a LOT of trial and error in trying to find the perfect vape isn't there? :blink:

STVNMR

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Celina, TX
I agree with Oneida. There's not a whole lot you can do to remedy your wicking problems other than wait a little longer between drags or dilute with PGA. Distilled water works, too, but PGA will give you back some of the throat hit you generally lose when diluting your juice, though depending on how much you use to dilute, nothing will give back the lost flavor.

I'm a chain vaper, so waiting between drags is out of the question! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread