TV flavor experts...I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilin0117

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2010
Northwood OH (NW OH)
Ok guys I need a little help. I have several bottles of juice that I am having a hard time with. To smell them alone--I LOVE them. But when I vape them, I just dont get the same flavors. They taste a little harsh....some almost taste burnt. I have tried vaping them anywhere from 3.2 on my eGO to every volt in between 3 and 6 on my BUZZ.

Here is what I have....All are 24mg 10%vg (which is my normal vape)

AC
Pina Colada
Cherry Cola
Mint Chocolate Chip
Coconut Cream Pie

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to try and cut the nic and pg down with doublers? I guess I am looking for suggestions on making these juices less harsh. I just dont know the best way to do it. I am still pretty new to TV and well I AM NOT ready to bail on these flavors yet.

I have GB and LOVE IT!!!

So...any suggestions would be great. I know these juices hold potential becuase they smell great. I just dont know how to make them great to vape....PLEASE HELP

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
Ok guys I need a little help. I have several bottles of juice that I am having a hard time with. To smell them alone--I LOVE them. But when I vape them, I just dont get the same flavors. They taste a little harsh....some almost taste burnt. I have tried vaping them anywhere from 3.2 on my eGO to every volt in between 3 and 6 on my BUZZ.

AC
Pina Colada
Cherry Cola
Mint Chocolate Chip
Coconut Cream Pie

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to try and cut the nic and pg down with doublers? I guess I am looking for suggestions on making these juices less harsh. I just dont know the best way to do it. I am still pretty new to TV and well I AM NOT ready to bail on these flavors yet.

I have GB and LOVE IT!!!

So...any suggestions would be great. I know these juices hold potential becuase they smell great. I just dont know how to make them great to vape....PLEASE HELP

How long have you had them?
Some flavors take up to 2 weeks to age properly. Worse case scenario would be to add a couple drops of VG to smooth it out.

smilin0117

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2010
Northwood OH (NW OH)
How long have you had them?
Some flavors take up to 2 weeks to age properly. Worse case scenario would be to add a couple drops of VG to smooth it out.

I have had the flavors for anywhere between 1.5-3 weeks. I could add the VG...was only worried about loosing the good flavor.

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana

AC
Pina Colada
Cherry Cola
Mint Chocolate Chip
Coconut Cream Pie

I have GB and LOVE IT!!!

I have every flavor that you have. I had a problem with that burnt taste from time to time. I finally gave up on using atomizers. I haven't had a burnt taste since changing to cartomizers. I know that taste and it totally sucks.

Last edited:

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
Yeah they've aged enough I use the cartomizers too. But with both atomizer and cartos once you get the burnt taste it's very hard to get rid of. And it's nasty! I let a carto go to dry on my 5 volt had to throw it away after only one fill. Now I keep em wet would rather flood it than run it dry. I take it you switched around your atty, carto, cartridge? If so the doubler may be the only option but I would make the VG level higher than normal VG tends to smooth it More plus adds vapor but you wont lose the flavor with the doubler.

smilin0117

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2010
Northwood OH (NW OH)
Yeah they've aged enough I use the cartomizers too. But with both atomizer and cartos once you get the burnt taste it's very hard to get rid of. And it's nasty! I let a carto go to dry on my 5 volt had to throw it away after only one fill. Now I keep em wet would rather flood it than run it dry. I take it you switched around your atty, carto, cartridge? If so the doubler may be the only option but I would make the VG level higher than normal VG tends to smooth it More plus adds vapor but you wont lose the flavor with the doubler.

Ya..I tried about every combo I could think of. Atty/carto and a ton of different cart mods, just in case any of those fillers were causing it. And I agree with you 100% about keeping the carto extra wet over ever letting it dry out. I keep a drip tip on them, and just drip in them now.

The added VG option to the doubler I didnt think of....thank you so much. I will probably try to get a doubler or two and see what happens.

Do you think I should try to keep the nic level at 24 or try to bring it down a little?

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
Ya..I tried about every combo I could think of. Atty/carto and a ton of different cart mods, just in case any of those fillers were causing it. And I agree with you 100% about keeping the carto extra wet over ever letting it dry out. I keep a drip tip on them, and just drip in them now.

The added VG option to the doubler I didnt think of....thank you so much. I will probably try to get a doubler or two and see what happens.

Do you think I should try to keep the nic level at 24 or try to bring it down a little?

Well the doublers are nic free so adding anything out of the doubler bottle is going to lower the nic level without losing flavor! So I would go easy on adding from the doubler. Try like 10 drops at a time if you're adding it to a 1 oz bottle of 24mg Juice. That way you can more or less pinpoint that sweet spot without diluting too much nic.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I have the pina coloda - its my fave vape (well it and GCC atm lol) - mine is 12mg though and 20% VG. Its got a sharp edge to it's sweetness though so I can imagine at 24mg its probably quite viscious lol. If youre really keen to keep it and try it over then markimar's suggestion is a good one; I can only add that I love it. :)

tristessa363

May 18, 2010
Houston, TX
As I stumbled on this thread I had just finished mixing:
1 part 26 mg/ 0 VG Coconut from another vendor
1 part 0 mg/20 VG Coconut Cream Pie
2 parts 24 mg/20 VG Pina Colada

yielding 18.5 mg/ 15% VG of not-at-all-harsh awesomeness. (I think)

On the other hand, I just got an ounce of MCC at 36mg/10% VG, and it doesn't really bother me. Mind you all of this has aged for a while. I think it really depends on the flavor.

mcl5000

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Allentown, PA
I may have missed this, but what device are you using? (510, 901, etc...) Also, if you're vaping at higher voltage than 3.7, and I see 4.5 in your sig, you're going to get a burnt taste if the atomizer isn't constantly soaked.

If you're getting a burnt taste from ANY juice (even crappy dekang), it's not the juice's fault...unless it's meant to taste like burnt liquid.

Some atomizers just get this way after a period of time, and at that point, I throw them out and grab another. This especially happens with 510 attys, and especially at higher voltages. They burn so hot so quickly that you're going to get a buildup of burnt stuff on your atty, which won't go away without dry burning.

edit: what chainvapor said. Didn't see that before I posted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread