Status
Not open for further replies.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I wouldn't recommend mechanical mods (like the nemesis) to a beginner. Go with a regulated mod like the MVP 20w or iStick 30w. Those are great choises as you dont need to learn all the battery safety involved with replaceable 18650s. I think the atlantis is their sub ohm tank, so make sure whatever you get will accept the low resistance coils if you plan to use those (must be able to fire .5ohm load, some mods cut off at 1ohm).

hth

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I need a good battery for the aspire atlantis . will a nemesis style mod from ehpro with 18650 work ? or something like the mvp or eleaf istick ? HELP!!

I believe that Aspire makes a battery for sub-ohm now. It came out about the same time as the Atlantis and isn't very costly. If you have no experience with mechs, I'd check that out.

DomDoobie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Staten Island New York
I use the Aspire CF Sub Ohm battery with the Atlantis. Love it for the car ! I keep a usb ciggarette lighter charger in there so when I'm not vaping and I'm in traffic I put it on charge. I'm in New York so I'm in traffic a lot lol. I actually have 2 Atlantis tanks and 2 CF Sub Ohm batteries. So I'm never down and I keep a different flavor in each tank. When I'm home or in the vape shop I use my God Mod with a Dark Horse RDA. Just love the combination of the Atlantis and the Sub Ohm battery. Once you ahve the Atlantis you just can't go back to anything else. At least for me.

Smann245

Aug 16, 2014
USA
$90 for a 50 watt sig? That's ridiculous. Get a Sigelei 100 watt plus and be done. The best do it all box currently available. Ignore those who recommend spending money on a mod you'll outgrow. 100w and dual 18650's wrapped in a solid device at or just under $100 will do anything you need with good runtime. Buy more power than you need. You can adjust it down. Get the big boy sig.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
$90 for a 50 watt sig? That's ridiculous. Get a Sigelei 100 watt plus and be done. The best do it all box currently available. Ignore those who recommend spending money on a mod you'll outgrow. 100w and dual 18650's wrapped in a solid device at or just under $100 will do anything you need with good runtime. Buy more power than you need. You can adjust it down. Get the big boy sig.

Not all mods are created equal. I'd pay 200 for a 70w mod if the build quality is fantastic. Additionally not everyone needs >30w. I'm quite happy around 20w most of the time. I also have no desire to carry around a dual 18650 mod.
Not calling you out, just giving a different opinion :)

I use and recommend the Eleaf Istick30. The coils on the Atlantis recommends like 20 to 30 Watts. The reviews and YouTube videos shows people going beyond 30 but it not necessay. The purpose is to show it can handle the wattage and the coil is good quality. I tried the CF battery and works good but there's no adjustment so you can't find that sweet spot for the juice you are vaping. CF Battery looks cool feels great but there is no flexibility. I can use the IStick30 on my Atlantis, Nautilus, Evods, and about anything I'd consider buying in the future. I can't say the same about the CF battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread