Need a new mod - suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leni.is.vaping

Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Hey guys, I'm a long time vaper, but in years (3-4) I have not kept up to date with vaping news and the latest. Need your suggestions to get my next mod.

My loyal companion has been an Eleaf Istick 30W, coupled with Smok NBC tanks. I'll keep using these tanks and recoiling my coils (1.8-2.3). I vape at around 6W. What I love about the Eleaf is how light it is, how good it feels in my hand. And pretty reliable, easy to use, not too many frills. Bought too many other mods that died on me with very little use, or were bulky.

What I'm looking for in a mod is similar: relatively small and ergonomic, light, reliable, that will be my ONE mod to vape everyday for at least a year or two. It can plug directly via usb cable, or use 1 or 2 18650 batteries (as long as it doesn't make it too heavy).

IMG_7951[1].JPG

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

What I'm looking for in a mod is similar: relatively small and ergonomic, light, reliable, that will be my ONE mod to vape everyday for at least a year or two. It can plug directly via usb cable, or use 1 or 2 18650 batteries (as long as it doesn't make it too heavy).

I know you will get a Lot of more current Mod recommendations.

But for a Simple, Compact Mod for lower wattage vaping, the eLeaf iStick 40w TC is one of my Favorites.

Eleaf iStick 40W TC Temperature Control Mod - Blue

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Hi there, Leni. It IS a world of wonder out there now with all the new devices, is it not!

I have a few iStickies (30s) and also like them a lot. I'm going to recommend the JAC Vapor mods. Tho the smaller 22mm are not being sold now, even the 25mm (which IS available) is roughly the size of the iStick, tho a drop or two heavier. It's an incredible device and well-loved here.

20170713_105647.jpg

In a lower price range, there's many, and I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions here. I happen to like the Evic Primo Mini, and the Swag mods. Here's the Evic next to the JAC 25mm.

1009182230.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
After a quick Google I agree on the Target mini. Mostly because it can go as low as 5 Watts. Not very common today. Not sure how the 1400 mAh battery compares to your iStick.
My sister reports that for her it will go all day and then some. Me of course I would empty the thing in an hour, I’m a DL vaper.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
My sister reports that for her it will go all day and then some. Me of course I would empty the thing in an hour, I’m a DL vaper.

Lol, current love of my life is a 650 mAh Renova Zero pod. Lasts me all day. But then so did my old 650 mAh ego batts. ;) went DL for 18 months. Recently returned home to where I belong.

Reactions: Katdarling

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Another vote for the JAC Vapor series B DNA75W.

I never vape over 30 watts, and I get nearly a day's worth of battery use with a 18650 Samsung 30Q 3000mah 15A battery. At just 8 watts, you might get up to two days worth. It's extremely well made and uses one of the best chips on the market. Batteries can be charged via microUSB or in external chargers.

jac-vapor-series-b-dna-75w-sandstorm-mod-review-vaperevs-7.jpg

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Another vote for the JAC Vapor series B DNA75W.

I never vape over 30 watts, and I get nearly a day's worth of battery use with a 18650 Samsung 30Q 3000mah 15A battery. At just 8 watts, you might get up to two days worth.

jac-vapor-series-b-dna-75w-sandstorm-mod-review-vaperevs-7.jpg
I also agree that the jac is a better mod in general to the target mini I previously suggested. It is much more flexible, long lasting, durable, and powerful. The sole advantage the target mini has is it’s a little over half the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread