Status
Not open for further replies.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
ill get to the point.

im trying to build a decent dual coil.. sometimes i get it sometimes i dont. when i do get it right.. both coils end up firing nice and even.. at low ohms everything is nice and dandy..

after i would say maybe about 2 hours or so one of the coils stop working. and its always the second coild that i build and mount that stops working.

i play with it enough for them to fire up at the beggining.. but after a while the second build goes down the drain.

why?

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
That's the tricky part about doing dual coils... For them to work right, both coils have to have the same resistance.
I don't think the IGO is going to be much either...the "wrap around the screw" type connection doesn't really lend itself to securing two sets of wires.

The fact that you had both coils glowing evenly is a good indication that you've done a good job of getting your coils even, but the fact that one of them keeps crapping out and the fact that its always the 2nd one added... I'll, all but, guarantee that the screw posts aren't able to adequately secure both pieces of wire at once.

The "hole through the post" type connection is much better at securing dual coils because it can clamp down on both wires equally.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367374622.906803.jpg

If you're really intent on running dual coils on the IGO, I'd suggest drilling holes through the posts, similar to the pic above.

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
When I was doing dual coils (back in the day; uphill both ways) I would fold a double length of wire and twist the looped end. Now you've got an "eye" with equal legs coming off of it. That would go under 1 screw. Coil-coil-coil . . . . when you get to the other screw, cross the wires in front of it and twist them on the back side, then tighten screw. Pretty good contact + you can see if your leftovers are still equal length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread