i need some input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ematt216

Jun 6, 2009
hey guys my name is erica and ive been thinking about getting the e cigaratte for me an my mom. She has really bad asthma and just won't stop smoking. I was wondering if this is a good method for herto stop regular cigarttes or do you think she will still smoke regular cigs even if i buy her one of these? If anyone else was a heavy smoker and now uses the e cigarette ...just let me know what you think...thanks

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
You might find this poll / thread of some interest: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/quitting/6470-e-cig-success-rate.html

But, if your mother doesn't try it with an open mind, she won't like it.

I was one of the ones who gave up 'accidentally' as it wasn't my original intention, so I wouldn't say that she won't give up unless she wants to.... but if she's only trying it beause you are telling her she should, then I wouldn't hold out much hope.

vaporize me

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Chester, PA USA
I, like so many here, had quit the day I got my PV (personal vaporizer). It is not the same as a cigarette and shouldn't be considered a replacement. It is just a better way to get the nic that we are addicted to and also provide us with the "oral fixation" that accompany our addiction to analogs (cigarettes).

The patch, gum etc. might provide us with the nicotine that we have so gotten accustomed to but it doesn't address having something in our hands and smoke (vapor) that we've also been addicted to. Just a note, buy higher nic juice or carts and ween yourself off of the high nic until you find what works for you. At least this way the nicotine you do receive from a PV will provide you with what you crave. If you give it a chance it will help. Best of luck..don't give up..and welcome to the forum.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I think it has a lot to do with age. If your mom is 35 to 70, it could work, older then that doubtful.
My mom (85) has lost a part of a lung to cancer, she can't take a deep breath, she coughs all the time..but to her E-cigs are stupid. She took a puff and coughed..that was it. She prefers to smoke, all day, even though she can hardly work a lighter anymore. It's what she knows and what she wants.
It's also mindset. Your mom knows how ill she is, if that alone doesn't motivate her I wonder if an E-cig will do it.
I would have her look at pictures or a video and then ask if she thinks she might like to join the revolution against high cigarette taxes? Believe me telling her she has to do it for herself, the grandkids/future g'kids and you is too much pressure!
One more thing, is she an independant woman, can she handle all the charging, cart filling ect.? It's a lot of fiddly kind of work. I am 58 and love all the fiddly stuff, it keeps me busy.
I meant to add, she will probably want regular cigarettes for a while, she may quit, may not but if you can get her to slow down on cigarettes, what's the harm? Don't forget to make it fun, flavors and pretty colored e-cigs. At least at first..then she may want a screwdriver!

Last edited:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
hey guys my name is erica and ive been thinking about getting the e cigaratte for me an my mom. She has really bad asthma and just won't stop smoking. I was wondering if this is a good method for herto stop regular cigarttes or do you think she will still smoke regular cigs even if i buy her one of these? If anyone else was a heavy smoker and now uses the e cigarette ...just let me know what you think...thanks

Erica;

The e-cig is the best way to quit smoking, BUT!! If your mother has asthma, research this further. I really don't know how the e-cig will affect her. Carts and liquids have VG - PG - and a few other things, and I don't know how it would affect a person with asthma. Please be cautious with this until you know the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread