I NEVER dry burn; just blow thru, rinse N DRY - anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I have never dry burn cleaned an atty.

All I do is when it starts getting dry or burny, take (ego t and c) the atty out blow through as much juice as possible just with my mouth and then soak in boiled water and swish around.

Leave to dry for a day, prime wick with a drop of juice, pop it on to battery, screw on cone, pop in tank and start vaping and they are as good as new.

Am I the only one?

maybe it's because i do it AS soon as performance starts failing?

When I used ego-t both my ovale and my tawa lasted 8 months and still worked great just by

1. blowing out juice

2. swish around in boiling water

3. blow out water and, let dry for a day

4. prime and vape.

You get a few dead hits sometimes if you haven't left enough time to dry but then it fires up anyway after a few tries.

Swear to Bog, my ovale ego-t and the TAWA both lasted eight months just doing this (50vg/50pg) juices and might have gone longer - I sold them so have no idea.

I'm doing the same now with my ego-c attys. Only with the head too. Pick it off, blow through juice, swish in boiled water, blow out water, let dry on my desk for a day, prime and vape.

Really, that's all I do and it works every darned time.

I read about people pulling the spike plate off, torching the wick, dry burning etc and it boggles my mind.

I use an ego battery, vape about 1ml a day and 50vg/50pg. I do try to avoid dark juices but this process works even with them - I think the key is to do it AS SOON as you notice bad performance.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
Since you were brave enough to mention it first, I'll admit that I do the same thing. I'm using cheap CE4 clearomizers and I have yet to had one go 'bad' and need to be thrown away. Granted, I've only been doing this about a month but I haven't had a speck of trouble out of them.

Heck, I'll admit that I usually don't even bother letting them dry. It takes about 8-10 dead hits (no smoke, just water) but then the water is gone.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
Won't allowing the water sit on the metal for a day cause rust to form?

I always wonder this too, I'm not usually worried about a collective drop of water spread out in the tank and head, I don't see it affecting my vape. The only time I dry burn is when I'm rewicking with new cotton. Do people really dry burn between tanks?

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
I always wonder this too, I'm not usually worried about a collective drop of water spread out in the tank and head, I don't see it affecting my vape. The only time I dry burn is when I'm rewicking with new cotton. Do people really dry burn between tanks?

I think it's an ego-t ego-c thing, they are marginal at best when new, from what I remember.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Won't allowing the water sit on the metal for a day cause rust to form?

I haven't had any problems with Rust on any of my Clearos or Attys.

I boiled my CE4s and the tips melted out of shape, lol

I wouldn't recommend Boiling. There are Small Seals inside a Clearo/Atty that could get Melted Also. Hot Tap water will do the Trick just fine.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I pretty much just rinse, blow and go. Sometimes I will let my tanks sit for a few hours. I usually have two or three in rotation. I never dry burn. I have wasted tons of atty's, etc.

Yup. I think the key is that with a new atty, I do this AS SOON AS any problems occur or just after a week's use - so they never get gunked up enough to need the burn clean in the first place, I never let them get that bad to start with!

Mercurial_One1

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Since you were brave enough to mention it first, I'll admit that I do the same thing. I'm using cheap CE4 clearomizers and I have yet to had one go 'bad' and need to be thrown away. Granted, I've only been doing this about a month but I haven't had a speck of trouble out of them.

Heck, I'll admit that I usually don't even bother letting them dry. It takes about 8-10 dead hits (no smoke, just water) but then the water is gone.

I love you for admitting you don't always let them completely dry. Any veterans weighing in? Could it eventually harm something?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I love you for admitting you don't always let them completely dry. Any veterans weighing in? Could it eventually harm something?

I only Dry Out a Clearo completely if I'm not going to use it right away.

I rinse out a Clearo at Every refill. Don't Dry it out. Just Shake, Blow, Fill and Go.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yeah, it's all about not letting them get to the gunked up stage, one foul hit or burn taste and my atties go in the boiling water for ten minutes, suck water through them also, blow em out, let dry for a day (tried not drying, just firing it with the battery but it drains the hell out of the battery) primes them with a few drops of PG juice, even if I'm gonna plug a VG tank in and bingo - good as new.

I highly recommend this, though it can urn your lips, I'm talking ego-t or ego-c attys - have hot water in a cup after the boil phase, put the wick in the cup with the other end between your lips / teeth and suck water through it, it will gurgle around the coil and you'll get a juice taste even after the boiling, repeat a few times, then blow out and leave to dry.

They come back good as new, but like I said it has to be done before gunking up occurs.

If wicking badly is the issue, a really thin needle poked down the wick is good.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread