I put a new cotton wick in my coil and now it’s harsh on my throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianhamilton

Jun 26, 2018
Scotland
hi I’ve just recently started vaping, I have a battlestar mini 80w with a isub g tank on it and the cotton in my coil was used so I watched a few YouTube videos on how to change the cotton and after changing it every hit I take burns my throat now, I left it for about 10 minutes hoping the cotton would soak in the liquid better and I took another hit but it’s still burning my throat so if anyone knows how I could fix this I’d very much appreciate the help, thanks

Brianhamilton

Jun 26, 2018
Scotland
Hi thanks for replying, im new to vaping but I’m using a battlestar mini with a Isub G tank which has a 0.5 coil I’m sure?

Attachments

• D971F955-044B-4505-92AE-7E4AB1E669FA.jpeg
    D971F955-044B-4505-92AE-7E4AB1E669FA.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi thanks for replying, im new to vaping but I’m using a battlestar mini with a Isub G tank which has a 0.5 coil I’m sure?

OK. If this is the Tank you are using...

Innokin iSub G Tank - 4.5ml Capacity, 0.5ohm Organic Cotton Coils

that type of Tank takes Pre-Made Coil-Heads. And when the Coil-Head gets worn out, Most just Replace the Entire Coil-Head.

Some Coil-Heads can be Re-Built. And Results can Vary.

Have you tried putting a New Coil-Head in? Remembering to Prime the Coil-Head with a Few Drops of e-Liquid in the Side Holes. And a Drop or 2 in the Top.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
There are so many different RTAs and sub tanks on the market these days that your best bet would be to search RTA or sub ohm tank on Youtube and watch some reviews. Search within the past 6-8 months for the newest options. I've heard a lot of good things about the current crop of mesh coils for sub tanks. If I were shopping for one, I would look for something that takes mesh coil heads.

RTAs are a whole other thing with a lot of different options in airflow, single or dual coil, etc. My favorite RTA at the moment is my Bravo by Wotofo. I like open airflow and dual coils, though. Watch some reviews.

For example...

m5yyXVb.png

My gunmetal Bravo RTA on a USV-L.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi zoiDman

I did what you said and added a few drops to the side and top and now the hit is much better thank you

Cool. Good to hear it is working Better.

You're going to do this Every Time you change to a New Coil-Head. Or if you get into Building your own Coils for an RTA, whenever you put New Cotton in a Coil.

We call it "Priming the Coil".

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
Thank for the advice Tralfaz I’ll go have a look
After you've had a look around, come back and ask us about the ones you are most interested in. We're always happy to help and the chances are very good that you'll find several members here who own the tanks you're looking at and can give you sound advice on them. Good luck and welcome to ECF!

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
My advice is to keep using what you're using for alittle while longer. I see people come on here all the time and keep buying tanks and end up with tanks they don't like or not made for there style of vaping so keep using what you have and figure it out then you'll have a better idea what you like and don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread