Status
Not open for further replies.

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
OMG... how is that possible?? Any other time I've tried to quit the analogs, I've gained,,, and a lot more than 10 pounds! This time around,, I've actually LOST 10 pounds,, and managed to get into a nice pair of jeans that have been sitting in my drawer for over a year gathering dust!! It's apparent to me that I would much rather vape than eat!!:thumbs:

miatasaint

Mar 10, 2012
Lanta Jawja
OMG... how is that possible?? Any other time I've tried to quit the analogs, I've gained,,, and a lot more than 10 pounds! This time around,, I've actually LOST 10 pounds,, and managed to get into a nice pair of jeans that have been sitting in my drawer for over a year gathering dust!! It's apparent to me that I would much rather vape than eat!!:thumbs:

What?!?! DAMN! Congratulations!! Hopefully the same works with me!

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
I too lost weight when I quit smoking. There are a few reasons for this I believe.

1. Most people satisfy their hand to mouth habit by eating after they quit smoking. Since vaping still keeps the hands active, it satisfies that urge.

2. With all of the sweet flavored vapes available, I haven't had the need to consume much else that is sweet. I used to always be drinking soda when I smoked, but if I have soda now with a sweet vape, it's too sweet so I opt for water or tea.

3. Due to the increase in water, my system remains hydrated and relatively toxin free. Also, people tend to feel thirst before they feel hunger and often mistake the two. Drinking a glass of water when you feel "hungry" will often suppress the appetite until real hunger steps in.

4. Because I can breathe and don't feel like crap every morning, I'm a lot more active and therefore burn a lot more calories.

5. Since my tastebuds have healed, I can taste the actual flavor of food and don't require overly processed highly salted or sweetened foods keeping my diet more healthy overall.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona

Who knew it could be this great to quit smoking?!?!?
I agree with the points Ctourtelot makes, it's a very good thing.:vapor:

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hell yeah! I need to get more flavors. All i have is french vanilla, and caramel, and they taste almost identical.

Give it time, your taste buds will go through all kinds of funkiness before you realize that you are tasting and smelling things way better than you did when you were smoking. Some flavors that may taste bad now will taste great in a month or so. It takes time, and you'll probably hit times where you can't taste anything, but it will get better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread