• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I should probably just...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreverT

Sep 10, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I don't know, I've always wondered how you could type out of sync with the text :D

GO GO GOJIRA!!!

I'm really having to restrain myself from seeing if I can make a homemade epipe replica of that weird "space metal" pipe that the professor has in Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla. The biggest problem will be obtaining sufficient space titanium, I think.

I will offer my one tip for October zombie movie watching - No one watch "Raiders of the Damned", no matter how much you are tempted, or how many bad horror films you have seen before. Trust me on this. Now I'm off to watch "Black Sheep", the one about undead hordes of sheep in New Zealand...

TreverT

Sep 10, 2010
Greensboro, NC
YES! Black Sheep rocks....nothing cracks me up like drooling hoards of carniverous sheep!!!!

but then of course I am biased.....being an evil goat owner and all...........

On the same theme, I just found on Netflix the movie 'Isolation", about an Irish farmer and crew versus savage cows. Added it to my queue but haven't seen it yet. Maybe I should put together a killer livestock movie night. :D

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Wow, I forgot about that one. It's not as good as Black Sheep. In fact, I felt a little cheated but there's a little 'Alienesque' creature(s) that run around so it's good for some jumps if not scares/laughs. It feels like one of those movies that was inspired by Black Sheep but fell a little short. BUT, if you want a livestock movie night I'd add it in along with Blood Freak (killer with a chicken head and a thirst for druggie blood) from the 70's. It's so bad, it's almost great! If you like Troma films, throw Poultrygeist, Night of the Chicken Dead in there as well... For a farm based movie if not exactly livestock (does a pig head wearing chainsaw duel count) based movie, add Motel Hell. One of my all time favorite 'bad' movies. I mean, it has a chainsaw on chainsaw fight! I won't say anything else in case you haven't seen it yet...

TreverT

Sep 10, 2010
Greensboro, NC
One of my all time favorite 'bad' movies. I mean, it has a chainsaw on chainsaw fight!

You have, I assume, seen "Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers"? :D It has a chainsaw on chainsaw fight in lingerie!

I'll look up all the others you mention, haven't seen any of them. Although, growing up on a farm instilled me with a healthy fear of chickens (They're giant nasty things when you're five years old).

Last night's flick was an old Hammer film, "The Mummy's Shroud". I wish I could somehow create my own retro-"Shock Theater" intro sequence and graft it onto every old horror movie I have.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
It was destroyed by water damage. Multiple large boxes of VHS horror movies from the 70's-80's. Most of them were rare or obscure films too. I had a few guys I knew that would buy out movie rental stores when they went under and he would hold the better ones for me. Nothing was in 'mint' condition but up until a few years ago some movies like 'Martin' were out of print or never (until recently) released on DVD so it was the only way to watch them. I had a nice 6 head VHS player that was destroyed too. I also had a small collection of Italian bootlegs too, not great films but hilarious to sit around and try to figure out what the dialog really was. I think we had more fun making our own up, the more rediculous, the better!

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Yeah, I had maybe 80-100 of the 'big box' boxes. One of the better ones was I Spit on Your Grave. First cover and with almost no corner wear. Martin was my #2 favorite/valuable one. Almost mint and a flawless picture through the whole thing! I think the only ones I had that were worth more were also considered to be illegal! Without going into too much detail that would be censored here, involved were some movies made in the 80's before a certain Ms. Lords revealed that she'd lied about her age. I'm not into that kind of stuff but the collectible nature of it combined with the inability to legal sell it... kind of forced me to keep it ;) That, and Tom Cruise made a very successful R rated remake of it. To give you a hint, it involved him sliding across a wood floor in his socks with sunglasses :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread