I should return this, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotsin

Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Chicago
Hey Peeps,

I got my package today from exhale vapors, really excited to start my Vamo experience. Open up my package, and a bad start with them forgetting a small item that I ordered. So took out the Vamo, looked cool and was surprisingly heavy with no batteries in there. Seems solid. I went to put my Protank on there, and it didn't seem to want to thread on properly. Like the Vamo's connection was too large, too much play. Then I decided to put a vision clearomizer on there, and I got the Leaning Tower of Pisa going on. That of course made me go over everything with a fine tooth comb. My + button sticks out a lot more than any other button. My clear screen protector(window) is not seated squarely on the Vamo, so one side juts out while the other was flush. The window actually moves a little bit. Everything else seemed fine though, and it read the correct Ohms on my Protank.

I tried emailing them hours ago, using their ticket system on their website, and calling the # on the website. Still haven't received a response from anyone at exhale vapors. I understand QC is bad in China.

So my question is....

I should return this right? Does anyone have any experience with their customer service? I hope this is the right forum.

Here are some photos: 1st is huge + button, 2nd is off-set screen, 3rd Leaning Tower
2013-05-15 20.07.00.jpg
2013-05-15 20.13.49.jpg
2013-05-15 20.11.11.jpg

Discord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
it looks to me like something inside got torqued. almost looks like it could have been a return of one that had someone overtightened something on it. I agree with nahoku, if you're not happy and have the option to return it for an exchange or refund, I'd do so.

I just got my VAMO today, and luckily it's wonderful (and has none of those problems yours seems to have). I ordered mine from china, and either got lucky, or their QC isn't actually that bad.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I've not any problems with any of the stuff I've purchased so don't have any personal experience with Exhale's customer service. I've seen posts indicating the owner, Abe, checks in on Facebook so you might want to try there. Exhale is an ECF supplier so, if your issue falls down the rabbit hole you can, as a very last resort, post a negative supplier review and work things out with Exhale in that thread.

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks, I am not happy, and exhalevapors, a US supplier, has a 14 day return policy. Let's hope this is a painless swap. I'm not usually the type to return things, but the leaning is a bit too much.

Has anyone dealt with their customer service before?

I bought one of my Vamo's from MyVaporStore and it didn't work. It wouldn't turn on... and no blinking on battery change. I emailed MVS and they sent me a replacement with return shipping label for the broken one in a day. I also asked them to test the replacement and they did. I then turned around and ordered another one from MVS, again asked for testing, and again they did this for me. Both work perfectly. This is why MVS is one of my go to stores. Hopefully exhalevapors will be just as accommodating.

dotsin

Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Chicago
I bought one of my Vamo's from MyVaporStore and it didn't work. It wouldn't turn on... and no blinking on battery change. I emailed MVS and they sent me a replacement with return shipping label for the broken one in a day. I also asked them to test the replacement and they did. I then turned around and ordered another one from MVS, again asked for testing, and again they did this for me. Both work perfectly. This is why MVS is one of my go to stores. Hopefully exhalevapors will be just as accommodating.

Unfortunately, exhalevapors is much harder to contact. I finally got a hold of someone, and I was personally not that happy with their exchange policies. I have to pay to ship it back to them, and when it arrives to them, then they will ship mine out. I think I will just ask for a refund, cause I found another deal on the Vamo.

MVS is a great store and have dealt with them in the past. Their price wasn't the best, but their customer service is great. I guess I learned my lesson going deal hunting and compromising the customer service side of the business.

Thanks for all the replies everyone :D

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Unfortunately, exhalevapors is much harder to contact. I finally got a hold of someone, and I was personally not that happy with their exchange policies. I have to pay to ship it back to them, and when it arrives to them, then they will ship mine out. I think I will just ask for a refund, cause I found another deal on the Vamo.

MVS is a great store and have dealt with them in the past. Their price wasn't the best, but their customer service is great. I guess I learned my lesson going deal hunting and compromising the customer service side of the business.

My very first response to this thread was to just return it. However, I stated that because this is what you probably would end up doing anyways. The issues you're having are "common", and if you read the forum threads, you'll see that a lot of people have seen the same buttons and leaning issues.

The button issue is due to the circuit board being slightly rotated left or right inside the tube. This can easily be adjusted, but you need to take the Vamo apart... NOT an easy task as many have found out. People have been marring/cutting up the finish on their Vamo's attempting it. I once had to take one of mine apart and it came apart quite easily... another I tried to take apart was waaaaay tougher. YMMV.

The leaning is due to how the Vamo cap and 510 connector plate is put together. This can also be fixed... if you take the Vamo apart. Some people attempt to do this from the top by wedging against the 510 connector at the base, or even installing an adapter and trying to leverage things into place. I don't recommend you attempt the repair from the top or you could crack/damage the 510 connector. Again, YMMV.

The 510 connector plate is press-fit into the top cap. The plate is taper cut, and so the further it goes into the cap, the tighter it gets. If it's wedged crooked, then the 510 connector and anything attached to the Vamo will lean. This is a crude drawing of what the plate (grey) and top cap (blue) looks like. The right image is how your vamo is most likely put together.

View attachment 210818

It's unfortunate your Vamo suffers from these problems, but any exchange, or even getting a new one, won't guarantee you won't end up with a similar Vamo. Since you already need to mail the Vamo back, (even for a refund), you may as well just have exhalevapors send you the replacement. Communicate to them that you want them to ensure that the buttons are fine and the lean is not present before shipping it to you. Still no guarantees, but at least you asked them. If they don't comply, they lose your future business and they earn a Negative feedback in the feedback forum.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico

I got and issue with a twist from MVS. They told to send it back and send me a shipping label, since was my only good ecig,, my other were blu's (dust collector now) i told them i was going to buy a mod and when i recived i was going to send back the twist,, so i purchase my vamo after 3 days i recived , print out the label and send back the twist, they offer me a refund for the twist, but what that heck i ask for a couple of vivi novas and a RDA Octopus,

Go ahead with MVS, they have exellent customer service

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread