I simply have too many attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Just two days ago I went to pick up one of my mods and confused it with one that had been sitting there for a while. Stale to say the least. So I started picking up mods, RTAs, RDAs, clearomizers, subohm tanks and going through them. I counted 20 RTAs, 12 RDAs (some VERY old like the Tsunami 24 and the Velocity 2), removed coils, washed everything and put many away. I wonder, how do you do??? I have some tanks that I love (at home I build and use a clearomizer or subohm tank to go out). I put most away in their boxes so I don't lose track of them.
One of the ideas is when cotton needs to be changed, just wash it, dry burn it and store. Go for the next one. At least until I figure out which ones really to discard.
And, oh, 2 more tanks, this time mesh, are on their way.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Just two days ago I went to pick up one of my mods and confused it with one that had been sitting there for a while. Stale to say the least. So I started picking up mods, RTAs, RDAs, clearomizers, subohm tanks and going through them. I counted 20 RTAs, 12 RDAs (some VERY old like the Tsunami 24 and the Velocity 2), removed coils, washed everything and put many away. I wonder, how do you do??? I have some tanks that I love (at home I build and use a clearomizer or subohm tank to go out). I put most away in their boxes so I don't lose track of them.
One of the ideas is when cotton needs to be changed, just wash it, dry burn it and store. Go for the next one. At least until I figure out which ones really to discard.
I diagnose a moderately accuse case of shineyitis. There is help available.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
You're fine. THIS is too many (not mine - picture "borrowed" from another forum), and the owner said this is about 60% of the total:

Yanq2Ai.jpg

I have far fewer - maybe 30 RDAs, several RDTAs, and a few subohm tanks. The attys currently being used are BF or drippers.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
As long as they fit in your house without displacing other essentials you don’t have too many.

I only have about 25, some I don’t really use anymore ( but I’ll keep them, ya never know, or I can PIF them) some are clean and ready to fill, and my new favorites are in rotation.

It’s nice to have a few extras in case I need to go somewhere and don’t have time to clean funky tanks before I go. Just fill and go.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

When I went through and decided which ones to discard I looked at which ones I actually like and use.. and which ones my husband would like and use..

I discarded the rest.

If you don't use it anymore there's a reason. It's not as good as the one in your hand.

I got multiples of the ones I really really liked..

You'll figure out your own way, that was just mine which did clear things out nicely.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The FDA scare prompted me to buy more attys just in case. I don't have a lot. If I put mine in shoe boxes with each still in their OEM box I'd probably fill three shoe boxes. There's probably 3 dozen in my collection.

I can only vape one at a time, but it's nice to swap around my favorites from time to time. Some of the ones I own came with a mod back when DTL cloud attys were all the rage. Most of those have never been used.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
I count 22 tanks and attys I have currently sitting on mods juiced up with builds in them. The two atty stands I have definitely need a good sorting, though. I've started stacking attys three high on the stands since I've run out of room. It's surprisingly difficult for me to thin the herd but I really need to do it soon if I'm going to continue to buy more stuff. As if I could resist buying stuff... Wishful thinking :lol:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have too many atomizers kinda, only I'm not sure I actually do. Usually I try to do a weed out and lets say I have a kit with a sub0hm tank I'll often give that away immediately, I know it isn't for me. What's left are backups of some of my favorites, and a bunch of tanks I may have gotten early on and been unskilled enough to wick. I'm actually fairly pleased with my backup situation, but I don't have 300 atomizers either, (although my shinyitis tells me that's a worthy goal to shoot for, hopefully the FDA will still allow it, etc.) I'm SURE I can get there. Maybe.

Anna

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The FDA scare prompted me to buy more attys just in case. I don't have a lot. If I put mine in shoe boxes with each still in their OEM box I'd probably fill three shoe boxes. There's probably 3 dozen in my collection.

I can only vape one at a time, but it's nice to swap around my favorites from time to time. Some of the ones I own came with a mod back when DTL cloud attys were all the rage. Most of those have never been used.
I bought one of those rolling carts with drawers and a door to store vaping gear. That also serves as a building and recharging station and sits quietly in a corner of my bedroom. But I also keep liquids (base and flavors to build and premade ones) in a large box in a closet because it doesn't fit. The rolling cart has been a brilliant solution! I also have "vape stations" a box with mods, attys and liquid by my side in the living room and my bedside. So I easily lose track of things, putting them down and when a new tank arrives the older gets forgotten... And so goes on!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
As long as they fit in your house without displacing other essentials you don’t have too many.

I only have about 25, some I don’t really use anymore ( but I’ll keep them, ya never know, or I can PIF them) some are clean and ready to fill, and my new favorites are in rotation.

It’s nice to have a few extras in case I need to go somewhere and don’t have time to clean funky tanks before I go. Just fill and go.
For that reason I keep quite a stock of subohm tanks. Pop a head, fill and go. Putting cotton on a rebuildable takes a while, and I generally take sunday afternoon while the soccer game is on to build quietly. I can't do it in a rush!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I bought one of those rolling carts with drawers and a door to store vaping gear. That also serves as a building and recharging station and sits quietly in a corner of my bedroom. But I also keep liquids (base and flavors to build and premade ones) in a large box in a closet because it doesn't fit. The rolling cart has been a brilliant solution! I also have "vape stations" a box with mods, attys and liquid by my side in the living room and my bedside. So I easily lose track of things, putting them down and when a new tank arrives the older gets forgotten... And so goes on!

I like the rolling cart idea.

Most of my stuff lives in the middle section of a long 3 section cabinet in the laundry room. What I use constantly sits in a small multi-pocket box designed for "stuff that was in your pockets" at night. It's supposed to sit on a dresser and hold your wallet and keys and other stuff, but I found it at the mall during Christmas. It has slots and pockets for various things and works well for juice bottles and atomizers, vape tools, small mods, etc.

My DIY stuff sits in two baskets on top of the laundry room cabinet. One has everything I need to mix and the other keeps my extra bottles of PG and VG together, along with various vaping items I don't use that often.

My nic stash is sitting in a box in the freezer in glass bottles inside Ziplock bags at 0 degrees F. It's amazing how much stuff we need to quit smoking! I used to smoke and just toss the pack when it was empty. A carton of smokes took up very little room on top of the fridge in the house.

Last edited:

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada
No such thing as too much vape gear ever! Back a few years ago vaping and getting supplies was in limbo because of government here. Well, I stocked up on everything. I literally had a freezer full of nic, and a trunk- what's called a tack trunk if you are horsey that I took the horse stuff out of and cleaned up full of batteries, mods, coils, attys. then every time I tried something new that I liked for a time I bought multiples. Now the fear of vapocalypse passed, and I had the great pleasure of helping many family, friends and friends of friends get into vaping. I'd lend out gear that I thought they would find suitable and mix them juices until we found the right combo then I would gift them whatever worked so they would then know what to buy at the vape stores which were few and far between at the time, so most folks then had confidence ordering resupply online. The trunk is now a couple toolboxes, and I keep old hardware on hand for parts or nostalgia. I still give quite a bit away to new vapours. You would be surprised how many smokers are curious, desperately want to quit but are totally overwhelmed by all the choices now. Lucky we have a few decent b&m stores here now, but the laws just changed again and they are not allowed to sample juices, or have the product promoted as smoking cessation devices. I'm not a vape shop, so I am happy to welcome folks to try this or that in my home or wherever so they have more then a foggy idea when they want to go into a shop. I actually keep a few readily available clean starter kits and juices in different flavour profiles in my car just in case. I pay it forward... back when I got into vaping 2 different gentlemen just starting up vape businesses actually came to my home to help me get started right. Without them, I believe I would have been lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread