I think I am ready for first e-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanSilver

Jun 12, 2013
Milford, MI, USA
After much confusion and research, I think I may be ready to buy my first e-cig. I am out and about a lot so I do not want something too big. I decided to go with the Vision Spinner to start. I read that a lot of people upgrade to vv, so I thought I would start there and if I like it I may get a Vamo for home use later.

So here is what I am looking at: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

Battery #1
Vision Spinner 1300mAh
Battery #2 Vision Spinner 1300mAh
Cartomizer #1 kanger EVOD eGo Clearomizer
Cartomizer #2 Vision Ego Clearomizer 2.0

As far as the Cartomizers go, I am not really sure what I want, need, or the differences. So I picked two different ones.

What do you think? Am I on the right track?

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Welcome DanSilver !
That is a excellent starting kit....
And MVS is a great vendor....
(I started with them...and still do some purchases whith MVS !)
You need a charger too and some good juice.
Get a selection of juice...and steer clear of the 'bacco' Flavors, IMHO !
You will be well pleased- and vaping away soon !

Best To You !!!

Str8_Aim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
.... Rapids,MN
I you have recommendations, please include links. There is just way too much info out there:facepalm:

Do you have a limited budget or are you free to spend some cash? Not talking about getting a top of the line mod/pv but starting out the 1300mah is a good battery to use for a day, let recharge while you sleep and start again. Maybe not get the 2nd one and buy a couple different tank type systems. Evods are good, maybe get 2-3 so you can have more than one juice available. Maybe get a 1300mah spinner/twist/etc and a smaller version also for when you are running errands and not want to take a big 1300mah battery out with you.

You are right, there are a ton of options/items/new things to take in,analyze and decide what you want or need. Keep researching and watch some Grimm Green, PBusardo, and other reviewers YouTube video's so all the text and written info doesn't just start melting together in information overload.

What you picked is a good start, better than what I jumped into and started with so you are on the right track. :toast:

Leoleoleo

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
Montreal
Hey Dan. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on making the decision to come over to the steamy side.

I think you made good decisions there. Spinners will give you the best all round flexibility and will continue to make excellent backup vapes when you need them.

Like the previous poster said, maybe you could get a twist in place of one of those spinners. 1300s are going to be big and you might like something more pocketable for out and about. I'm also an evod fan and would recommend getting two but, ultimately, having a standard clearomizer is not going to hurt. Feel free to ignore this advice. What you have already selected will get you exactly where you need to go.

Leoleoleo

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
Montreal
I personally recommend getting a Provari, especially if you have the budget.......but that's just IMO.:2c
:

With the greatest respect to greenman and to everyone who started out with a provari, I would not recommend spending hundreds of dollars on your first e-cigarette. Better to wait and confirm what you want from your vape. Plenty of time to discover that before splashing out. After all, you're still going to want backups.

Str8_Aim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
.... Rapids,MN
I personally recommend getting a Provari, especially if you have the budget.......but that's just IMO. :2c
:

That is like telling someone who is about to go from riding a bike to getting their driver's license to go out and get a Corvette for their first car. Spending $50 starting out and learning what its all about is better than dropping $200+ on something he is just learning about. The Provari is a good product but not the be all to end all. Just IMO.

Str8_Aim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
.... Rapids,MN
for an atty get a nova a cartomiser get a dct locking tank and for drips get either a octopus an optimus or a phoenix also get a roll of kanthall wire like 30 ga amazon has it and some either cotton or bamboo wicks from like hobby lobby

Again...not something someone just starting out should jump right into.

Str8_Aim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
.... Rapids,MN
I went from Blu cigalikes to a eGo Twist 900mah. Worked great till I leveled up to my next mod and is now a good back up. It wasn't too big or too small and got me by while I learned what I wanted out of my vape. Not saying that is where you need to start, just my experience. Are there any local shops near you? If so, it would be good if you could go in and put these items in your hand to see what feels good to you.

Leoleoleo

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
Montreal
Is there a smaller battery that will fit on what I am getting?
Is the Twist in the drop down options smaller?

I started with 2 650s. Each lasted me more than a day. Mileage varies with these things. By and large, if you were a heavy smoker, you'll get through more batteries but we don't vape the way we smoked and it can go either way. I still use my 650s and they slip nicely into my top pocket.

Not sure I want slower longer draws. Based on that, is the evod a bad choice?

My advice: don't worry about this. Tight or loose draw is entirely a matter of personal preference. Until you have tried out a few different systems, you will have no frame of reference for this. All e-cigarettes require a longer, slower draw than a regular cigarette (with very few exceptions). The looser draw of the evod does not mean you will have to take a longer slower draw than something with a tighter draw.

SkinyFatMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
I went from Blu cigalikes to a eGo Twist 900mah. Worked great till I leveled up to my next mod and is now a good back up. It wasn't too big or too small and got me by while I learned what I wanted out of my vape. Not saying that is where you need to start, just my experience. Are there any local shops near you? If so, it would be good if you could go in and put these items in your hand to see what feels good to you.

I too went from "cig-a-like" to eGo Twist. I have now upgraded to the eVic and definitely recommend that you SKIP the first step and just jump right into the eGo Twist. They are smaller than the more expensive mods, they get you used to vaping without breaking the budget, and are good enough to use even after you have stepped up to a more expensive mod. I personally like the ability to change out the batteries on my eVic or the better mods, but when I was first looking around, I was going "Why would someone want a vaper that big? I'd never need something that big".

I would have saved a lot of money if I had just gone bigger first. Live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread