I think i got this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Ross

Dec 10, 2015
Been vaping a few months. I've been running an Anubis RDA with a coil of 4 strands of 26 AWG Nichrone twisted with 4 wraps on one of those little blue screw drivers which is the second best build ive had for clouds, an ICloud 571 with the same coils which ive gotten the best clouds ive personally seen, and a Tugboat V2 with dual crown coils of the same wire meh its ight, all used on a Sigelei Fu Chai. On occasion ill use my Anubis Mech Mod but usually not because the button has a sweet spot. Battery is an Imren IMR 3.7 2500 MAH 40A max. i have no clue what any of the resistance is on any of them which isnt too much a concern but a ball park, if possible would be interesting. main question is is it true if you crank the amps up with a higher voltage capable box mod, then you van build coils with crazy (within some limit that i dont even know what it is) high resistance and get super clouds? i dont understand the science behind it which has me more interested than anything. this is just something im guessing on because from what ive read and come to the conclusion of clouds for mech=low/sub ohm+lower watts+lower voltage; clouds for regulated box=high ohm+high watt+high volts. im wanting to buy a box mod and i was going to look for one with high volt capabilities over 100w but need an expert opinion. i want people to call the fire department from cloud production lmao.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
For safety's sake you shouldn't fire a coil using a mechanical without first checking for shorts & measuring resistance using an ohm/multi meter.
If you have no way of knowing your coils resistance then you have no way of knowing if you're over taxing your battery(s) continuous discharge rate expressed in amps. (CDR).

Your 2500mah Imren is not actually a 40a battery that is a false marketing hype rating/claim.
It is actually a 20a CDR, at best.

Using a mechanical/RBA set up the resistance of the coil means everything and should be your main concern. Resistance determines how hard you're pushing / how many amps you're demanding from a battery.
Pushing a battery too hard can cause a dangerous situation where the battery can vent or go into thermal runaway.
If the tube doesn't have adequate ventilation or the vents are blocked with debris from the battery vent/thermal runaway, it can rupture / explode.

There are no saftey features when using a mech / rba setup other than the one between the users ears.
If you don't understand the 'science' & don't have the necessary equipment to measure resistance & voltage & test for shorts it is best not to use it (your mech / rba set up) at all until you gain the knowledge & experience to use it safely.

There are dozens of regulated variable volt/watt & temp control power devices that have built in saftey features to chose from.
You can crank up the power output all you want on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread