I think I like vaping a bit too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete737

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Rhode Island
Well Ive been vaping for 16 days now on my cigotine. I have not touched a ciggy in this time. I have been researching this hobby heavily for the better part of a week and I am blown away so far! The thought of my morning coffee with a cigarette is discusting! I am so used to vaping menthol now!

Now I have quit cigarettes before, I went cold turkey from july 07 to may 08. It was not fun and I used to love to be around ppl that smoked just to get the smell. My friend came over last night and asked to fire up a marlboro menthol in my living room, I said sure, I have my e-cigs now, No big deal. Well after a couple minutes I was totally grossed out!! I cannot believe how creepy those things smell after getting used to vaping!!

Anyway, So Ive decided to purchase another PV! I ordered a smoov starter kit and a bunch of juices friday night and decided I would like something for more serious vaping around the house!

Where would you guys recommened I start looking? Would a 501 unit be good for what I described? I would like a cartomizer system.

Thanks so much guys! Pete

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
A bigger battery with longer life but the same basic idea as a 510 is a Riva. You can get a kit that comes with cartomizers here: Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510
They're not the only vendor out there, I just order from them and like their prices so I recommend what I know : )

Welcome to ECF. You're right, it's amazing how unappealing cigs smell and taste after switching!

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you want a long and good vape, get an (XL) usb ego-c battery and some smok ego mega dual carto's. It doesn't set you back alot, and is certainly worth trying. And gives a very good throat hit, lots of flavor, ease of charging, vape while you charge ... And even the XL isn't that large

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Hi Pete!

I was in the same situation as you just a few weeks ago. I started with a 901t setup, which was fine for about a week, then I really started enjoying the vapor. Once I started reading ECF, I decided to move to an eGo-C system and I've been a happy vaping fool ever since. There are lots of different options with the 510 format, so you may end up trying a few different configurations before you find one that really works best for you.

CrazyPeteAlive

Mar 10, 2012
sacramento
I switched over to a VP a month and a half ago and I always use to smoke in my apt and let friends smoke inside also . I have noticed when they come over and smoke now its a disgusting and I scratch my head wondering why I allowed and did that myself for so long . I am thinking its about time to throw away my ash trays so no one thinks about smoking inside my apt again lol

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Even though money is no object, be sure to check out the Discount coupon list for possible savings offered to first-time purchasers, ECF members or general discount codes. My linking doesn't work (think I need a new keyboard) but someone might post a link to it here if you can't find it.

Didos

Feb 7, 2012
România
I switched over to a VP a month and a half ago and I always use to smoke in my apt and let friends smoke inside also . I have noticed when they come over and smoke now its a disgusting and I scratch my head wondering why I allowed and did that myself for so long . I am thinking its about time to throw away my ash trays so no one thinks about smoking inside my apt again lol

So true, I used to smoke A LOT and switched to vaping without looking back, as soon as i discovered this wonderful world of living healthy. Now i can smell cigarette smoke a mile away, not a pleasant smell to be honest...

chriscmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Milton, WI
Welcome. Pete! I'd agree with Dirquist, but for a (quite) bit less you might want to try out a lavatube. The -Go (e,i,k, etc) are good, but I've really come to appreciate the regulation inherent in the variable-voltage mods, plus the fact that you can swap out the battery rather than switching the main body for a recharge. The Lavatube uses an 18650 1600 mah battery that'll keep you going all day, and once you have the voltage you like dialed in, it stays there. I have a Buzz Pro that I prefer, but the LT is cheaper and a good starting point before juming in to a Buzz or Provari or Darwin.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
If money is no object get something with removable, rechargable batteries that will hold it's resale value and give good performance. To get a feel for some options find the "pictures of your set up" thread. There are tons of beautiful mods pictured there.

I think that the semi-disposables are ok but that a durable, well reputed mod will last a lifetime. JMHO though. Good luck with whatever you go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread