I thought the lower the ohms the higher the wattage needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
IMO
Get a Kangertech Mini wiith .5 ohm coil.
You can set the air flow to tight, like your nautilus, and if you want, opon to full flow/crank up the watts/ and enjoy!
When the nautilus was my everyday tank and I was doing MTL hits, I got the Subtank Mini and hated it. Even at the tightest airflow, it was just too airy for me to MTL. Once I taught myself to do lung hits, I was able to use the Subtank Mini.

Reactions: Gahh

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
GeminEye, I'm also an MTL tootle puffer, and I think the best tank on the market right now is the GS Air M. I have a couple of Nautilus minis and like them. They give nice flavor and a nice vape. But I think the GS Air just blows it away. And the coils last a whole lot longer. On top of that, it is really inexpensive - about $10 at Sweet Vapes. We have a big long thread on the GS Air that you might want to check out. A lot of nice people, good conversation, and a lot of help should any problems come up (and I've had very few with this tank). Here is the thread:

Eleaf GS Air Fan | E-Cigarette Forum

That thread is up to 586 pages, so you might want to start at the end. :D

The Atlantis and Subtank are great tanks for a lot of people, but not for people who do MTL. Even though you can turn their airflow down. They just weren't made for MTL vaping. Better to get something that is.

OT: Did you get your Disrupter yet? I won mine a couple weeks ago and am still waiting for it.

Reactions: GemInEye

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
GeminEye, I'm also an MTL tootle puffer, and I think the best tank on the market right now is the GS Air M. I have a couple of Nautilus minis and like them. They give nice flavor and a nice vape. But I think the GS Air just blows it away. And the coils last a whole lot longer. On top of that, it is really inexpensive - about $10 at Sweet Vapes. We have a big long thread on the GS Air that you might want to check out. A lot of nice people, good conversation, and a lot of help should any problems come up (and I've had very few with this tank). Here is the thread:

Eleaf GS Air Fan | E-Cigarette Forum

That thread is up to 586 pages, so you might want to start at the end. :D

The Atlantis and Subtank are great tanks for a lot of people, but not for people who do MTL. Even though you can turn their airflow down. They just weren't made for MTL vaping. Better to get something that is.

OT: Did you get your Disrupter yet? I won mine a couple weeks ago and am still waiting for it.

I heard of the gs air but had a hard time finding reviews for them on youtube. I kept finding gs air m ..maybe i have to search longer..i think it was late. i will check it out again. I have not gotten it yet..i think i have a few weeks to go yet..because i just won on Monday. So im trying to be patient...i got gold and aquamarine but man that pink and silver looks awesome...
I use my minis anywhere from half open to all the way open..who knew closed was closed all the way up?lol I just figured i need a bigger tank..i have to refill my tank several times a day now and while they look cute on my cf4 i thought i better try something bigger.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Yes, there haven't been much in the way of YouTube reviews on the GS Air tanks. I'm really not sure why. Everyone who tries it is immediately converted. That's why our thread has gotten so big. The GS Air M has a 4 mil capacity, which is why it's my favorite. I get tired of filling tanks all the time. That's the one I would get, unless you want something smaller for stealth vaping, in which case the GS Air MS would be the best. It holds 2.5 mils if I remember correctly.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
wire gauge wraps of coil all matter on how much wattage is needed to produce a desired vape. Some people are going to saw the ohms law bla bla, but that is really just too cut and dry and does not factor in all aspects. Using figurative numbers, using 22 gauge wire we build a coil 3 wrap coil with an id at 3mm that meters a resistance of .1 then we build one the same but we do 8 wraps that meters at .3 Now apply 60 watts to the .1 coil then apply it to the .3 coil and you can guess which one will heat much faster im sure.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
When the Nautilus was my everyday tank and I was doing MTL hits, I got the Subtank Mini and hated it. Even at the tightest airflow, it was just too airy for me to MTL. Once I taught myself to do lung hits, I was able to use the Subtank Mini.
Pretty much the same with me except it was before the sub ohm age that I got into straight lung hits.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
What does .3 at 80 watts give you? or 1.0 at 50 watts
I've tried the 0.3 at 80 watts and it just starts to give a hint of burnt juice. And the vape gets really warm. That's when I have to actually start vaping with the top airflow open. On the 1.0 ohm coil, I'm vaping it at 40 watts on a MVP 3 Pro. Don't really like it. Doesn't produce enough vapor for me. If I bump it up to 50 watts, the juice starts to burn a bit.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Let's see now, I've got a .6 ohm 24 AWG coil that I'm running at...17 watts/3.2 volts. But I like taking long, slow drags so there's tinge for it to heat up.
So you're doing like 15-20 second inhales? Try as I might, the longest inhale I can do is 10 seconds.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Wire Ga.
In order to build a small diameter coil with enough wraps and maintain low resistance you require a thicker(lower Ga.) Wire.
More power(wattage) is required to produce the same heat as a Higher resistance high ga.wire - 1.4ohms on 28.ga or 2.2ohms on 32ga.
The difference in Vape has to do with handling more e-liquid flow and air flow.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread