I vaped at a karaoke bar last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
To the absolute horror of my wife, I was puffing away like a train in a non-smoking karaoke bar. There was one hell of a snow storm and while other people went outside to smoke, I sat there with our friends and puff-puff-puffed away. This new eliquid I got, makes thick vapor that hangs in the air and I had a little cloud about me but not a single person even seemed to look at me cross.

The guy serving our drinks didn't even ask me what I was doing as he came to the table as I exhaled a nice cloud of vapor. I was a bit disappointed that he didn't even seem interested. Makes me wonder what would he have done had I been smoking a real cig? Maybe it just doesn't register because it doesn't smell like smoke?

Last week I went to a Mexican restaurant and lady sitting a couple of tables away made a comment to me about Colorado having an indoor smoking ban. I turned around and explained what it was and while she didn't say anything else and peered at me suspiciously, her friend that was sitting with her who was dying of lung cancer, seemed very interested in it and eagerly asked me to "hit it again". She seemed quite amazed and said she wished she had heard about e-cigs a long time ago. Actually, it was quite sad... :(

Anyway, I also tried vaping my e-cig while perusing the cheese at the Deli in a Safeway and no one even commented. Even as I was standing there waiting in line and vaping in close proximity of the other people in line, not a peep. I mean I know they saw me, I'm hard to miss ;). Maybe it's because I'm a crazy looking fat dude?

Heh. On a side note, this Pure Smoker menthol eliquid looks a lot like analog smoke, if it was any thicker, it'd look like I was smoking .... in public. :lol:

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
when vaping indoors (in non smoking buildings) i've had similar experiences - people looking and staring and whispering, but not one word said. Many didnt even seem to notice. When vaping outdoors, though, i've had non-smokers do the face fanning bit, the *cough cough* bit, move upwind from me, etc. Go figure

Good to see you posting; was wondering how colorado members such as yourself were doing, what with the snowstorm and all. Supposed to be in my area (okla) later today *ugh* At least we wont get hit as hard as y'all did.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
when vaping indoors (in non smoking buildings) i've had similar experiences - people looking and staring and whispering, but not one word said. Many didnt even seem to notice. When vaping outdoors, though, i've had non-smokers do the face fanning bit, the *cough cough* bit, move upwind from me, etc. Go figure

Good to see you posting; was wondering how colorado members such as yourself were doing, what with the snowstorm and all. Supposed to be in my area (okla) later today *ugh* At least we wont get hit as hard as y'all did.

I live just south of Denver (zip 80246) so we got hit with about a foot of snow! The wind was moving snow sideways and roads were caked with snow and icy.

I'm really curious about the psychological aspects of spectators to vaping vs smoking indoors. I think it's hilarious that no a single person in that karaoke bar said a word to me! Thinking back, it could be that they were drunk enough not to notice but the guys bringing rounds to our table didn't even seem to notice the clouds of "smoke".

My next doctor appointment, I'm going to try vaping in the waiting room if there's no kids around. I want to see if the receptionist or anyone comments. That'll give me an excuse to explain what it is. It's hard to just bring it out and say, Hey, check this out. without prompt. I wish more people knew about this. I've got lots of family and friends interested in e-smoking, least of all, my father-in-law who desperately needs something like e-cigs because smoking is killing him with the emphysemia and COPD. No matter what, he just can't quit the cancer sticks.

I think e-cigs are so awesome I want to smoke them everywhere. Even if non-smokers question me about it, I'm sure they know someone who smokes.

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
^ a foot of snow? Yikes!!!!!

I hear ya. I wish every smoker out there had one of these marvels, or at least knew about them. If they would have been around 30 years ago, they might have kept my father from getting (and dying from) lung cancer. In only a few weeks of using ecigs, my constant cough has gone away (I can even bend over without going into coughing fits - something I couldnt do before), shortness of breath is better, and tightness in chest is improving.

Denni

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2008
UK
denni-schnapp.livejournal.com
I'm getting the opposite reception at my local pub. Every time I vape, somebody tells me to "take it outside", even when I'm taking the thing apart and hand them a card that explains what it is.

The couple who run the pub know and gave me permission to vape indoors. I think they'd rather see business pick up as more people opt for e-cigs instead of staying at home on cold/rainy days. Last Friday when a table of four smokers started laying into me, the landlady came over and had a word with them, but to no effect.

I tend to stay at home these days.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
^ a foot of snow? Yikes!!!!!

I hear ya. I wish every smoker out there had one of these marvels, or at least knew about them. If they would have been around 30 years ago, they might have kept my father from getting (and dying from) lung cancer. In only a few weeks of using ecigs, my constant cough has gone away (I can even bend over without going into coughing fits - something I couldnt do before), shortness of breath is better, and tightness in chest is improving.

Along with my father-in-law (who's been a smoker for over 55 years) I'm trying to get my neighbors who are both lifelong smokers to convert to e-cigs. This elderly couple is really sweet, they're really nice people. The husband used to be a tobacco, cigarette and cigar salesman for over 30 years. The other day I let him take a drag off my e-cig and his reaction was this, "Holy shít, that's AMAZING!". He's in his early 80's and has been smoking since he was a teen and his wife who is close to 70 is permanently on oxygen and was a smoker her whole adult life. All my in-laws are wanting e-cigs, along with a few of my friends.

I'm planning on coordinating a bulk order with people I know that want it, that way it'll be cheaper for everyone. This is technology that could improve the way of life for many, many people.

I actually think if you're a vaporer that you should smoke e-cigs whenever possible, in public, and do your best to spread the word-- I mean, it is quite possible it could save someone's life. I just wish this damn ban wasn't hanging over our heads...

I'm getting the opposite reception at my local pub. Every time I vape, somebody tells me to "take it outside", even when I'm taking the thing apart and hand them a card that explains what it is.

The couple who run the pub know and gave me permission to vape indoors. I think they'd rather see business pick up as more people opt for e-cigs instead of staying at home on cold/rainy days. Last Friday when a table of four smokers started laying into me, the landlady came over and had a word with them, but to no effect.

I tend to stay at home these days.

That is very close-minded of them to still think it's bad. You should keep trying though, because if you convert just one person, you could be saving their life. No reason to feel ashamed for vaping!!

v2x

Moved On
Feb 6, 2009
www.vaporguys.com

My partner and I were recently in a rock band together and we vaped at our gigs. Everyone was really cool and genuinely intrigued by eCigs until one of our last gigs... The owner of the bar, who happened to be completely trashed at the time, told my partner to leave the bar, not realizing he was the bassist in the band. LOL!:p

v2x

malorama

Mar 29, 2009
Hi all,

I'm a journalism student at Ryerson University in Toronto, Ontario working on a story about electronic cigarettes. I'm hoping one of you (preferably Canadian) would be interested in answering a few questions for me. I'm not taking sides in the article,merely writing about the cigarettes and their popularity.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact me at:
blistex19871987@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Curtis

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Nashville, TN
To the absolute horror of my wife,

Ha! I know what you mean. My girlfriend and I were in this nice Japanese restaurant. After dinner, I pulled out my penstyle and took a hit. She immediately whined, "Please don't cause a problem." So I put it away. Yesterday we were shopping at Wal-Mart and I made her push the cart so I could puff on my Pilot. She didn't say anything and neither did anyone else. Although, I wasn't exactly flaunting it.

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
I vape everywhere I go, walmart, bars, clubs, and even work. I do not flaunt it by any means. No one is ever suspicious, or at least they never say anything. What a laugh to be able to someday tell people that I have been doing this for months, no smell so no one notices. I even vaped in my manager's bath room, lol. I can't say enough good about the e cig. We all know the benefits of them, we now must pass those benefits on to the non smokers who think we are out to give them lung cancer. This is a battle we cannot lose again. We should not have to vape outside or in designated areas.

rsmith76

CandyGirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Hi all,

I'm a journalism student at Ryerson University in Toronto, Ontario working on a story about electronic cigarettes. I'm hoping one of you (preferably Canadian) would be interested in answering a few questions for me. I'm not taking sides in the article,merely writing about the cigarettes and their popularity.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact me at:
blistex19871987@hotmail.com

Thanks!

i hope Nuck doesn't respond. not looking forward to seeing him in his new ensemble on the cover of the RU paper. especially if he finds a cape to go with it. :D

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Glad to see the request, not sure why it's buried in this thread. Kind of an odd email address for a journalism student-on-a-story to be using....

Supposedly new member accounts can only post in the New Member forum but I've seen a few posts like this one sneak in. Wonder if something is wrong with the board settings...

djxt

Mar 20, 2009
Well, in New Mexico I was at this bar, and after about 30 minutes of esmoking, the waitress said I cant smoke it in the bar, even if it IS electronic. She new it was an ecig, so that kinda ...... me off. I guess its because other customers noticed and had to "tell on me." They obviously had no clue about the ecig Im guessing... So far, other than driving around and work, thats the only public place Ive smoked. But a bar for heavens sake? Come on!

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Supposedly new member accounts can only post in the New Member forum but I've seen a few posts like this one sneak in. Wonder if something is wrong with the board settings...

New members can't start new threads anywhere else besides the New Member forum, but are able to reply to a post anywhere.

:D

SilverEagleBW

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
Yeah,well,a few weeks ago,i took my son who had a few beers out for a late night breakfast,was like 2 am.So,on the way we talked about how we WERE going to smoke our e cigs there.We pull into the parking lot,POLICE CARS,omg,,,we went in,you bet three cops sitting there having breakfast,we put our e cigs away and fast,call us CHICKENS,,,,,cluck,cluck,hehe:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread