• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I want a cigarette!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiffany Smeggin Peak

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2012
Wilton IA USA
honestly I just set a goal and did it, I was a smoker of 10 years, and to show you how different everyone is, after I got my ego-t and RY4 juice (and others), I cut my ciggys down from 20 to 5 to 0 a day. The 0 came along when i just said Eff this! they're expensive and stink! 10 days after no ciggys, took 1 puff and OMG soooo awful. I guess that I just forced myself to, and it worked :)
BTW I used to smoke camel wides, and I could seriously chain smoke till I was sick, now 18 mg is good enough for me, 24 gives me the jitters, so it doesn't always translate the way you think it would

Last edited:

-Lew-

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Cardiff UK
honestly I just set a goal and did it, I was a smoker of 10 years, and to show you how different everyone is, after I got my ego-t and RY4 juice (and others), I cut my ciggys down from 20 to 5 to 0 a day. The 0 came along when i just said Eff this! they're expensive and stink! 10 days after no ciggys, took 1 puff and OMG soooo awful. I guess that I just forced myself to, and it worked :)
BTW I used to smoke camel wides, and I could seriously chain smoke till I was sick, now 18 mg is good enough for me, 24 gives me the jitters, so it doesn't always translate the way you think it would

I'm going to get some of the RY-4 on my next shop as I've heard good things about it but I also want to try all the fruity flavours too! I'm loving grape at the moment.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
:)
Hi guys,
I'm totally new to vaping. Had my last ciggy 4 days ago and was surprised how easy the switch was. However, I'm now starting to crave a cigarette, I keep trying to justify having one and constant vaping is the only way of stoping the craving! Does anyone have any tips to help me, or is it just a case of will power?
Thanks, Lew

It's only been 4 days since you started vaping, if you have a craving to smoke, go ahead and light up. Don't beat yourself up. The day will come when you light one up and gag, and that will be the day you can really say you're an ex-smoker. The more you fear you're going to fail vaping, the worse the cravings for cigarettes.

I smoked and vaped for 1 1/2 weeks before I gagged on that last cigarettes. I know I'm an ex-smoker now because I do not enjoy gagging on anything.

Vape on and enjoy the journey. It's not a matter of all or nothing at all.:vapor:

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
Lew, in repose to uping nic. % - This is totaly ok. Nic is not that bad for you. Its all the other chemicals in the coffin nails that are bad. Nicotine itself can be compaired to caffine in its dangers. (you can look up a lot of research here on this) So upping nic is no problem if you need to. You will know when you have had to much. You will feal dizzy and light headed. The fact that nic gets all the focuss on problems with smoking is sad. Nic in its natural state is far from the cancer demon. Smoke by the fact that something is burning is cancerouse, as is all the x tra crap they put in the tobbacco, but again, nic is not so bad. This took a while to sink in to my head, but after reading the research, I can honnestly tell you uping the nic may help.

Tiffany Smeggin Peak

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2012
Wilton IA USA
I'm going to get some of the RY-4 on my next shop as I've heard good things about it but I also want to try all the fruity flavours too! I'm loving grape at the moment.
the reason why I say that going with RY4 or 555 types helped me so much, was they still have a tobacco taste, but taste so much better, reminded me how bad a cig tastes.

DMAudio

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2012
Zoocastle
As has been said, it's not the ones you do have, but the ones you dont have. When the urge hits, always try vaping 1st. If that doesn't succeed, just have one. I promise you'll feel guilty enough to not want to finish it or have another one. I've been in the same boat and after a week it's getting easier, and coming here always seems to help too.

Good luck and keep it up! :D

DM

-Lew-

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Cardiff UK
I feel much better today, guys! I still feel like I want one but its definitely not as bad as yesterday. I also bought myself some pear drops to munch between vapes which seems to be working!

The hardest thing in my opinion is when friends smoke around you. So I've been trying to convert them all to vaping lol.

I converted someone at work today. She bought a kit and a few juices while we were on our break!

Roszam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Malta
For my first week I kept a pack of 5 cigs in my purse. My just in case....dead battery, just gotta have one, etc.
Day 2 one of my clients wanted to go out and have a smoke- I vaped she smoked :). When we came inside I could smell it on her hands eww. I smelled like that to my clients.
Evening of day 3 I decided to have a cig. 3 puffs- done! Yuck! Ok I can do this.
Day 8 husband walks me to my car to see me off to work, I hand him the ashtray. He goes to empty it and comes back and says "it was empty." reply with a proud smile "I know" he went to hand it back to me and I proudly replied "I don't need it any more"
Day 10 the Pack of 5 cigs came out of my purse and is not planning on a return.
This is the first time in over 25 years I am smoke free. Tomorrow is 3 weeks.
Everyone's journey is different. Smoking one cig will not kill you but continuing to smoke can. Make your vaping journey a positive one. Stay on ecf everyone here is here to help

Congrats. Keep it up!

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
It is good that you got a friend to vape with - support helps enormously. When I first started 2 years ago, I vaped 36mg juice and I had a mindset that I would quit smoking the stinkies. I had a few cravings at first, but I just put it out of my mind and vaped more.

I had no side effects from increasing the vaping - it is true that the nicotine delivery is different than with cigarettes. It is a muted effect in comparison. Just take a long, heavy hit from your PV - you don't get that same 'buzz' as if you had an analog.

When I got into DIY juices, I even went as high as 44mg for a while with no ill effects. 'Course everyone's physiology is different, and I don't recommend this to anyone. I have now settled on 24mg - 33mg nic range and I am comfortable with this.

Lbox88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
West Michigan
smell a wet ashtray if you havent already emptied all of them.You'll lose the urge to smoke :)

:shiver: I just gagged a little bit. I was outside today so I could vape free from workers and the wind shifted, causing the smell of the cig tray to hit me. It's one of those tall plastic ones with holes in it that they put a bucket of water in in the bottom to catch the cigs with.
vomit-smiley-31.gif

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
:shiver: I just gagged a little bit. I was outside today so I could vape free from workers and the wind shifted, causing the smell of the cig tray to hit me. It's one of those tall plastic ones with holes in it that they put a bucket of water in in the bottom to catch the cigs with.
vomit-smiley-31.gif

There's nothing worse than the smell of one of those things when a lit one starts smoldering the whole pile of butts. (I think I taste a bit of gagged-up bile!)

souvik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
India
Hi guys,

I'm totally new to vaping. Had my last ciggy 4 days ago and was surprised how easy the switch was. However, I'm now starting to crave a cigarette, I keep trying to justify having one and constant vaping is the only way of stoping the craving! Does anyone have any tips to help me, or is it just a case of will power?

Thanks, Lew

Lew ....buddy...relax...if you are craving for a cig...here's what I suggest you to do..GO AND SMOKE THAT CIG...surprised? well don't be, I went through the similar phase....I was under the fear that once I smoked again after a week or so, I'll go back to smoking...well it didn't work like that for me ...when I had that ..., it was disgusting hated every moment of it, it was like taking a mouthful of dust...it will only remind you , why you left it and how great vaping is...all this while you feared the addiction of smoking, well don't under estimate the grasp of Vaping :D hehe......

Happy Vaping

Linz13

Oct 25, 2012
Ayr
Hiya,
I'm also new to vaping but in 11 days have had no notion for a real ciggy. The first few days were a novelty but after having so many draws of my e-cig and thinking I was finished, I'd find myself going back for a few more. It's tricky trying to suss out how many puffs would be the same as a full ciggie when it doesn't smoke/reduce in size etc. That was on trials of 18mg nicotine, so when I put in 1st proper order I upped to 24gm which, for me, has def helped.....again it's personal choice / need etc but if you're still craving have a few more puffs of your e-cig til it subsides and try a higher % next time.....keep at it...you're doing great!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread