The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I want to talk about percentages

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by SloHand, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SloHand

SloHand Eh? Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2011
    Kingston, Ontario
    As a DIY'er I have pretty much stayed within the 15% of flavoring on any of my mixes. I have heard some DIY'ers use as much as 40% flavoring or more (Wow!)

Is this really happening?

2. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    From everything I've read the rule of thumb is not to go above 20% total combined flavoring. But on the other hand what ever works for you is good.

3. Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2013
    Flat Rock, MI, USA
    I guess it depends on how concentrated the flavors are. From Mount Baker Vapor's site: "We recommend the concentrate to be mixed at 15% - 40% with unflavored Nicotine Juice". I believe they use Flavor West. I think 40% is too much, but I have never used FW.

I'm usually between 8-15% but have went as high as ~20% on a few complex bakery recipes.

Cheers,
    Steve

4. Ohms Lawbreaker

Ohms Lawbreaker Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Right Behind You
    Because some flavors are less concentrated than others, and because I use a high VG-to-PG ratio, I can sometimes push a flavor to 30%. One thing is for sure, I go by my own tastes and so should everyone. If it tastes good, vape it!

5. BakuPeg

BakuPeg Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2012
    Gainesville, Ga
    it all depends on how weak or strong the flavor is. some super concentrates are best go 2 to 3 percent. Other flavors are pretty weak and need a much higher percentage. It doesn't mean flavors are bad just some require a higher percentage than others. then of course some people have more sensitive pallets then the rest of us. So flavoring is really subjective but you can follow basic guidelines and tweak to your own preference. That's one of the enjoyments in doing it yourself

6. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Some folks need to try DaMulta's Sweet Tart recipe...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.