I was very sad, then happy, now sad again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I bought a GLV2 Mini a while ago (blue purple flip flop) that I gave to my sister to use. She loved it, but she has mod envy and kept eying my ProVari. Well, one day I put mine down somewhere in a store, and walked off and left it. I scoured the store and didn't find it, the Customer Service desk said they'd call if someone turned it in (but don't count on it) and after a couple of days I ordered a replacement. The day after that, the store called me, and I had 3 ProVaris (I keep one as a backup). So one went to sister and the GLV was abandoned in a drawer. I thought about it a couple of days ago when a coworker said he wanted to quit and I offered it up. I even brought it in yesterday to give to him, but he was out at a vendor site, so I had this GLV2 Mini that I'd never even tried sitting on my desk, and I thought what the heck....

Snickerdoodle Cookie in a 2.1 ohm carto on a freshly charged CR123 and take a puff and - hey, that's not bad. And wow, this really does fit perfectly in my hand. And that button is in the perfect spot. I carried both around for an hour or so, then turned off my ProVari and put it in my backpack and used the GLV2 all day. And I really kinda liked it. I was very sad when coworker showed up this morning and was ready to take it. But I did the right thing, and I handed it over.

And then I saw a GLV3 Mini for sale in the classifieds. And that button really is in the perfect spot. It's not blue purple flip flop, but black and sparkly can be good, too. And the seller was willing to work with me - I refuse to do PayPal - and listed it as sold and took it off the market after we'd worked out an agreement. I was happy.

But now I'm waiting for it to be sent to me, and then I'll be waiting for it to get here. So I'm sad again.

Wingapo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Taos, NM
And that my friend is the curse of all soon to be GLV users, the waiting. But more than any other mod out there part of the fun of owning a GLV is the wait to get it. It drives you nuts and really amps you up for the mailman stalk near the end of your waiting adventure. When that sweet little vape machine is in your hand then you will once again experience the nirvana that is a GLV.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
BTW - for anyone looking for the perfect case to carry a Mini, I can recommend the zipped eGo case that Route66 sells. It has little mesh pockets sewn in it that perfectly fit spare cartos, a couple spare batteries, and the GLV Mini. It's convenient, organized and comes in a variety of colors. I'm going to wait till my new Mini shows up and measure it to see if it'll also fit the GLV3 Mini.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I'm looking for a back up to my Provari..if you like this Mod it must be good..Maybe that will be my next purchase or another Provari...I would like a box mod too...I want them all

It is good. I've ordered some low (well, lower than I normally use) resistance cartos - 2.0 ohm Boge - to use on it, since it's 4.2-3.5 volts. But it's small, convenient to carry around, and it just fits. I miss it from yesterday, but my ProVari is seeing me through. LOL. I probably won't have this one till toward the end of next week.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
Got my GLV3 Mini, got my zippered case, and once I get a small (very easy to correct) glitch straightened out, I'll be toting this thing around everywhere I go. Jay offered to fix it for me, but why be without it when I don't have to?

ego_case.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread