Status
Not open for further replies.

rockmissjess

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Prescott, AZ
Why dont you try just carto's first?

Then, if you like them, get a tank.

They are very cheap, and very consistant (once you learn how to fill them properly).

I use carto tanks some times, but mostly I just use carto's. They last about as long as a pack of smokes, and they are easy to fill.

they last a day? :(

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
Have you tried "hot swapping" with the flanged. It works with tanks that have no true top or bottom.
( If I botch this explanation...someone else please jump in and correct me. :) )

Use a new carto to push the old one out. If the tank isn't too full, it's actually easy peasy.

My first try, I just did it over the kitchen sink, and kind of held my breath. :laugh: But try it sometime.
Use your tank tool to get it started, take that out, then use your new carto to finish pushing through.
If the tank isn't full, as you get to about halfway, just invert it so the liquid goes to the other side.

I've even left the little doughnut thing in that comes in the new one.

If you have no interest in that, just ignore. :)

I have a hot swap in my blog entries with an ibtanked. I guess you could go opposite way with flanged but the smoktech UDCT tanks it is not possible to hot swap. I honestly thought all flanged tanks had a locking ring!

As far as the comments on a carto performing as well without a tank i disagree. Cartos wick heavily from the sides, and not that well from above or below. Having a hole to absorb juice from the sides improves wicking substantially. I have Boge LR cartos, they do not vape as well at higher wattage and I can drive them to give me a burnt flavor.

Last edited:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a hot swap in my blog entries with an ibtanked. I guess you could go opposite way with flanged but the smoktech UDCT tanks it is not possible to hot swap. I honestly thought all flanged tanks had a locking ring!

As far as the comments on a carto performing as well without a tank i disagree. Cartos wick heavily from the sides, and not that well from above or below. Having a hole to absorb juice from the sides improves wicking substantially. I have Boge LR cartos, they do not vape as well at higher wattage and I can drive them to give me a burnt flavor.

I really debated even posting that, I figured you knew it already. Ah well, maybe it helped someone who didn't. :)
I've only ever tried the IBT, but I knew that with some tank styles you could not hot swap.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
Last edited:

rockmissjess

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Prescott, AZ
I need tires too. What I do have is a couple of boge cartos and a cheap plastic tank I could mail you.

I've got information man! New ..... has come to light!

Yeah my husbands tires literally split down the road this weekend (saturday) im gonna have to order the tires this friday then pay for them next week to be put on :( sucks.. tires are so freakin expensive :(

chapeltown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
Yeah my husbands tires literally split down the road this weekend (saturday) im gonna have to order the tires this friday then pay for them next week to be put on :( sucks.. tires are so freakin expensive :(

Tire are incredibly expensive. I am so sorry. It is always so hard to have a financial emergency.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
And, as a warning, I tried the Smok, and didn't like it. So I kept reading, and everyone said IBT, so I tried it, and I still don't like cartos. So I really don't recommend spending that much money. If you don't like cartos by themselves, the tank won't make you like them any better.

Interesting. Glad I read this. I have been tempted to try a carto tank. But I really don't care for cartos alone. They are the main reason I went with clearos in the first place. Looks like this may not be a step in the right direction for me.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Interesting. Glad I read this. I have been tempted to try a carto tank. But I really don't care for cartos alone. They are the main reason I went with clearos in the first place. Looks like this may not be a step in the right direction for me.
A huge part of vaping is finding what works best for you as an individual. This is an adventure for each of us. No one device is going to fit every person's expectations, and everyone's experience will be somewhat different with each device. This is why there are so many juice attachments on the market. Options are aplenty, and that is a good thing.

I've tried nearly every clearomizer currently on the market, and none of them come close to a high quality cartotank regarding flavor production and consistancy. This has been MY experience. (Exception: I've not owned an Aspire Nautilis, but I have vaped on a friends and in that short time of trying it I was impressed.)

The main issue with cartomizers used solo is not being able to know when to refill, or "top off", the carto before burning the filler wick. Once the wick becomes burnt, the carto is ruined. One can't see inside the carto due to its metal tube.

It's also important to properly fill a carto. Most novices don't use enough juice. Standard length cartos will hold 1 ml of juice; XL length cartos will hole 1.8 ml of juice. I don't count drops, as different droppers make different size drops of e-liquid.

Using a carto in a tank eliminates the above situation. Each time you vape, negative pressure in the tank allows juice from the tank to refill the carto. There's no guessing game involved, as you can easily see when to refill the tank.

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Some people can taste the polyfill in a carto, and some people can taste silica in a clearomizer.

Last edited:

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
The main issue with cartomizers used solo is not being able to know when to refill, or "top off", the carto before burning the filler wick. Once the wick becomes burnt, the carto is ruined. One can't see inside the carto due to its metal tube.

I could not agree more with this! And for some strange reason, I'm having a vision of Mr. Scott typing 1000 words a minute and mumbling about transparent aluminum (sorry, my geek is showing a little...imma tuck that back in) :p

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Cartomizers are a very rare find now in most of the Honolulu B&M stores, most will not carry them anymore. My wife finally got off those once she ran out of cartridges, so I gave her my Kayfun to try out... unfortunately, it seems that I am not going to get that back now...

Nice thing is she is using all the juices again that she wrote off as "flavorless" when she was snap, crackle, popping them through her cartomizer tank. She's also really happy that she only has to take a 1 second draw to get more flavor and vapor than those 5-6+ second draws from her carto-tank. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread