Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
my Nitcore Intellicharger i4 (new version) really chews up the ends of my poor Samsung 30Ts. The fit is really tight - too tight really.

The 40Ts are a bit tight but are not getting the ends ripped up.

Any suggestions from people who actually have those batteries and a charger that can ACTUALLY fit the 30Ts? And also fit not only 18650s but 26650s 21700s as well.

Thanks.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
my Nitcore Intellicharger i4 (new version) really chews up the ends of my poor Samsung 30Ts. The fit is really tight - too tight really.

Any suggestions from people who actually have those batteries and a charger that can ACTUALLY fit the 30Ts? And also fit not only 18650s but 26650s 21700s as well.

Thanks.
Miboxer C4-12, excellent charger that’s very roomy as well. No problems with my 21700’s. Here is a link that lists chargers bay dimensions but if you want just ignore it and get a Miboxer C4-12, you won’t be sorry.
Round cell charger index

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Looking at @madstabber ’s excellent link, the chart is organizable by maximum battery length, and the previously mentioned chargers that claim to fit 2x700s well are listing “10-32” as the length specified. The nitecore i4 (2014) is listed as 10-26, while the nitecore i4 (2017) is listed as 10-32.
All the chargers with larger sizes are (bayless single battery magnetic doohickeys.

I’ve got an xtar vp4 dragon which is also listed as 10-32, and is reported to do 2x700s but not protected ones.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

Thanks.

Since I started using 21700 in my Pico S I had to pull my Xtar VC4 back into use. I keep a rubber waffle pad nearby to grab the cell and pull back on it when inserting and removing 21700 cells. I'll probably order a Gyrfalcon All44 soon.

Here's another chart that shows a long list of chargers and denotes the ones that can handle 21700 cells.
Chargers Which Fit 20700 & 21700 Cells

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
SkyRC MC3000, not cheap. But probably one of the best chargers on the market.
https://lygte-info.dk/review/Review Charger SkyRC MC3000 UK.html
I think for most vapers that is more charger then we would want or need. Definitely one of the best chargers available it’s just I think most of us don’t want to program our chargers. Most probably want the least interaction between them and their charger possible. Having said that the all-44 or the Miboxer fit that bill. If your a charging nerd and like to fine tune your tech then the SkyRc is the way to go.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I think for most vapers that is more charger then we would want or need. Definitely one of the best chargers available it’s just I think most of us don’t want to program our chargers. Most probably want the least interaction between them and their charger possible. Having said that the all-44 or the Miboxer fit that bill. If your a charging nerd and like to fine tune your tech then the SkyRc is the way to go.
Hmmm... my main interest in battery chargers other than the simple recharging of batteries is monitoring their aging and detecting fakes. The xtar will test battery capacity and DC resistance. Does this skyRC have any other abilities in that direction?

• Agree
Reactions: muth

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA

Thanks.
My XSTAR VC4 fits all of the above without harming the bigger batts. I believe all the xstars fit them. The Gyrfalcon is also an excellent choice.

Reactions: Fidola13

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Hmmm... my main interest in battery chargers other than the simple recharging of batteries is monitoring their aging and detecting fakes. The xtar will test battery capacity and DC resistance. Does this skyRC have any other abilities in that direction?
I’m sure it reads IR and my Miboxer does this also but I thought I read somewhere that these chargers weren’t very accurate in this respect. Good point on monitoring battery aging, I didn’t think of that. I don’t have a skyrc charger so I’m not real familiar with it. I researched it when I bought my last charger and it very well may be capable of giving you an idea of battery age/performance. Actually my Miboxer charger seems to read resistance ok. I know my new batteries have a lower IR than my older batteries but I have no way of checking accuracy of it. I think I read that most of these chargers aren’t accurate reading IR from that Lygte guy from the links above.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
The SkyRC MC3000, is an advanced charger. Totally different from Milboxer, Nitecore, Xstar or the likes.

Have a thorough read through the review. For example, how many chargers can you connect to a computer for monitoring purposes.

And, also. Just because you can charge a battery quicker, it's not better.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Internal resistance display is an important feature for chargers, IMO. As internal resistance rises and dendrite growth accelerates there's a greater chance that dendrites will reach the separators in a cell and cause an internal short circuit. Internal resistance rising results in less run time on a lithium cell.

• Useful

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Internal resistance display is an important feature for chargers, IMO. As internal resistance rises and dendrite growth accelerates there's a greater chance that dendrites will reach the separators in a cell and cause an internal short circuit. Internal resistance rising results in less run time on a lithium cell.
There are apparently two kinds though and they tell different stories.

AC -not available on any charger I’ve found, reports battery age
DC -available on some higher end consumer chargers. reports how hard a mech will hit

Not sure how correct this is. I need better data.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveP

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Since I started using 21700 in my Pico S I had to pull my Xtar VC4 back into use. I keep a rubber waffle pad nearby to grab the cell and pull back on it when inserting and removing cells. I'll probably order a Gyrfalcon All44 soon.

Here's another chart that shows a long list of chargers and denotes the ones that can handle 21700 cells.
Chargers Which Fit 20700 & 21700 Cells

The charger I’m using says it also fits 21700s which technically it does but it also rips up the end wrappers it’s such a tight fit. That’s why I wanted users suggestions. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread